Ballinalard Transport

busy poor men running bent fighting for scraps apart from the certain others that subsidise the trips delivering kitty litter diesel,■■■■ and booze for the balaclava brigade.
it amazes me how a haulier can escape jail a couple of years ago by getting caught bang to rights and found guilty going down the pan after being caught with loads of laundered diesel and tied in with the ira money laundering side of things,escape prison,get a suspended sentence,and escapes a heavy fine by declaring he works as a part time farm worker,then recently pops back up flaunting brand new liveried tackle in the same name and colours,with even the private plate from a previous unit that was meant to be seized as art of the bankrupcy. work that one out.
im sure ms bell wouldnt be pleased. :unamused:

dieseldog999:
well at least up here in the north we have the cream of the crop employers to pick and choose from.
i got a phone call today to inform me that hannons have just put their per day rate up to £115 per full card shift for doing the flowers back from holland to ireland north and south.top figure including night out dosh…surely nobody can expect more than that?? :laughing:

How is it they are paying €155gross/day plus €47tax free nightout working outta Donabate in South??

That rate was confirmed to me by Hannon driver assessor and a TM from Aghalee in NI.
They now have Halfords contract for North/South hence the deckers on A55.

Drempels:
There does seem to be an awful lot of lorries in NI for the size of the place.

Standard practice seems to be:

Buy shiny Swedish lorry

Apply surname to front of roof

Sub for big outfit

Sell lorry to somebody else

Repeat process

Not saying it doesn’t happen in UK, but market there seems over-subscribed.

I should add; they’re always well presented in fairness, and you never see them with scrapes or bits hanging off them. I think it also has to be said that the drivers, love them or hate them, are genuinely interested in what they do and are (gasp) proud of it.

Look closer as those big V8s have been resprayed and are 12/15yrs old majority!!! :neutral_face:

Big Truck:

Drempels:
There does seem to be an awful lot of lorries in NI for the size of the place.

Standard practice seems to be:

Buy shiny Swedish lorry

Apply surname to front of roof

Sub for big outfit

Sell lorry to somebody else

Repeat process

Not saying it doesn’t happen in UK, but market there seems over-subscribed.

I should add; they’re always well presented in fairness, and you never see them with scrapes or bits hanging off them. I think it also has to be said that the drivers, love them or hate them, are genuinely interested in what they do and are (gasp) proud of it.

Look closer as those big V8s have been resprayed and are 12/15yrs old majority!!! :neutral_face:

Still in (relatively) good nick though. All that paint keeps the rust away :laughing:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:
well at least up here in the north we have the cream of the crop employers to pick and choose from.
i got a phone call today to inform me that hannons have just put their per day rate up to £115 per full card shift for doing the flowers back from holland to ireland north and south.top figure including night out dosh…surely nobody can expect more than that?? :laughing:

How is it they are paying €155gross/day plus €47tax free nightout working outta Donabate in South??

That rate was confirmed to me by Hannon driver assessor and a TM from Aghalee in NI.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just from my late being offered a job there midweek before he laughed it off plus he dont want to do the flowers from holland.
hes away on a cruise strting tomorrow morn for a week in the med so il re interrogate him once he comes back…
8 years ago i had some work with them at £100 per day and £90 for the taliban where a day was a day or day and a half if you missed the kilingholm boat.you were just expected to run down and cross calais,then up through the night so you wouldnt be late…usual practice.

dieseldog999:
busy poor men running bent fighting for scraps apart from the certain others that subsidise the trips delivering kitty litter diesel,■■■■ and booze for the balaclava brigade.
it amazes me how a haulier can escape jail a couple of years ago by getting caught bang to rights and found guilty going down the pan after being caught with loads of laundered diesel and tied in with the ira money laundering side of things,escape prison,get a suspended sentence,and escapes a heavy fine by declaring he works as a part time farm worker,then recently pops back up flaunting brand new liveried tackle in the same name and colours,with even the private plate from a previous unit that was meant to be seized as art of the bankrupcy. work that one out.
im sure ms bell wouldnt be pleased. :unamused:

aye +20 for this an the poor driver gets 2yrs in the pokey on the south coast o England for keeping his mouth shut(no option really) an the wife getting an envelope though the letterbox every week.(not the guy your talking about but i knew the driver im talking about very well.

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just from my late being offered a job there midweek before he laughed it off plus he dont want to do the flowers from holland.
hes away on a cruise strting tomorrow morn for a week in the med so il re interrogate him once he comes back…
8 years ago i had some work with them at £100 per day and £90 for the taliban where a day was a day or day and a half if you missed the kilingholm boat.you were just expected to run down and cross calais,then up through the night so you wouldnt be late…usual practice.

Didn’t fancy it either working outta Donabate and Accountant put me off as she said living in NI you’d be classed as “International worker” and taxed far higher on PAYE.
Rates be decent enough for driver living in South though would have thought!!

more than good enough for a paddy wage,and surprisingly generous coming from hannons but this was from aghalee running to holland and back…mabey he got mixed up but that was what he got offered as a take home with no nights out.
its went up £15 in 10 years to £115.
il interrogatehim again once he comes back from his wee cruise in the med… :slight_smile: