Bit of a tight spot

Good how people there at the time are happy to photo/video what’s going on. And no.doubt be calling the driver names behind his back.
And bet your life not one.of them thought to at least go.over be a banks man of.sorts and help.him.

edd1974:
Good how people there at the time are happy to photo/video what’s going on. And no.doubt be calling the driver names behind his back.
And bet your life not one.of them thought to at least go.over be a banks man of.sorts and help.him.

No point…

In acting as a banksman as it’s a waste of time because from where I’m sitting, it’s stuck and it’s not getting out without some sort of assistance from a wrecker or David Blaine.

It’s possibly the same driver in last weeks thread who managed to wedge himself stuck. I’m sorry but this kind of thing is completely avoidable with a little planning.

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:

No point…

In acting as a banksman as it’s a waste of time because from where I’m sitting, it’s stuck and it’s not getting out without some sort of assistance from a wrecker or David Blaine.

It’s possibly the same driver in last weeks thread who managed to wedge himself stuck. I’m sorry but this kind of thing is completely avoidable with a little planning.

To my eye, the driver just needs to reverse from his current position whilst turning his wheel to the right (before he starts moving). The cab is already perpendicular to the trailer, so the trailer will swing in away from the pump, and it’s unlikely to go backwards into the pump because the cab (and the pin) is already set up to move at a fixed radius from the pump.

Rowley010:

Scraggy88:
Still a shame people always shaming HGV drivers when they make a mistake. . . Would love to see half the car drivers out there who have nothing better to do than complain and criticise HGV drivers, actually do the job for a week! At least if you screw up in a car, it’s usually a simple case of turn around in the road or back out of a tight spot but it gets a bit more complicated with a large vehicle.
I been in tough spots before and it’s very easy to get flustered or forget everything you know as sometimes just reversing out is not an option and you gotta go balls deep and hope for the best!
Hopefully the guy got out of that spot without much repercussion and learned by it. . . And that folks, is my little rant for the day :laughing:

I understand what your saying and yes we all make mistakes and yes the people looking and laughing who have never driven a truck make mistakes. But there’s a mistakes and then there’s stupidity and this is one of those where it’s certainly on the line between the 2 if not crossed it. How far do you need to go to realise it’s not going to go round that?

Yes perhaps a second thought wouldn’t have gone a miss. Mind you, he could have been on near zero fuel and had no choice but then again that’s also bad planning.
Everyone makes a poor choice now and then though and this was clearly his time :wink:
Could always have been worse I guess

yourhavingalarf:

edd1974:

No point…

Little planning and with a little sense to say no this artic will not screw round and clear the pumps and the high kerb. If he had no experience he’s learned the hard way, if he was experienced he should have known better and been able to see that, and if I was just a car driver with a class 1 then that says it all really doesn’t it.

No doubt another quality imported driver

If it is a hgv lane how are you actually supposed to use it?

red7jase:
If it is a hgv lane how are you actually supposed to use it?

Not…

Like that.

idrive:

Like thatski simples

Hazards on…

Reverse gear, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep.

Engage D.

Rejoin carriageway whilst opening up meal deal for noshing on the way to Basingstoke.

dieseldog999:
i reckon he is professionally reversing in to fill the tank on the drivers side… :slight_smile:

poor guy,1 moments lapse of sanity,nd bolloxed…it could just as easy happen to anyone in here…obviously not conor,jts and whever else gets cloned. :slight_smile:

No it could not happen to anybody. Any experienced driver should be able to know by looking at a situation and realise whether it is possible or not. I could and I am sure there are plenty others who can. If you look at a situation and are not sure then don’t attempt.

I am sure even RR would agree with me on that?

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:
i reckon he is professionally reversing in to fill the tank on the drivers side… :slight_smile:

poor guy,1 moments lapse of sanity,nd bolloxed…it could just as easy happen to anyone in here…obviously not conor,jts and whever else gets cloned. :slight_smile:

No it could not happen to anybody. Any experienced driver should be able to know by looking at a situation and realise whether it is possible or not. I could and I am sure there are plenty others who can. If you look at a situation and are not sure then don’t attempt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
a more than obvious predictable reply there old chap hence why i specifically omitted you from the realms of reality in my post.

apart from yourself and the famous 5 similar same sanctimonious holier than though fantasy wazzocks on here then anybody and everybody thats actually driven trucks at one time or another has looked back and thought,why on earth did i do that■■?..stick to your dreaming and pen pushing and try and post something that others dont just read and shake their head at. il lt you have the past word as itl save wasting time for everyne else watching your dead horse getting flogged again :unamused:

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
a more than obvious predictable reply there old chap hence why i specifically omitted you from the realms of reality in my post.

apart from yourself and the famous 5 similar same sanctimonious holier than though fantasy wazzocks on here then anybody and everybody thats actually driven trucks at one time or another has looked back and thought,why on earth did i do that■■?..stick to your dreaming and pen pushing and try and post something that others dont just read and shake their head at. il lt you have the past word as itl save wasting time for everyne else watching your dead horse getting flogged again :unamused:

Yes of course they have and some more than others. As I said an experienced driver would be able to tell by looking. Maybe just maybe you are not that good and never learn. Reading some of your posts it’s very possible. :laughing:

as usual your posts are just an attempt at some more superior pish. experieced or not.everyone actually driving trucks for a living will at some point have made an error of judgemnt that they may or not have been lucky or not in the outcome. obviously this dont apply to yourself when its obvious from your posting styles that you are without a clue .but dream on and keep fishng.

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol see he gets a rise out of everyone in the end. The question is how did these driving gods become gods without making a mistake after all everyone knows you learn from your mistakes so it would appear they have learnt nothing

Mazzer2:
Lol see he gets a rise out of everyone in the end. The question is how did these driving gods become gods without making a mistake after all everyone knows you learn from your mistakes so it would appear they have learnt nothing

New lad started at our place recently. Good lad, inks still wet on his license but he’s eager to learn. I was talking to him the other week and he commented on how all the other drivers had been really helpful in giving him tips and advice. My reply to him was “we made all the mistakes so you dont have to”.

Besides, the alternative was to leave him to it and criticise him when it goes wrong. A situation where nobody wins.

Mazzer2:

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its a shame you can’t even understand what I wrote. :unamused:

Nite Owl:

Mazzer2:

New lad started at our place recently. Good lad, inks still wet on his license but he’s eager to learn. I was talking to him the other week and he commented on how all the other drivers had been really helpful in giving him tips and advice. My reply to him was “we made all the mistakes so you dont have to”.

Besides, the alternative was to leave him to it and criticise him when it goes wrong. A situation where nobody wins.

Correct but what would some on here do without being critical towards drivers?

Its a shame you can’t even understand what I wrote. :unamused:
[/quote]
Tbh most of what you write isn’t worth bothering to work out general gist of all your posts is that you’re perfect seen it all done it all and the rest of us aren’t fit to lace your boots