Crewe t.stop Bibby driver

Just witnessed another example of the type of a.hole that they dish out licences to today. :unamused:
I parked at Crewe t/stop last night, a mate of mine arrived late after a hold up and was right on the end of his 13, he was that tight he saved a minute or so not backing in and just pulled in unit first, rather than bust a 13 and printout etc.(yeh I know :unamused: )
He was definitely between the lines on the parking space, but with the Bibby’s motor next to him being tight to the line, and my mate being tight to the other side of the line he was close to Bibby’s driver door. Anyway we looked at his cab saw no life so rather than wake him to explain and apologise we just thought if he can’t get out his cab nearside was clear, after saying that he would have had to be a fat ■■■■■■■ to be unable to get out,it wasn’tight-tight’ if you see what I mean
Anyway while we were tipping this morning we noticed two 6’'inch knife slashes at window height of his trailer :open_mouth:
. What an absolute James Hunt this guy must be, . these are the a.holes we have to share the road with :unamused:
My mate admits he was in the wrong, and it wasn’t the best bit of parking, but come on was that really necessary, if he was that ■■■■■■ off he should have been a man got out (of the passenger side :unamused: :laughing: ) and confronted him.
My mate aint on here so I told him I would put this on here to show that ■■■■ up. He only wishes that he got his reg no, in real terms the ■■■■■ in the trailer doesn’t matter a ■■■■, 2 strips of tape sorted it, it’s just principle,as well as displaying the quality of some drivers today.

Afraid it’s all about ‘self’ now. F u I’m inconvenienced so you’ll have it! World’s full of tossers now imo.

Ah but according to some on here you shouldn’t park between the lines. You should park on the line.

happysack:
Ah but according to some on here you shouldn’t park between the lines. You should park on the line.

well it makes sense that if every one parked on the right hand line everyone would have the same amount of room to get in and out. that’s the way I was taught 30+ years ago

Oh and a few of places I’ve been in tend to have lines one side between bays

Was it a bibby truck and trailer? Or subbie unit and bibby trailer? I can give you a telephone number, :sunglasses: they can suss out who used Crewe truckstop! :laughing: absolute Richard head :imp: yes probably a scouse one too AKA the Stanley knife! :smiley: their WEAPON OF CHOICE! :smiling_imp:

I park near the running fridges and Dixons change over area, lot’s of room to park.
Sorry to be pedantic but could somebody else have cut the trailer and not the Bibby driver ?

I generally agree with most things you post Nick as they tend to be bang on the money, but I’m afraid I have to take exception here mate. The lines are a guide to park between, if everybody managed that (like your suggestion of parking on the right hand line) then we’d all have space.

Think if you would of it as a garage,you wouldn’t reverse your car down the wall there would you? :wink:

the maoster:
I generally agree with most things you post Nick as they tend to be bang on the money, but I’m afraid I have to take exception here mate. The lines are a guide to park between, if everybody managed that (like your suggestion of parking on the right hand line) then we’d all have space.

Think if you would of it as a garage,you wouldn’t reverse your car down the wall there would you? :wink:

But then there’s a lot out there that can’t drive in a straight line. But we’re talking open spaced parking not in a garage

nick2008:

happysack:

well it makes sense that if every one parked on the right hand line everyone would have the same amount of room to get in and out. that’s the way I was taught 30+ years ago

Oh and a few of places I’ve been in tend to have lines one side between bays

Or if everyone parked slap bang in-between the lines everyone would have the same amount of space to get out. Until you mentioned it I’d never heard of parking on the lines, and neither do most on here it seems. Do you park your car like this too?

I think nick is the ■■■■ that parks do close to my car in tesco I can’t open the door

nick2008:
well it makes sense

No it doesn’t.

Im a straight down the middle, never touch the sides man myself (thats what she said), not that I can’t see some logic in keeping her tight to one side but not knowing if a left or right ■■■■■■ is going to slide in beside me I’d rather hedge me bets.

To be honest though being any where near the bay some nights is good enough for me and if I can open me door 2 clicks thats great but if I wave me tallywaggle out the window and touch me neighbours mirrors then that usually means im having some weird dream.

In my world, the lines on a parking bay outline the area available for parking - i.e. the vehicle can be anywhere inside it, and if it’s right at the edge then that’s the driver’s choice (and he will have to address any access issues resulting from it). It’s not the same as a loading bay, where the main idea of the markings is to align the back doors with the dock.

robroy:
Just witnessed another example of the type of a.hole that they dish out licences to today. :unamused:

Just because your mate is tight on hours, and parks to inconvinience other people instead of dealing with his own predicament himself doesn’t make him a ■■■■■■■■. Selfish maybe. And he’s just discovered some people won’t put up with it. I wouldn’t worry about either of them !!! :smiley:

WHATEVER the provocation, there is ZERO excuse for slashing a fellow driver’s curtains. That just makes you a See You Next Tuesday.

So this guy parks up plenty of space wakes up to find he can’t open his door, and you think he’s a prick for retaliating? :unamused:
Whilst I don’t agree with his actions I’m not surprised, it’s ■■■■■ like your mate that are also adding to ■■■■ the job up! Hypocrite!

I agree Contraflow!!! Gone through zb loads of popcorn on here this week lol.

Not my mate (never met the guy), but you think it’s OK to ■■■■■ the curtains of a fellow trucker? How about taking his trailer lenses? Maybe smashing his headlights? Tell you what - let’s torch his ■■■■■■■ trailer! That’ll teach him not to park perfectly! Assuming he doesn’t die in the blaze - but ■■■■ him, he deserved it, eh?

Finish yer popcorn, lads. I’m off to bed :slight_smile: