Been told to park on a car park overnight

If it was me,I would be telling them a straight NO, there are no facilities for me to use, I am parking on the truckstop you can like it or LUMP it.

You need to find a better firm with a 2 way respect street. It’s transport. ■■■■ happens sometimes and it’s their job to deal with it, it’s your job to park responsibilly and where you feel safe and have access to facilities. You get a gut feeling when things are right or wrong in this game. Follow your gut and have a less stressful life

Mate, it would appear you’ve been tramping a similar amount of time to me and have had a rough time of it, it would seem that your company treat you like a child. You are a driver, there will always be other companies to work for, some good, some not so. I’d advise you to have a chat with some drivers from local firms and get a feel for the ones worth working for.
I have never been told where to park, I’ve had planners, normally ex drivers, offer advice on good locations and it’s been my choice whether to follow their advice or not.
Learn how to make the job work for you, we all have our own way of chilling. And don’t let the job get you down, as the more experienced lads on here have said the job is what you make it.

Rowley010:
We do go to truck stops. Only snap ones though. Not allowed MSA or non snap truck stops, and if it’s between a truck stop or a free place near by they will always try and get you to go to it.

Ay!!! Come again?!! “Not Allowed” … :open_mouth: I`m afraid I would be parking somewhere with facilities or else kicking up one heck of a stink with the TM on basic human rights grounds. I think you should name and shame as well :imp:

Trouble:

Rowley010:
We do go to truck stops. Only snap ones though. Not allowed MSA or non snap truck stops, and if it’s between a truck stop or a free place near by they will always try and get you to go to it.

Ay!!! Come again?!! “Not Allowed” … :open_mouth: I`m afraid I would be parking somewhere with facilities or else kicking up one heck of a stink with the TM on basic human rights grounds. I think you should name and shame as well :imp:

the thing is that i assume they won’t pay, so its not a case of not allowed rather that the drive will end up paying from his own pocket to park at the truck stop.

Juddian:
Bingo, a proper night out.

Cant say its my cup of tea but each to his own and all that …

chaversdad:

Juddian:
Bingo, a proper night out.

Cant say its my cup of tea but each to his own and all that …

I go when at home and it’s surprising how many young people go, last time me an the missus went we had six shouts between the pair of us and could feel the daggers going in … :laughing:

When I worked at Halfords (agency long term) they wanted us to park behind the shops whenever we could. The loads were pretty tempting to the criminal fraternity and they didn’t really see MSAs as ‘safe’.

The shops had plenty of CCTV and we usually reversed against a wall. No showers, but you could get a wash and brush up in the shop and there were always pubs and restaurants nearby, so a hell of a sight better than a filthy layby being rocked to sleep by passing trucks.

We always went back to base after one night away, so if I was going out again, I would nip home for a shower and a change of undies while they reloaded me.

They still ‘lost’ the odd load though. Like the guy with a wag and drag, parked up in Wandsworth - he woke up in the morning to find that they had nicked the trailer while he snored.

Santa:
When I worked at Halfords (agency long term) they wanted us to park behind the shops whenever we could. The loads were pretty tempting to the criminal fraternity and they didn’t really see MSAs as ‘safe’.

The shops had plenty of CCTV and we usually reversed against a wall. No showers, but you could get a wash and brush up in the shop and there were always pubs and restaurants nearby, so a hell of a sight better than a filthy layby being rocked to sleep by passing trucks.

We always went back to base after one night away, so if I was going out again, I would nip home for a shower and a change of undies while they reloaded me.

They still ‘lost’ the odd load though. Like the guy with a wag and drag, parked up in Wandsworth - he woke up in the morning to find that they had nicked the trailer while he snored.

Was that out of Redditch Santa, blue Volvo FL7 waggon and drag on the bike deliveries?

I know a lad who parks where told all the time,if he stops for a shower they get on at him so he goes days without one.
He annoys me as he says “well it’s part of the job” and also says I’m an “awkward” driver for stopping at a truck stop when I have half an hour drive left :open_mouth: .
While there are puppy dogs like him rolling over for a tummy tickle it will never stop

I would just grow a pair and tell them you are stopping for a shower if you can get a shower while its on a bay or you take your 45 break its not rocket science. Sounds like either the planner needs an attitude adjustment ie pinned to the wall and told usually they haven’t a clue and think you have a shower in the cab.

Or learn to cook carry a couple of cans of water and you’ll be able to cook and keep your self clean usually I carry 2 washing up bowls on for plates and washing them and one for washing me also camping showers are great for cooling off in summer.

If the trucks empty, it’s entirely at the drivers discretion with us, I figure I employ staf that are intelligent enough to think for themselves.

If it’s loaded, then there’s pre-planned parking and mostly they can’t stay with the truck so it’s a hotel.

Got to +1 all the "get out the truck " comments.
Sure most nights it’s just me looking after myself relaxing to the sound of birds tribbing.

But the other night 3 of us landed at the same depot all having 11+ hours off.
Cue a swift taxi down to the seafront and a great night in a local hostelry enjoying, the footy, a few pints, game of pool, some great banter and general ■■■■ taking rounded off by some mutual ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

It’s what truckings all about.

Life’s for living not doing as your told all the time.

Dipper_Dave:
Got to +1 all the "get out the truck " comments.
Sure most nights it’s just me looking after myself relaxing to the sound of birds tribbing.

But the other night 3 of us landed at the same depot all having 11+ hours off.
Cue a swift taxi down to the seafront and a great night in a local hostelry enjoying, the footy, a few pints, game of pool, some great banter and general ■■■■ taking rounded off by some mutual ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

It’s what truckings all about.

Life’s for living not doing as your told all the time.

Bird tribbing, :smiley: one of my favourite things to watch,all you who don’t know just google it :smiley:

Is that what they call it, learn summit new every day :blush:

No you daft lot of sods, i wasn’t meaning Bingo as in the bloody game, Jesus wept :unamused: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bloody crackers the lot yer.

Juddian:
Bloody crackers the lot yer.

Well it does help if you are a trucker, but what’s my excuse ■■ :cry:

Juddian-about the most sane poster on here and i feel your pain.

Dog tired:
Juddian-about the most sane poster on here and i feel your pain.

Juddian may well be one of the most sane on here. . . . But. . .
Look at the competition.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Well, thankyou Dog Tired for those kind words, and whilst you’re there could you do me a favour and pull that bloody knife out me back that Franglais has just stuck in, thanks mate :laughing:

‘‘But…look at the competition’’ :open_mouth:

That’s it i’m going to flounce off in a big huff now, so there :smiling_imp:

even if he does have a point :sunglasses: