My shed.

Chaps and chapessess.

Evening.
I’m looking at insulating and boarding the inside of my shed, I’m just asking if anyone knows of any waterproof “paint, grease, material” I could use before offering up any insulation then the final boarding.

Many thanks for any info.

And hey…have a good weekend

If the shed hasn’t already been treated then you can’t beat watered down pva glue or varnish ,if it’s already been treated with the normal rubbish you will have difficulty getting most liquids to soak in or even stick ,be sure to leave a gap against the insulation and the outside wall .the outside will benefit from creosote as week as is it these days again if you can get it to soak in !! I’ve glue all the sheds I’ve put together and used extra screws too .

^ Good advice, watered down PVA adhesive, or 25% yacht varnish with 75% white spirit. Just one bit of advice re insulation, if you use polystyrene then don’t allow it to come into contact with electrical cable, it will rot the cable insulation.

Thanks for the replies :smiley:

I was thinking then of PVA’ing the inside then maybe get some thick polythene sheeting and fixing that to the inside and then offering up the insulation and then the boarding, maybe give it a quick cheeky skim over the plasterboard, somewhere to hide from the wife and daughters when I’m in myther :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I thought you meant like this not preparation,

The gas man:

I was thinking then of PVA’ing the inside then maybe get some thick polythene sheeting and fixing that to the inside and then offering up the insulation and then the boarding, maybe give it a quick cheeky skim over the plasterboard, somewhere to hide from the wife and daughters when I’m in myther :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

would it not be easier to do a fred west,and board up your misses in there,then have the run of the house■■? :smiley:

hotel magnum:
I thought you meant like this not preparation,

That’s in better condition than the merc atrocious I drive :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:

The gas man:

would it not be easier to do a fred west,and board up your misses in there,then have the run of the house■■? :smiley:

Belting idea :grimacing:

I’ll just need an address to send my visiting orders :smiley:

most likely then hmp wormwood scrubs might be a safe bet?