BRACKMILLS HAULAGE

Hi boys
Yesterday I saw one of Brackmills Volvos and stepframe on the A41 Newport Shropshire,Does anyone know if there going again or was it one riding around in there old colours :question:

Regards Keith

dessert driver:
Hi boys
Yesterday I saw one of Brackmills Volvos and stepframe on the A41 Newport Shropshire,Does anyone know if there going again or was it one riding around in there old colours :question:

Regards Keith

Rob Masters Ltd of Wellingborough has taken over Brackmills Haulage and is keeping the name and vehicles and i believe drivers and doing the same work.

When i was a young boy!!! i lived in Barton Seagrave, Kettering and my morning paper round included Peter Bennies house at the bottom of Barton hill, at the back of the yard that was Barton Plant. As i lived at the top of the hill and his house was my last delivery, he used to get a driver that was leaving to take back to the Cranford turn traffic lights.

The day after an article appeared in ‘TRUCK’ about the extended cab F12 I got a lift in it, made my day, in fact riding in them is what encouraged me to become a driver.

Hi all
I remember Brackmills from the seventies, Stuart used to be a driver with Hoptons wood in Mkt Harborough before going to Brackmills, I knew him and his wife Sandra from going to Ashley disco,s. I worked for Federated in those days, anybody recall them.

mart1n:
Hi all
I remember Brackmills from the seventies, Stuart used to be a driver with Hoptons wood in Mkt Harborough before going to Brackmills, I knew him and his wife Sandra from going to Ashley disco,s. I worked for Federated in those days, anybody recall them.

Hiya ,
there’s a picture of a Federated transcon on the ‘transcontinental’ thread :wink:

we had about 20 trancontinentals at Federated, first was LJU500P, Tommy Sutton used to drive it and it could be seen outside pubs all over the country at lunchtime, he would come into the yard in Harborough, leave it on the pump for me to fuel and park up while he went into the the office for a drunken rant at whoever was in there, happy days.

I had DJF135T for about a year just before Federated went down I think it was the last Transcon to arrive, it accelerated a bloody site quicker than the brakes could stop it.

I left them in 82 to go to the flour mill in Corby, we had erfs with 290 ■■■■■■■■ great for the Corby to Lutterworth race track specially on nights.

So sorry to hear about the demise of Brackmills Haulage. I hope that Rob Masters keeps the name going just for old times Sake. I had some fun times at Brackmills. I joined them in their Hey day, when they did ALL of Volvo BM’s work. Money was plenty and EMINOX stacks and wheel trims the order of the day. The Blue and White colours were adopted when they Bought VOLVO BM"s own fleet of Low loaders. They kept the blue and white even when VME (Volvo Michigan Euclid) changed to VCE (Volvo Construction Equiptment) and dropped the blue line on their Vehicles. Being part of the Bennie group, moving the crushing gangs was a big part of the work. A fleet of Trucks… F16 Ballast tow for the crusher, Two or three Low loaders for Excavators/Loading Shovels, and three step frames for Bowsers dollies etc. I went to Scotland for three weeks straight once! What a great bunch of Guys. Micky limmage, Colin, Steve Hawkeye, Matthew,Trev(Jo 90) Johnny Duncan, Phil (Barnsley Chop), Simon (Duxford) and of course Jack. We had two full time mates… Young Phil and Dave (grease Monkey). We would drive one of the Step frames to Sainsbury’s, fill a couple of trolley’s for a Barbie, and put them straight on the trailer, then back to the Quarry for Barbecue!!

Later we were joined by Simon, Steve(two chains),Wobbly Bob and some guy who turned up… he’d been driving buses, so I named him WALLACE, after Wallace Arnold Coaches… his real name; Stuart Ball, the lovliest bloke. I have cried laughing with him many times. If anyone has an e.mail address or phone number for him, could you PM me pls.

Brackmills and Bennies started getting smaller, really from When I got there… (probly My fault… everything else was! :smiley: )… first to go was MIck Passingham, the workshop manager, who I would permanently hassle for parts for my Truck… and my Boat, much to the annoyance of Nobby!

Then Bob Reid left. He went to work for Volvo UK, who he had always had a close relationship with since their earliest days in the UK.

