Biker jailed for M6 wheelies

bald bloke:
Biker who pulled wheelies on the M6 is jailed - BBC News Made me laugh when I read that they followed him for 16 minutes, surprised he hadn’t been drinking!!

16 minutes this time not 12 there antics on our motorways are getting longer !

nickb67:

Big Truck:
Somebody better tell the 2/3 UNMARKED Police traffic cars that prowl the A75/77 pulling over truckers day and daily!!!
Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Just the 2 or 3?! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Two thirds, a Volvo with no boot :wink:

Well just got a pull into Glenluce 20mins ago and low and behold an unmarked black BMW 4series sits!!!
Took my card into building then came out waffling something about 11.5hrs without a daily rest break!!!
I said go back and do a driver hours refresher course and look up “15hr spreads”.[emoji12] [emoji106]
I was then waved on my way and made the 1130Stena by 60secs!!! [emoji41]

IndigoJo:

tachograph:
I’m surprised they let that go on for 16 minutes :open_mouth:

He got what he deserved in my opinion, a motorway is not the place to be pulling stunts like that.

It was an unmarked police car – they can’t pull someone over on their own. They need a proper cop car.

since when lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Big Truck:
Well just got a pull into Glenluce 20mins ago and low and behold an unmarked black BMW 4series sits!!!
Took my card into building then came out waffling something about 11.5hrs without a daily rest break!!!
I said go back and do a driver hours refresher course and look up “15hr spreads”.[emoji12] [emoji106]

Did I tell you about the time I missed the ferry by 60 seconds ?

peterm:

Big Truck:

No did you fall in the water :smiley: :smiley:

peterm:

Big Truck:

Do I need the popcorn!!![emoji2]

peterm:

Big Truck:

Was it a big red one■■?

looks like we have something in common…there but for the grace of god…how those 30 years have flown…still look on the bright side,it should be another 5 mnth before the waffling pish starts up about it again… :smiley:

So a biker gets eight months in prison for doing something which any competent motorcyclist can do and which caused no risk to anybody other than himself while a vicar gets a suspended sentence for ■■■■■■■■ assaulting a 15 year old girl.

cps.gov.uk/westmidlands/cps_ … _teenager/

ItsJoe:
If an unmarked police car pulls you over then just pull over. Yeah, it’s not against the law if you don’t but do you really want to risk annoying a police officer that might just be warning you in the first place?

Any police officer worth his salt will know that when pulling over goods vehicles in an unmarked car, the driver has every right to indicate that he wishes to carry on to somewhere he is comfortable stopping (ie. police station) and/or phone the police himself for confirmation of the officers legitimacy before cooperating, for security purposes.

Not hard for some thieves to stick a blue lights on their own car.

rob22888:

ItsJoe:
If an unmarked police car pulls you over then just pull over. Yeah, it’s not against the law if you don’t but do you really want to risk annoying a police officer that might just be warning you in the first place?

Any police officer worth his salt will know that when pulling over goods vehicles in an unmarked car, the driver has every right to indicate that he wishes to carry on to somewhere he is comfortable stopping (ie. police station) and/or phone the police himself for confirmation of the officers legitimacy before cooperating, for security purposes.

if we did that,we might as well book into the nearest digs to castle kennedy then for the stripped to the last nut crucifixion that would follow for not stopping when its obvious the big car would like a word.the attitude test would be failed before the wheels stopped turning.you know its plod,and you know the game they play as they tend to work from the same script… :cry:

Harry Monk:
So a biker gets eight months in prison for doing something which any competent motorcyclist can do and which caused no risk to anybody other than himself while a vicar gets a suspended sentence for ■■■■■■■■ assaulting a 15 year old girl.

cps.gov.uk/westmidlands/cps_ … _teenager/

Couldn’t make it up could you. :angry:

knight2:

peterm:

Big Truck:

No did you fall in the water :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:

So a guy on a moped, popped a couple of weelies, stood up on the pegs, just pratting about,
Real police work in action, but its a case opened and closed, looks good on the crime figures.

A good talking to whould have sufficed

dieseldog999:

rob22888:

ItsJoe:

if we did that,we might as well book into the nearest digs to castle kennedy then for the stripped to the last nut crucifixion that would follow for not stopping when its obvious the big car would like a word.the attitude test would be failed before the wheels stopped turning.you know its plod,and you know the game they play as they tend to work from the same script… :cry:

I think it would depend on what you are carrying and how sure you were that it was a police car. We carry signs saying in effect that we won’t stop except at certain places and a phone number for the police to ring.

Having said that, we allow the drivers discretion and if it’s an obvious police car or a full DVSA checkpoint where they are pulling everyone, then they’d go with the flow. If it was an unmarked car in a quiet area, they’d probably not stop.

I see on the A90 from Perth to Aberdeen there are numerous perm signs along roadside:

“Unmarked Police cars patrol this area” or similar.

So every one of them who wants to pull a speeding etc motorist/trucker/biker has to call for a liveried Police vehicle to do so!!![emoji52] [emoji28] [emoji12]