Bad firms to tip at!

rob22888:

Jimmy McNulty:
Stobarts at Sherburn seem to be an excellent example of pure incompetence, nobody has a [zb] clue

Yet to be successfully loaded there.

Three visits, three times told to “wait in your cab until we come and get you” and three times instructed to pull out after 2+hrs of nothing happening.

Loaded in 30 minutes the other day however took a further 4 hours to find missing paperwork.

Took four hours to unload a couple of months back, they couldn’t work out how to scan in so I was pulled out before reload.

Whatever line of transport, or transport related work youre doing, youll come into contact with the jobsworth. I dont blame you for putting that particular turd in his place, so good on you!

Persimmon sites are generally my worst out of the big firm sites I do. The materials compounds are usually a total disgrace. Very shoddy company that put profits before absolutely anything else including the quality of their product.

Tosco (Teesport):

Got sent there last Wednesday for a 14.00 delivery. It took them FIVE hours to handball 10,000 (non-palletised) boxes of Lena truck toys. You have to sit in the waiting room (i.e not allowed in the cab) whilst they tip you. Felt suicidal during that ordeal! :imp: :imp:

Also, they will NOT accept double stacked pallets, and seem to reject pallets/entire loads at will. I’m taking six pallets of Tosco rejects (napkins) to LV Shipping in Boro tomorrow for them to be restacked prior to delivery attempt #2. :unamused:

Oh! Whilst on the subject…

Garbo2018:
Tosco (Teesport):

Got sent there last Wednesday for a 14.00 delivery. It took them FIVE hours to handball 10,000 (non-palletised) boxes of Lena truck toys. You have to sit in the waiting room (i.e not allowed in the cab) whilst they tip you. Felt suicidal during that ordeal! :imp: :imp:

Also, they will NOT accept double stacked pallets, and seem to reject pallets/entire loads at will. I’m taking six pallets of Tosco rejects (napkins) to LV Shipping in Boro tomorrow for them to be restacked prior to delivery attempt #2. :unamused:

Fight breaks out at Tesco warehouse between staff and agency workers - with two men arrested - Teesside Live

I regularly go there with 52 pallets, double stacked. Maybe it’s certain products? Or special arrangements with some suppliers.

Co-OP alfreton. Crappy plastic seats, jobsworth staff, can’t leave the cell for a smoke, fresh air, make a call etc.

Take ■■■■■■■ forever to take 20 pallets off through the back doors and always always seem to return at least one pallet for the most ridiculous reason.

No wonder the co-OP is so expensive.

Jimmy McNulty:
Co-OP alfreton. Crappy plastic seats, jobsworth staff, can’t leave the cell for a smoke, fresh air, make a call etc.

Take [zb] forever to take 20 pallets off through the back doors and always always seem to return at least one pallet for the most ridiculous reason.

I wonder were the staff go for a smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rowley010:

Garbo2018:
Tosco (Teesport):

Fight breaks out at Tesco warehouse between staff and agency workers - with two men arrested - Teesside Live

I regularly go there with 52 pallets, double stacked. Maybe it’s certain products? Or special arrangements with some suppliers.

They accept them, but the two pallets have to be shrink wrapped together as one.

mark1284:

Jimmy McNulty:

Take [zb] forever to take 20 pallets off through the back doors and always always seem to return at least one pallet for the most ridiculous reason.

I wonder were the staff go for a smoke

To the smoking area in the car park … but the drivers, on my last couple of visits at least, cannot leave the waiting room whilst there vehicle is on a bay.

rob22888:

Rowley010:

Garbo2018:
Tosco (Teesport):

They accept them, but the two pallets have to be shrink wrapped together as one.

Worst thing about that place is there is no wifi or phone reception in that particular prison cell of a waiting area

Just a thought but if everyone refused to sit in a tin shed while getting tipped and tell them straight that we are sitting in the cab they would soon back down… they can’t ban everyone

well mark1284, nothing has changed back in the early seventies, we were not allowed into the canteen or toilets at Christopher hill in poole, whilst waiting to take loads off their pallet and stack on your own pallets which were invariably lost at the farm you delivered to as most used them for fencing, until they were unable to make deliveries due to industrial action by some of their drivers and most of their usual hauliers drivers, owner drivers were asked to fill in, the canteen and toilets were open to all then and remained that way until they shut the place,

Gist Lenzie Mill or Ward Park.

Lenzie Mill is shocking, up and down from the rest room to see if the wagon’s been tipped. Can’t sit in cab, canteen shut at weekends and the most miserable bunch of workers one could imagine.

A dump.

Sainsburys stoke.

They take so long,my firm doesn’t plan anything else…for that day.

It’s an hour from my yard :unamused: :imp:

Sand Fisher:
Gist Lenzie Mill or Ward Park.

Lenzie Mill is shocking, up and down from the rest room to see if the wagon’s been tipped. Can’t sit in cab, canteen shut at weekends and the most miserable bunch of workers one could imagine.

A dump.

And it costs 50p for a cup of coffee from the vending machine. I wouldn’t mind too much if it was decent coffee, but it’s just your normal vending machine coffee that looks and tastes like dishwater. Not even worth 10p let alone 50p.
I was in there last week collecting a load of empt trays and dollies. I had just tipped at farmfoods along the road so had already stuffed my face in their canteen. Got sorted with a bay at gist so went up to wait in the canteen and I was gutted to discover that they had pakora and bhajis etc on the menu. I resisted the urge to be a right greedy bugger and didn’t buy anything, but the smell of the food did tempt me a bit.
Only ever done the empty tray collection in there and the guy at that deals with that department is decent enough, so can’t comment on what the unloaders are like.

Wheel Nut:
If it’s my first visit to somewhere and they treat me badly. I investigate why.

I would love to meet the other gentleman as there are normally two stories.

I think it is fairly safe to assume that OP didn’t turn up, punch jobsworth’s lights out, and ■■■■ on his packed lunch somehow… :stuck_out_tongue:

mark1284:
Just a thought but if everyone refused to sit in a tin shed while getting tipped and tell them straight that we are sitting in the cab they would soon back down… they can’t ban everyone

This might be a question for another topic, but does anyone think there is a difference between how one gets treated when visiting a yard to get tipped for the first time as (a) Full Timer in uniform (b) Agency in 5th-wheel greased High Viz (c) Flip Flop wearing Super Mario lookalike

…in terms of “getting treated on a first-impression basis…” like.? :confused: