Braybrooks Haulage - Rushden

First time posting on here… Trying to find out if anyone remembers Eddie Coles (my father) who drove brand new Volvo F86’s on the Scotch run during the 1970’s. He also drove for Plaster & Hangers mostly continental work. Any info would be kindly appreciated

I work with an ex Braybrooks chap who started there on his first lorry job (same age as me and we both started on artics in 76) , i’ll have a word in his shell like when i see him next, that might be next week mind depending how our shifts clash…

Thank you for your reply my dad is 84 years old and obviously a son who is very proud of him he started his driving career mick coopers sand and gravel pits at thrapston mostly 2 stroke commers as a young boy can remember the lorries all lined up in a half circle .trucks find a very special place in your heart getting up with the lark and spending every week of your school holidays in a lorry with your dad is something special .his later years before he retired was spent transporting static caravans for ajr transport and dial choice based at finedon sidings scania tractor unit with 50 foot peak trailer one big load. he would be happy to hear any replies prompting anyones memories. This

ask him if he remembers going to tingdene to pick up their god awful single axle low loader. they didn’t have a problem, it had all been done correctly , dial choice asked to borrow it for a job, which was great until they asked him where he was going , this is 1982 by the way, Belfast he replies , oh no your not , not with our trailer anyway. at which brentmere then came back to me and asked me to get a couple of trailers to do the job.the photo is my 240 b series delivering part of said load. always bumping into dial choice, he delivered the chassis and we took out the new mobile homes, brentmere, tingdene,sunseekers,jayge, he’ll remember all them.
Don jackson was my dad, CTS or Roydon CTS, latterley don jackson transport, worked out of barkers yard in wellingborough
does he remember loading old refridgerator piping out of a factory in liverpool that dial choice bought, to make the axles,that was right game , seem to remember he spent a lot of time on it .

tony jackson

I asked the question today, but my workmate didn’t start there till '78 and you dads name doesn’t ring any bells, sorry mate.

Can’t help you myself either despite working in the area for many years, never got involved with the mobile homes mesen and the only chap i know personally from those days into those is David Sparrow, and i haven’t seen him for donkeys years either.

Thanks tony for your reply was hoping to see my dad this weekend but all good plans were changed im afraid. He remembers your dad , and out of respect to you will be talking to him friday night with more information to share and to let you know he is very grateful to hear from yourselves will be posting more in very near future .

I am sure my dad would have known him .My dad drove to years for whitwick granite in Leicestershire and his last few he was the weighbridge clerk . I remember going into the thrapston plant to do back loads there was a company called Edwards brothers who had brown bedfords working out of there too. My dad was Hughie Robinson nickname squire . He delivered his last load in 2000.