Bad firms to tip at!

Brakes Grantham,
Arrived midday yesterday full load and spread til 1430 and they couldn’t get me tipped in time.
Back in 0445 after sitting for near 15hrs in the services next door to be told by the DRAGON behind the window:

“You’ll have a long wait as we don’t start to 6”

NEVER be back here again!!![emoji34]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

DaveyCrocket:

Conor:

malcolmgbell:
me how can I read it if I can’t read

If you can’t read you shouldn’t be driving a truck for your own safety.

What complete ballhocks. Most foreigners can’t read English and do fine. So do most [zb]. When they crash, it’s usually because they’re crap drivers, not because they’re illiterate.

Edit: looks like we can’t say [zb] so let’s say thieving travelling folk :laughing:

Wow TWO wooooshes in one thread. :open_mouth:
…if he can’t read HOW TF can he write ■■
he wouldn’t be able to read it back.
Also…he reads the forum.
:unamused:
Have a think about it and come back. :smiley:

robroy:

DaveyCrocket:

Conor:

malcolmgbell:
me how can I read it if I can’t read

If you can’t read you shouldn’t be driving a truck for your own safety.

What complete ballhocks. Most foreigners can’t read English and do fine. So do most [zb]. When they crash, it’s usually because they’re crap drivers, not because they’re illiterate.

Edit: looks like we can’t say [zb] so let’s say thieving travelling folk :laughing:

Wow TWO wooooshes in one thread. :open_mouth:
…if he can’t read HOW TF can he write ■■
he wouldn’t be able to read it back.
Also…he reads the forum.
:unamused:
Have a think about it and come back. :smiley:

I know plenty Brits who can t properly write.

Big Truck:
Brakes Grantham,
Arrived midday yesterday full load and spread til 1430 and they couldn’t get me tipped in time.
Back in 0445 after sitting for near 15hrs in the services next door to be told by the DRAGON behind the window:

I’ll do it every day if you don’t want it , I’d dump the truck at gonerby services , ring the Mrs and go home every night :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

dozy:

Big Truck:
Brakes Grantham,

I’ll do it every day if you don’t want it , I’d dump the truck at gonerby services , ring the Mrs and go home every night :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

You wanna sit about for 20.5hrs to get tipped like I did Dozy■■?
Fill your boots lad!!![emoji848][emoji108][emoji106]

I noticed that for the last 18 months/2 years before I quit driving, that the attitude towards drivers was in some places distinctly contemptuous and verging on rude, is that just me?, you were dismissed with a sneer and treated like you were thick.

For me it has to be the Iceland RDC in Swindon.
A crap driver’s room no bigger than your cab and if you’re over half an hour each side of your delivery window then watch out!
Horrible crap depot.

Iceland RDC in Swindon.
Known throught the whole of the UK. :smiley:

Blunder Man:
I noticed that for the last 18 months/2 years before I quit driving, that the attitude towards drivers was in some places distinctly contemptuous and verging on rude, is that just me?, you were dismissed with a sneer and treated like you were thick.

Same here before I left the driving. Standard at some rdcs. Not all though. Always found Asda alright. Back “durin the war Rodney” (well not really only early 2000s :laughing: ) I did a lot of general haulage and found places away from rdcs more often could be straight up with drivers. Seed merchants, Importers. I used to go to military bases a fair bit. Always friendly, if a little scary when you got lost on their base :laughing:

Big Truck:
Brakes Grantham,

Utter dump of a place, bossman now refuses loads that will be going there. I had 6 pallets, 1000 booking, arrived 0945. Half 10 comes so I go to see what’s going on, they were apparently going for lunch and I would be tipped after 1300! Phoned the boss and he made a call to them, called back and said they would tip me before 1200, if they say any different pull out. Back to the goods in bint, who said “yes we’ve had a call you’ll be tipped at 1”, not happening give me my paperwork.

There was much confusion as it seemed they didn’t get many people not playing their little games. After 10 minutes of them refusing to give me my lines and the aparrent site manager coming down (complete with suit, hi vis and hard hat to stand in an office :laughing:) I got my lines back and left, tipped the pallets elsewhere which took less than 5 minutes and on my way.

Apparently we had a motor in there all day prior to me going in, boss wasn’t for a repeat of that.

If only every firm did that.

It would only take a short period of time until every delivery point realised the score.

Never gonna happen though - it would be like herding cats trying to get everyone to stick together.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Big Truck:
Brakes Grantham,

Utter dump of a place, bossman now refuses loads that will be going there. I had 6 pallets, 1000 booking, arrived 0945. Half 10 comes so I go to see what’s going on, they were apparently going for lunch and I would be tipped after 1300! Phoned the boss and he made a call to them, called back and said they would tip me before 1200, if they say any different pull out. Back to the goods in bint, who said “yes we’ve had a call you’ll be tipped at 1”, not happening give me my paperwork.

There was much confusion as it seemed they didn’t get many people not playing their little games. After 10 minutes of them refusing to give me my lines and the aparrent site manager coming down (complete with suit, hi vis and hard hat to stand in an office :laughing:) I got my lines back and left, tipped the pallets elsewhere which took less than 5 minutes and on my way.

Apparently we had a motor in there all day prior to me going in, boss wasn’t for a repeat of that.

Their exact problem is the floors behind the bays are choca with clowns arsing about splitting pallets.
They then fill the void up down along the shelving and then high-reach forkie can’t get the deliveries up stacked out of the bloody road!!!

The Hauliers are then just used as cheap frigo storage for the day!!!

The other side to this problem is those drivers who say “I’m paid by the hour”
If they were more productive (actually working) then the company would earn more.

If hauliers are quoting for work on the basis that all they have to pay for is a driver sat on a bay, then they can’t complain if that actually happens.

Don’t forget when you are at one of these places you are their staff, so you are intitled to good accomodation, and the use of their facilities. HSE workplace regulations do apply

I had the misfortune to deliver some piping to one of the workshops at Scunthorpe steelworks. When I eventually found the right place, the guy comes out with his forklift and ask me where my card is. I have no idea what he’s on about, turns out you have to have an hours induction before you can tip on site. I asked if that was necessary, he’s doing the lifting not me, but he refused. I suggested I could just handball them off and leave them on the doorstep, but he refused to sign for them if I did. I had no choice but to try and find the office and do the induction.

Two hours later (after getting lost finding place, doing induction and getting lost going back) I parked up outside the workshop. Guy comes out, points to the floor near the entrance and says “Just put them there” before walking off.

Tegometall Grantham: Yard not really designed for 45’ boat trailers (even though the place looks like it was only built within the last 10 years), so it takes at least umpteen shunts to line up with the bay, whilst the total jobsworth of a loader just stands there with his hands folded making snide comments about my reversing (“That’s no good drive,” etc). :imp: :imp:

Also got a bollocking from him for pressing the buzzer at the gate, when I should be actually reversing into the yard from the road, claiming that the gates open automatically, so my crystal ball wasn’t working on those two visits.

If I get sent there again, I’ll implore them to ban me.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

malcolmgbell:
Well known rdc HODDESDON, walked up ramp to office ,asked fella what to do with keys,his reply did security give you a bit of paper ,me yes they did,him it tells you on there, didnt you read it,me no, well then ,me how can I read it if I can’t read, not a word said funny look followed by put your keys on the hock by the ramp

To which my reply would of been;
‘I don’t believe you, how can you drive a lorry if you cannot read?’

Captain Caveman 76:
I had no choice but to try and find the office and do the induction.

Surprised they let you into the site unless your numberplate was on the ANPR system. They should have told you at the security place.

As for getting lost, thats standard even for people who’ve worked there a while. Fun place.

The kind of firms that will ask you to hand in your keys even though you’re the one tipping your own stuff?! Then the guy with your keys wanders off to somewhere and you have to wait for 10 mins after you’re done loading/unloading to get your keys back?! :imp: aka: dhl

Anywhere that has ‘‘RDC’’ after it’s name. :smiling_imp:

I’ve started doing them on a Saturday now :unamused:

I was at Tesco Livingston, the waiting room had the same seats as they did 10 yrs ago when I first went there, uncomfortable and patched up with gaffer tape to within an inch of their life…my arse was numb after my obligatory 1 and a half hour’s wait, and my personal space constantly crossed as we all sat cramped up together. :smiling_imp:

It was a ■■■■ hot afternoon, the room was chokker, and the stink of rank truckers who rarely wash was ■■■■ awful…at least I had the decency to spray some deodarant under me pits before I went in, as like I say it was ■■■■ hot.
What’s wrong with some of you lot ffs and your personal showering habits…or lack of them.

Then the usual ''know it all gob ■■■■■ ‘’ walked in :open_mouth: …, who is louder than everybody else, while I just sank down in my seat, head buried in my phone trying to avoid eye contact with him.

Don’t get me started about handing keys in, instead of lying on my bunk.

How some of you lads do that ■■■■ everyday as a normal routine I will never know. :open_mouth: