Berkshire Companies

Weekend in Suben Austria
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Glad to see you’re not having a messy divorce Snapper but how did you find going back to having the handlebars on the wrong side? Just wondering as I’m not expecting to be told to sling my hook after brexit !

Hi all
Love seeing all these old trucks as a kid growing up in Spencers Wood a few were quite a common site through the village. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures from the Woodley carnival procession from the early to mid 90’s? but more importantly I’m looking for QTR transports ERF it was my old mans lorry while he worked there when they were based on Headley road east!! I remember him using it in the procession when he was there. This could be a long shot but where better to start my search than here!!! many thanks Alan

short walk:
Glad to see you’re not having a messy divorce Snapper but how did you find going back to having the handlebars on the wrong side? Just wondering as I’m not expecting to be told to sling my hook after brexit !

Hi short walk no messy divorces here lol it was strange for a bit sitting on right but we’re getting there !!
Not tried getting in passenger side for a couple of weeks now lol

Got er lit (some will get it) for Poland,Slovakia & Hungary early bird catches the worm or at least an early boat lol

Gotta take the rough with the smooth lol

Just the two of us
image.jpeg

France & Spain

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Portugal
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wknd nr Madrid walked to town on sat found a little old tapas bar spot on & Sunday lazy day & spot of cooking alfresco lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

g

digger:

Hello Digger,
John moor, if that is the correct spelling was the original owner, yes he had Scanias. 110 and 140’s, moved his yard to the other side of the motorway at Theale and when he whent back to ireland his accountant took it over, name of Ralph, ran out of the old hangers south of theale Harvey

Came across these pics last week some might like or remember??

Being old I remember Sayers back in the early sixties when they ran ancient Albion four wheelers with bulk grain bodies. I also repaired a Leyland Terrier of Hollis Transports that kept leaking water into the sump, a porous block was found to be the cause!

Pete.

HRS:

digger:

Hello Digger,
John moor, if that is the correct spelling was the original owner, yes he had Scanias. 110 and 140’s, moved his yard to the other side of the motorway at Theale and when he whent back to ireland his accountant took it over, name of Ralph, ran out of the old hangers south of theale Harvey[/quote

Hi Harvey,

I bought an ex Sayers Scania 110 from Ian Andrews at Unit Commercials BJB 990 J a demi-couchette cab,and dropped into M&T’s yard,Johnny Moore came out wearing a nice suit,he then gives it the once over going underneath one end and coming out the other and giving it the all ok,dust himself down and back into the office,a great character, a dying breed !

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

HRS:

digger:

Hello Digger,
John moor, if that is the correct spelling was the original owner, yes he had Scanias. 110 and 140’s, moved his yard to the other side of the motorway at Theale and when he whent back to ireland his accountant took it over, name of Ralph, ran out of the old hangers south of theale Harvey
[/quote

Hi Harvey,

I bought an ex Sayers Scania 110 from Ian Andrews at Unit Commercials BJB 990 J a demi-couchette cab,and dropped into M&T’s yard,Johnny Moore came out wearing a nice suit,he then gives it the once over going underneath one end and coming out the other and giving it the all ok,dust himself down and back into the office,a great character, a dying breed !

Regards
Richard

Hello Richard, great storey and sums the man up well.
Also; I thought I could swear till I met John, he would tear a bloke to bits for doing something wrong then give him £5 for his lunch.
As you say, a dying breed.
Harvey

In this months Heritage Commercial magazine an ex JWQ Transport Crusader has been restored back into their livery.

Pete.

howlingmad:
34any one remember these as I found this in a barn

I work with Ian Clements at Waitrose, Bracknell-he’s a shunter there.

HI ALL SEE THIS THE OTHER DAY LOOKING SAD
SORRY THEYRE SIDE WAYS

Not my pic but a grand looking combination used by one of Reading’s famous ‘three B’s’ industries, none of which exist today alas. :unamused:

Pete.