Banning tyres?.

I was talking to mate who heard in a RDC that his mate in another RDC heard a bloke talking to his mate on the phone who was in VOSA checkpoint that they are going to ban tyres from trucks as they keep shedding and leaving debris on the road.
Apparently a cyclist on the M6 hit a peice of a tyre and got run over by a left ■■■■■■ and now they are cracking down on it…
I looked on Facebook but couldn’t see anything about it…
Anyone heard the Same?

It’s why you see all those EE drivers on the hard shoulders of every motorway for miles on end, prohibited for using tyres…true I tell you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whats the penalty if the cyclist loses a tyre on the motorway, then spends the night on the hard shoulder.

No sleeper cab!
Does he/she have to wait for a suitable Highways England vehicle with cycle rack fitted?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well it’ll be good news for the rail freight industry.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

Trains have tyres too you know.

Just stop cyclists riding on the motorways, they are a bloody nusance any way,there is a driver shortage now, what will it be like if this idear gets the ok

Sand Fisher:

IronEddie:

Trains have tyres too you know.

Not rubber ones! From memory they do wrap the wheel in another ring of metal which could be called a tyre I suppose.

ban tyres from trucks?? What’s the alternative, run around on rims? Or maybe old fashioned cart wheels with steel bands…

He probably means they will issue a prohibition on a truck that has a faulty tyre, maybe with the tread separating from the casing, which is the right thing to do if it’s considered to be unsafe.

IronEddie:
Not rubber ones! From memory they do wrap the wheel in another ring of metal which could be called a tyre I suppose.

This train says you are wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

More third party RDC b/s always a friend of a friend of a friend.
Must be sitting out the last 10 minutes of his 45 and getting bored

As in Harry Monk’s photo,some Paris Metro trains run with tyres.

Harry Monk:

IronEddie:

This train says you are wrong. [emoji14]

Well bugger me. Is that photoshop or a real thing.

IronEddie:

Harry Monk:

IronEddie:

It’s real, it’s the Paris Metro.

Gidders:
As in Harry Monk’s photo,some Paris Metro trains run with tyres.

But being run by the City of Paris rather than nasty capitalists the tyres are checked so as not to injure the cyclists sharing their lanes.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

IronEddie:

Harry Monk:

IronEddie:

It’s real, it’s the Paris Metro.

Ah well it’s French. That explains it all.

Whoooooosh.

malcolmgbell:
Just stop cyclists riding on the motorways, they are a bloody nusance any way,there is a driver shortage now, what will it be like if this idear gets the ok

Couldn’t the cyclists move the freight? For small stuff there could be a little trailer for one bike, for bigger stuff bigger trailers with more bikes pulling them, a bit like they used to do with horse teams? Staging posts every 20/30 miles for watering and team changeovers (MSA’s are handily positioned for this on most motorways). Takes care of unemployment, shortage of drivers, pollution, cyclist safety and will provide thousands with much needed exercise all in one fell swoop!

Vid:

malcolmgbell:

Couldn’t the cyclists move the freight? For small stuff there could be a little trailer for one bike, for bigger stuff bigger trailers with more bikes pulling them, a bit like they used to do with horse teams? Staging posts every 20/30 miles for watering and team changeovers (MSA’s are handily positioned for this on most motorways). Takes care of unemployment, shortage of drivers, pollution, cyclist safety and will provide thousands with much needed exercise all in one fell swoop!

Best yet [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Martin:
ban tyres from trucks?? What’s the alternative, run around on rims? Or maybe old fashioned cart wheels with steel bands…

He probably means they will issue a prohibition on a truck that has a faulty tyre, maybe with the tread separating from the casing, which is the right thing to do if it’s considered to be unsafe.

wwwooooossssssshhhhhhhhhh of the year here methinks…cop yourself on :laughing:

…ta