Have you seen this? Arseholes!

cyclestreets.net/location/27696/

Wouldn’t worry too much about what cyclists say. Chances are they will have got themselves killed the following week by their suicidal manoeuvres near a truck. :smiling_imp:

So where is he supposed to park? Got this same pish last week in aberdeen. I asked the guy who was ■■■■■■■■ to show me where to park and he couldn’t give me an answer, walked away in a huff saying he was gonna phone my company to complain :laughing:

its a bit ironic him (the cyclist ) saying its illegal to park on the pavement, seeing as its also illegal to ride a bike on one!

If you need to unload, not illegal if vehicle not left unattended

Why cant we all just try to get along together ,remembering “you bought it one of us brought it”

alamcculloch:
Why cant we all just try to get along together ,remembering “you bought it one of us brought it”

Because that would not make hard hitting headlines :frowning:

dar1976:

alamcculloch:

Headlines in the papers that are also delivered by trucks, :stuck_out_tongue:

Not related to cyclists but the daf front/close proximity mirror has to be the worst looking out of all truck manufacturers.

Lets assume there is absolutely no where else to park it, this is where the truck needs to be to deliver the load & there are no loading/unloading restrictions.

I would NEVER drive a truck onto paving slabs.

The road is clearly wide enough for the truck to park & not have to drive onto the pavement.

Perhaps DCPC is a good thing after all, seems a few drivers need to get a grip on risk assessing, I would much rather block a highway for a short period of time than risk damaging those slabs.

The psyclist can go & admire his lycra clad bottom in the nearest shop window, he is totally irrelevant.

Just to flip it on its head…
cyclestreets.net/location/24172/

After all isnt education the best way forward?

trucker getting praise here from a cyclist youtu.be/mUsURCpvjiw

C10HOO:

dar1976:

alamcculloch:

MIne is delivered by a kid on a bike. :laughing: :laughing: And while he is putting the paper through the letter box his bike is laid down blocking the pavement.

C10HOO:

dar1976:

alamcculloch:

Most up here go from Trains to 3.5T vans then to the kids of bikes, so kinda skip the truck stage :laughing:

Why did you bother putting this picture up? It’s 18 months old FFS. So he’s parked on the pavement, so what! No doubt if he could have got off the road he would have. I used to do this type of work for Sheffield insulations, and some of the drops are ridiculous. It looks fine to me.

Are you talking to me?

If you put the picture up yes, if not no. Is there something missing from the post that makes it obvious?

I put this “picture” up because I’d never seen the site before, with all the maps ete… Why did you bother to comment? FFS

Re: Have you seen this? [zb]!

Yes. It shows an HGV driver breaking the Rules 'n Reg’s of where not to park. Nothing unusual in that unless they get done for it…then the ■■■■ hit’s the fan.

C10HOO:
CycleStreets » Photo #27696 CCF Ltd (part of the Travis Perkins Group) lorry unloading/parked illegally …

We’ve seen it now. Whats your take on it? My take on it is that the driver in trying to be considerate to others wanting to pass is being photographed and pilloried for it. I’m not sure that actually going on a kerb is such a big no no as in certain parts of the country there are marked bays actually on pedestrian kerbs for vehicles to leave the road and get onto , they’ve been sanctioned by councils who are usually risk averse. Its hard to know who to please. Maybe all the truckers here might side with cyclists and pedestrians and are totally alienated to delivery problems /difficultys , who knows !!? Anyway, what do ya think about it?