Axminster transport

Looks new

Looks good Dean , I just didn’t like them at all, spoilt with three F88 and the 2800 DAF both good motors in there day.
I must say the Boss loved those Leyland’s, to be fair they came at the end of my time with Peter as I left in 1986. Had a few job’s in the next 4 years couldn’t settle anywhere really . Then bought my own truck in 1990 which I did for another 15 years.

Nice line up Cliff,Where was that taken,MIFT?

Yes Whiplash it was in the M .I F.T. A lot of good owner drivers on the job then.

ye gd guys cliff but most of em looking for a ■■■■ not mift lol hope alls well m8

All good here Steve really enjoying my retirement, hope all is well with you mate.
This is a good photo of times gone on.

Cliff luxton:
All good here Steve really enjoying my retirement, hope all is well with you mate.
This is a good photo of times gone on.

Cracking fleet lineup Cliff. :smiley:

Clipping from 1991.

axmi 1991.PNG

Good clipping.
Never got to Chard,Avonmouth was as close as I got,when in Danzas.
All good lads in the other 4 depots though.Coleshill could be a tight bugger of a spot if I recall.

Not seen the first photo of A760 ODV on here before but the second one was on a year or two back.

img1011.jpg

Thanks Dean, Whiplash, and Sandway for your post’s and you Steve,
Our old boss really took a liking for those Leyland’s and they obviously served him well. In the earlier day’s he had tried Volvo, DAF, Scania , Renault, but in the end he wanted to buy British.

Clipping from 1984.

axminster ley1.PNG

axminster ley.PNG

The boss really did like these motors.

this one would of been nice for the n,africa run cliff just imagine running round salle multiple pick ups lol i was parked up next to him in the petro truckstop las vegas last friday nice couple man/wife basically they live in it

Great pic Steve similar to the lorry I started in for Axminster Transport.

oh ye cliff the ol 86 no contest lol :slight_smile:

I think this is the picture that stands out for me. Great fleet in the day.

Ohhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted a much better pic of this earlier on this thread,looks like it originated from Commercial Motor magazine.

Click on page once.

axminster clip.PNG

Might have been on before

Real early day’s