The fleet started reducing then and really the end was bought on by Volvo CE opening a Pre delivery inspection Centre at Immingham, cutting the Low loader work in half.

I took the very Last AKERMAN 70 tonne excavator to the Volvo Depot in Stirling Scotland. Volvo shut the Akerman factory and Bought Samsung excavtors in Korea. A sad day. Akerman excavators were awesome machines.

I moved to Australia. I dont want to sound like a Yank, but “EVERYTHING IS SO MUCH BIGGER HERE.” Here are some Pics from my Travels;

mart1n:
Hi all

sandra runns the pub in ashley spose stuart is drinkin all the cider tho lol

Truckwit:
So sorry to hear about the demise of Brackmills Haulage. I hope that Rob Masters keeps the name going just for old times Sake. I had some fun times at Brackmills. I joined them in their Hey day, when they did ALL of Volvo BM’s work. Money was plenty and EMINOX stacks and wheel trims the order of the day. The Blue and White colours were adopted when they Bought VOLVO BM"s own fleet of Low loaders. They kept the blue and white even when VME (Volvo Michigan Euclid) changed to VCE (Volvo Construction Equiptment) and dropped the blue line on their Vehicles. Being part of the Bennie group, moving the crushing gangs was a big part of the work. A fleet of Trucks… F16 Ballast tow for the crusher, Two or three Low loaders for Excavators/Loading Shovels, and three step frames for Bowsers dollies etc. I went to Scotland for three weeks straight once! What a great bunch of Guys. Micky limmage, Colin, Steve Hawkeye, Matthew,Trev(Jo 90) Johnny Duncan, Phil (Barnsley Chop), Simon (Duxford) and of course Jack. We had two full time mates… Young Phil and Dave (grease Monkey). We would drive one of the Step frames to Sainsbury’s, fill a couple of trolley’s for a Barbie, and put them straight on the trailer, then back to the Quarry for Barbecue!!

Later we were joined by Simon, Steve(two chains),Wobbly Bob and some guy who turned up… he’d been driving buses, so I named him WALLACE, after Wallace Arnold Coaches… his real name; Stuart Ball, the lovliest bloke. I have cried laughing with him many times. If anyone has an e.mail address or phone number for him, could you PM me pls.

Brackmills and Bennies started getting smaller, really from When I got there… (probly My fault… everything else was! :smiley: )… first to go was MIck Passingham, the workshop manager, who I would permanently hassle for parts for my Truck… and my Boat, much to the annoyance of Nobby!

Then Bob Reid left. He went to work for Volvo UK, who he had always had a close relationship with since their earliest days in the UK.

The fleet started reducing then and really the end was bought on by Volvo CE opening a Pre delivery inspection Centre at Immingham, cutting the Low loader work in half.

I took the very Last AKERMAN 70 tonne excavator to the Volvo Depot in Stirling Scotland. Volvo shut the Akerman factory and Bought Samsung excavtors in Korea. A sad day. Akerman excavators were awesome machines.

I moved to Australia. I dont want to sound like a Yank, but “EVERYTHING IS SO MUCH BIGGER HERE.” Here are some Pics from my Travels;

PM sent think your name is giles not shure i rember you the last time you worked for them think it was 2005/6 i think

Hi All… has been a while since i have been on here, Sorry to hear about Brackmills heavy haulage going down … I am sure Rob masters will keep it going !!!.Used enjoy seeing there kit running up the road … I used to work for E Hull of Bedford years ago so heavy haulage is in the blood … I know work fork for lynch plant hire on the eighty tonner…will have to post some pictures on here when i find out how lol …I can dig a hole i can drive a truck but i an f----d if i can work this dam computer lol …Has anybody got any pictures of E Hull haulage…Hi Ash. been a few years since i have seen you mate … we used to work together at coca cola on brackmills in the old depot. years ago

cockney:
Has anybody got any pictures of E Hull haulage…Hi Ash. been a few years since i have seen you mate … we used to work together at coca cola on brackmills in the old depot. years ago

Hello mate…urrrr; I been thinking hard but can’t work out who you are :blush: And me being a hardened “enthusiast” an all. NOW you tell me you worked for E Hull :astonished: :astonished: I have pictures of their kit :slight_smile: Will post soon. Ive sent you a PM :wink: