Services free parking for 2 hours

Was heading for London last week, pulled into Warwick services as I was well ahead of schedule so had breakfast and a wonder arounD, gets backto cab 20 minsleft on a 45 so put feet up and nods off wakes up an hour and a half or so later on, still plenty of time to get to collection point (as they won’t so you early) so cracks on and later on does a print out and was on services for 2 hours 12 mins will they peruse a penalty for me being over 2 hours ?.

Yep.

It’s done on ANPR cameras as you enter and exit the services.

How much is it usually ? Goin straight into bin haha

Depends which parking company own it and how strict they are to enforce it. I went over by 30ish minutes and got charged 60 quid for not paying on the day at Services in midlands (can’t remember which one)

Should fine the caravan and trailer towing public for using the HGV park to keep things fair IMO. Bin it!

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!

fredthered:
Should fine the caravan and trailer towing public for using the HGV park to keep things fair IMO. Bin it!

Same goes for truckers who park in the caravan bays then IMHO…

Grumpygraeme:

fredthered:

Same goes for truckers who park in the caravan bays then IMHO…

Where in the caravan guide does it say you MUST take 45 min break or 9/11 hour rest?

No didn’t think so !!

If you did get something in the post,it would be an un-enforceable invoice.

They are not “fines”, make sure your transport office etc are aware NOT to just pay out when/if they arrive.

Pepipoo.com is the place for advice/guidance on the parking scams.

Next time park in a layby, it’s free & you can stop for as long as you like…!

Pimpdaddy:

They don’t have those clean sweet smelling toilets at the layby !!

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Pimpdaddy:

And some nice guy will come along and make sure your not overweight by draining your Diesel tanks :laughing: :laughing:

Pimpdaddy:

And if it’s Lincolnshire, the county that hates lorries, you’ll have an invoice affixed to your windscreen for not leaving your lights on

Lol, I once had a full tank drained in the services, funny ol’ world innit… :smiley: