Have you seen this? Arseholes!

Exactly, as above. I’m not sure about all the truckers siding with cyclists though. I just don’t see the point of the picture. You can see this sort of thing every day so it’s hardly earth shattering news.

Mike-C:

C10HOO:
CycleStreets » Photo #27696 CCF Ltd (part of the Travis Perkins Group) lorry unloading/parked illegally …

We’ve seen it now. Whats your take on it? My take on it is that the driver in trying to be considerate to others wanting to pass is being photographed and pilloried for it. I’m not sure that actually going on a kerb is such a big no no as in certain parts of the country there are marked bays actually on pedestrian kerbs for vehicles to leave the road and get onto , they’ve been sanctioned by councils who are usually risk averse. Its hard to know who to please. Maybe all the truckers here might side with cyclists and pedestrians and are totally alienated to delivery problems /difficultys , who knows !!? Anyway, what do ya think about it?

What are you all looking at■■? All I can see is a photo of a truck illegally parked on the footpath. :confused:

Solly:
What are you all looking at■■? All I can see is a photo of a truck illegally parked on the footpath. :confused:

I’m looking at the same picture as you. Yes, illegally parked. But to be honest if thats his delivery point, which we don’t know that it is,he may have just stopped temporarily to contact people on site, to see where he is to park for his delivery? In anycase, where he has stopped if he was to stay off the kerb then from what i can see nothing would pass him without mounting the kerb. Of course in the real world he’d park in a marked bay and walk half a mile leaving his lorry, and lets face it there’s loads of lorry bays in and around towns its not like parkings a problem for anyone, and then he’d find out where he needs to be. On reflection, given you pointing this out to me the drivers a complete muppet. Why he never parked up somewhere and contacted the site i’ll never know,.Good spotting!!!

merc0447:
So where is he supposed to park? Got this same pish last week in aberdeen. I asked the guy who was ■■■■■■■■ to show me where to park and he couldn’t give me an answer, walked away in a huff saying he was gonna phone my company to complain :laughing:

What is a ‘Huff’ ? is that some sort of coat ?

Personally I’d so the same. I’d rather go on the pavement than block the road. I just couldn’t believe there was a site the people post up pics of ‘illegally’ parked wagons etc with maps and everything. Unless the wagon nearly ran over the cyclist, it’s none of his business.