Berkshire Companies

Headley Road East Digger, (not Headless!) by the aerodrome at Woodley.:laughing: Remember Lebus very well, they used integral bodied pantechnicans in the fifties and I think that those Bedfords were on BRS Contract hire? I also think that Huntley, Boorne and Stevens transport was later covered by ADL (Associated Deliveries Limited) who did the Huntley and Palmer’s work, we repaired the BMC FGK’s that they used.

Pete.

digger:
Anyone remember these?

Guy I used to work with back in the early days of my ‘driving career’ at UYC (mentioned/pictured earlier in this thread) went to work for them after our depot closed early 90’s. Had a tidy 142, fitted it up with obligatory bull bars (think the twin stacks were on it but not certain) and pulled a lot of coils from Steelstock at Colnbrook, which I think we’re used by Bisley (filing cabinets etc). Based at Sunnyside, back of Theale, over the bridge by the old pits before moving and becoming Reading Freight, who have since gone. Bryan Wallace was his name, (more hair on his chin than on his head!) not seen him for years, went on to work for Marleys at Beenham

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

digger:

digger I can vagley remember these where did they run out off

They were based near the swing bridge, Theale. Also did work out of Sterling Cables, Aldermaston where the photo was taken

hi does anyone have any photos of a company b&e boilers that used to be in easthampstead road Bracknell opposite corrugated products
thanks

How about this then
image.jpeg
Regards Andrew

Don’t want to be putting it on its side " snapper " you’ll get the sack JD.

Andrew Morrison:
How about this then 0
Regards Andrew

im going to tell mr vaisey

Drove this for a week,just tipped Gateshead :smiley:

Waiting to ship out,Dover
image.jpeg

Called into my ex’s the other day lol
image.jpeg

And my ex turned up later that night lol

Routier nr Amiens,France
image.jpeg