Building a shed

Just a small bit about a couple foot square should be big enough for any heat to dissipate I would think, but is the stuff you are thinking of using on the roof not heat resistant ?

Did a bit of work on the log burner tonight , put some feet on it and drilled a hole in each one.
It’s going to sit on a square of ruabon red tiles I scavenged from somewhere.
I’ll screw it down to save it getting knocked over.
Raymundo,the roof sheets are bitumen corrugated sheets and I’ve never had anything to do with them so I don’t know how they will react to heat.
There is an old land rover hardtop I can cut up for some insulation round the back of the garage so I’ll bodge something up.

Feet on

sore neck time I still can’t get pics the right way round :blush:
Just click on them .

Gave it a seeing to with a grinder get it ready for a lick of paint

Won an auction on eBay tonight for a sink and cooker out of a caravan , they sell for top dollar so will fit that along with a water supply.
Might as well have some comforts.
Put some free grating on the A frame knock the gunk of your boots before you walk it all in.

Last bit for tonight I had 5 Scania interior led lights donated so they will get wired up to the donated truck batteries.

I must admit at the start of this thread I thought it was a bit of a hare brained scheme but am now actually thinking good ingenuity there, interesting and fun thing to do.

Had a result today managed to scrounge on my travels a load of insulation boards and plywood sheets.
Cost £30 for the donaters beer fund.
Well happy.
Collect tomorrow and then start the roofing weather permitting.

raymundo:
I must admit at the start of this thread I thought it was a bit of a hare brained scheme but am now actually thinking good ingenuity there, interesting and fun thing to do.

Method in my madness raymundo, I’m trying to use as much cheap blagged recycled stuff as I can.
It will all come together when it’s finished and sited .
I’ve never had the time or inclination to do anything like this and I’m enjoying it.
Maybe it will give other people some inspiration to get the tools out and build something.

Door all complete just need to bolt a door stop on the A frame stop the wind catching the door.

Big day today collected the plywood and insulation.
Fitted one side of the roof and screwed down the ridge tiles on one side I’ll finish it of on Sunday…
Gave the log burner a coat of paint and cut some plywood and insulation for the floor.
Now for a lamb dinner and a few pints of bitter.
More on Sunday if anyone’s interested.
Usual story with the pics sorry.

Roofing sheets

Now for the hardwork

Taking shape

The daylight will be gone tomorrow when I screw the sheets down and ridge tiles .

Over the door

Sore backside sat up there :confused:

Screws and caps tedious job

Great project. I built a shed with that type of roof sheet but after a year or two it starts to sag and you also get condensation off them in winter,I ended up taking them off,covering the roof with ply and ty-vek and re-laying sheets onto that,a bit more expensive but worth it in long run.It will also make it heavier ,I would be a little concerned about the weight going onto to that single axle,I’m not being negative (or trying to attract the inevitable legislation bore’s on this site),I just want you to get it to your site in one piece :laughing: Keep up the good work,from a fellow “shedder” :laughing:

Nice job :wink: , looks well 'rustic 'an all :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the positive comments.
The weight will be OK I’m only a mile from its eventual site and I’ve a range rover to drag it down there.
Made some serious progress this weekend got the roof sorted and the floor insulated and boarded out.
Knackered but happy.
Some photos to follow .