Buses, coaches, & lorries

gingerfold:
The first charabanc is probably a Leyland.

The radiator looks as close as any compared to others of the day.

A 25 seat M.A.N. coach of Autocares Baraza from Vera in Almeria Province in Southeast Spain. NMP.

Volvo B8R Plaxton Leopard all credit to scp for the photo.
Oily

Ribble fleet number 1413, a Leyland PD2 with MCW Orion bodywork on route 51 to Ford Cemetery.
The scene is Parker Street in the centre of Liverpool in 1972. NMP.

Ray Smyth.

Robert don’t know if you have seen this but it is a sister vehicle to yours on page one of this thread.

Steve

vwvanman0:
Robert don’t know if you have seen this but it is a sister vehicle to yours on page one of this thread.

Steve

Good heavens yes! It’s the one after the bus I owned. Presumably then, it will have started life with Burnley & Pendle. :sunglasses: R

Robert,
Burnley and Pendle was originally Burnley Colne & Nelson joint transport, hence the bcn on the front of the one pictured.

The pic is from a small bcn display at pendle heritage centre local to me in Barrowford Lancs.

Steve

Bedford article from 1972.

Click on pages twice.

vwvanman0:
Robert,
Burnley and Pendle was originally Burnley Colne & Nelson joint transport, hence the bcn on the front of the one pictured.

The pic is from a small bcn display at pendle heritage centre local to me in Barrowford Lancs.

Steve

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about the BC&N history. Cheers! R

National Coaches depot at Washington, monday morning. By this time it’s usually nearly empty!
“The virus” biting. Sorry about the angle, I took it through the fence. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:
National Coaches depot at Washington, monday morning. By this time it’s usually nearly empty!
“The virus” biting. Sorry about the angle, I took it through the fence. Regards Kev.0

My wife and I went on a holiday with these all Fur coat and no Knickers.Departing from Loughborough to Torquay Had to wait an hour for the coach.it came down empty from Leeds then we had to stop soon after for a driver’s hour job.The Coach was alright but obviously well used ( which is what they should be ) but I wouldn’t say it was how a proffesional operator should be.Not a problem with the driver I must say as the journey took ages due to traffic and cars on fire and of course another driver’s hours stop.The hotel was a change from the origional one and in fact was an awful place.Our room had an on suite but a small bath mat.The sash window had a wedge in it and a notice saying do not open this window. Food alright but it seemed as if they wanted to get the meal done.Cheese and biscuits well one small packet of cheese about the size or a single Kit Cat which iit wa as in one of these packets you can’t open The hot water boiler broke down twice one night First night there we went through a door leading to the the garden I noticed a blocked drain coming from the kitchen.Then on the driver’s day off we were taken to Brixham which the parking area which was a fair walk to the main bit ( nothing to do with National Holidays).Coach Holidays never again but we were spoilt by going on the Ring of Kerry trip which was much better infact much much better via Leon’s at Stafford.The last Hotel we stopped at was the Airport Hotel in Dublin.The manager was running up and down the loading areas shouting " get that bus out of the way ".The coach loading point was full of taxis.

I read with interest the picture of a Northerly section of the M6 when it was nearing completion in the early 1970s,
which DEANB put on the Paul Gees thread on Friday. It reminded me of a picture of a " One Man Operated " Ribble
Leyland Leopard, fleet number 674, which has just passed over the M6 on its way to Kendal. It appears that this
bus driver is about to start a shift, he is carrying his Setright ticket machine in its steel box, and the driver that
brought the bus to this point has set off home, down the lane on the right. Not very far to the left of the picture is
Junction 38 at Tebay, and the start of the climb to Shap summit. I have marked the location on Deans picture of
where the bus is. Click on picture for better image, NMPs.

Ray Smyth.

Ribble 674 M6.jpg

A326GLV Merseybus 1006, Leyland Atlantean seen on Hawthorne Road, Litherland sometime in the 1980s. thanks to Harry Pope for the photo.
Oily

A summers day in the centre of Keswick in ■■■■■■■■■■ in the 1960s.
Painting by transport artist, Trevor Mitchell.
Click picture for larger image.

Ray Smyth.

Keswick...jpg

A busy day in a small town centre. The market stalls are full of fruit and vegetables,
the sailor beside the Bedford coach looks like he is home on leave from the Royal Navy,
and the two chaps on the right are considering nipping into the "Pig & Whistle " pub for
a couple of pints of best bitter. The Bristol single deck bus at the rear is from the fleet
of United Automobile Co. The painting is by transport artist, Trevor Mitchell.
Click on picture for better image.

Ray Smyth.

Bedford Duple ..jpg

Ray Smyth:
A busy day in a small town centre. The market stalls are full of fruit and vegetables,
the sailor beside the Bedford coach looks like he is home on leave from the Royal Navy,
and the two chaps on the right are considering nipping into the "Pig & Whistle " pub for
a couple of pints of best bitter. The Bristol single deck bus at the rear is from the fleet
of United Automobile Co. The painting is by transport artist, Trevor Mitchell.
Click on picture for better image.

Ray Smyth.

They’d make cracking jigsaws Ray, especially nowadays cheers Coomsey

FB_IMG_1585908799152.jpg
FB_IMG_1585908481050.jpg
Just about the only buses we saw in Coalville, the odd Bartons of Nottingham

FB_IMG_1585910093890.jpg
Margaret st Leicester with one of Bartons in the background

Just to help you out Paul these could be models I m not sure

From about 1953, Liverpool Corporation Passenger Transport introduced a new bus which entered service unpainted.
The first one was an AEC Regent 111 with bodywork by Saunders-Roe in Anglesey, reg number NKD 540, fleet number A40.
It was said locally that it was to test the durability of the unpainted aluminium bodywork, particularly that Liverpool is
right on the coast, and next to the Irish sea, salty air etc, others said that it was an economy measure to save money.
Over the next 4 or 5 years, several more entered service unpainted, both AECs and Leyland. These two, L306 and L307 were
both Leyland PD2 with body framework by Crossley in Manchester, and completed by the Corporation at their massive
workshop and factory at Edge Lane in 1955. Pictures from Bootle History Forum.

Ray Smyth