Justified Police Action

Whilst trawling the blogs this afternoon I came across this one.

extraspecialpc.blogspot.com/

However, this one had a You Tube video attached. I think it’s taken from a TV program though.

youtube.com/watch?v=SsfeWhpPjhE

Its about 3m 40s if you want to watch it.

Bearing in mind that you could well have been on that motorway in lane 1 with a police car racing towards you up the wrong way, or undertaking you at speed…

Jesus - straight at a truck, using another patrol car to stop yours, trying to flip the criminal on a busy motorway. Do you think the adrenalin took control a bit? :open_mouth:

tintobg:
Jesus - straight at a truck, using another patrol car to stop yours, trying to flip the criminal on a busy motorway. Do you think the adrenalin took control a bit? :open_mouth:

Err yeah, a bit!

The police car that “rammed” the other car was wrong imho. ISTR that the procedure is to “tap” the rear driverside of the vehicle in a side swipe with a vehicle with side protection to put the car into a spin…

They’ve taken a patrol car off the road for how long now?

They had about, what, 4 unmarked units, 3 marked patrol units, 2 motorcyclists.

Reccomended appraoch? Tail the vehicle? Stop the traffic in front and behind so he’s not going anywhere, and if then he decides to “run” then at least you’ve got him off the road. :unamused: :unamused:

Although, I thought I was seeing things as I rarely see one police car at all, let alone that lot.

And they’re still trying to “justify” the anpr stuff as well. :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth:

I like how they dropped the handcuffed bloke over the fence allowing him to land on his head!

If you decide to try and hit a policeman with a sword I think you have crossed a line. When we finally regain control of our judiciary from the leftie lesbian tree huggers and sent the message out again that the law is there for the good of everyone we will then be able to deal with people like this properly.

My only regret is that the car in the video didn’t flip and throw the driver out onto the road to be run over. I have no sympathy for scum like this.

Saratoga:
ISTR that the procedure is to “tap” the rear driverside of the vehicle in a side swipe with a vehicle with side protection to put the car into a spin…

Do you mean this?:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PIT_maneuver

Love the way at 1min50sec the police driver goes headlong into another cop car - class driving!!

Erm yes

the only thing id question is the copper who tried to return the wrong way up the motorway.

But its good to know there are still cops willing to do whats needed, and its still a one for all attitude.

Do you think your work colleagues would do the same for you?

That was fun to watch. I think they were justifiied in what they did, the guy has a deadly weapon and is prepared to use it. Apart from the tool that rolled into the other cop car on the hard shoulder. :laughing:

The only thing that I think was out of control (ie putting the public at risk) was the ‘Ronnie mind the car!!!’ ‘Sorry man’ moment, and the speed he was doing down the hardshoulder before hand.
As far as I could see the pursuit in the wrong direction on the motorway was brought to a stop very quickly and following traffic was stopped.
Still scary to think what could of happened.

What a bunch of amateurs. :unamused:

Like someone else said, I think they were all ODing on adrenalin. That plod car didn’t just tap into the front of the other on the hard shoulder either, it was 15-20mph ish by the look of it. A properly trained plod wouldn’t have done that.

Good to see that they got him but his punishment was a joke for the crime.

Tactically, it was a ■■■■-up. The ‘PIT’ manoeuvre is not officially recognised in this Country. With a car in front, and two behind, they should have waited for the fourth car to catch up and form a ‘box’. You can only ‘box’ with three vehicles if it is alongside a barrier, unless of course, a passing artic decides to ‘help out’. :smiley: Preferably not a ‘skellie’ but one with under-run bars. Although, on second thoughts. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

The video car that ‘PITted’ the target when the sideswipe failed, should have turned into it, rather than going past the vehicle. By this time the two motor cyclists would have been holding the following traffic back.

If I’d have been there, I’d have been out there with them, and when he was unceremoniously bundled over the fence, then my boot would have been there to break his fall. :smiley: ‘Chummy’ was probably high on drugs and wouldn’t have remembered a thing about it.

As for Ronnie? Probably a combination of ‘red mist’ and excessive gravel on the shoulder. That collision shouldn’t have happened.

Krankee:
That collision shouldn’t have happened.

No [zb], Sherlock!

It was well justified in my opinion, the opnly thing they did wrong was let a camera film him being caught they should have switched it off and gave the ■■■■ a severe flogging.

Definately justified imho. Ok the bit of heading towards the Hanburys artic was a bit iffy but no harm done. At least they got the bloke, pity they can’t be as ‘gung-ho’ with all the immigrants :imp:

Rob K:
Good to see that they got him but his punishment was a joke for the crime.

Too true, an absolute joke of a punishment after all that :unamused:

Isn’t it funny when the TV cameras are on the scene the Police spring into action.

They start going above and beyond the call of duty. It’s, IMO, all propaganda to make the braindead telly watching public think we have an effective Police service.

Cowboys!

There are better ways.

as regards the chase on the motorway,
sorry yes we sit here after it has finished
and try to say in some cases it was wrong,
when action is required and straight away
not after a 20min thinktank session,i belive
apart from the the coper hitting his mates
car,they where right ,this maniac could have
caused down the road a massive and serious
accident,or if he got away even worse, yes
they could done certain acts differently and
hopefully,they will have done a investigation
and tookstock of the mistakes and learnt
from them,
as for the first i gave up reading it after
reading about thepocketfull of fines to give
out, sorry i am perhaps a geratric but bring
back the local bobby, ,

this clip was on road wars on sky one (friday night 9 o’clock) 2 weeks ago . must admit to ■■■■■■■ myself laughing when he ran into that other car on the hard shoulder.

and you right they should of turned the camera off and gave him a good thrashing :open_mouth:

jon