Axminster transport

Just one to keep us going.

This was a popular place to stop when loading in the Abaran area.

We’ve passed this way a few times.

Dont think this one has been on before.One of Central’s following.

That’ll be me then Dean followed by Central going into Dover. Another great pic mate thank you.

Think I might be wrong there Dean that is coming down from top deck in Poole.

It is with great sadness I have been informed of the death of Edgar Fowler, he was one of the first drivers at Axminster Transport to do continental work starting in 1975ish. He started work at Axminster in 1972 and worked there for 20 years or more. Edgar will be sadly missed by all his friends.

R.I.P my old friend Edgar

The lorry on the right is the one Edgar travelled Europe in.

rip edgar was showing dad the other day photos on internet his face well you couldnt make it up great days gone never to be repeated or bettered hey ho what can i say

Hello Cliff, i am racking my brains but cant picture Edgar, but i am sure i would have known him
back in the 80’s. RIP.

He was a real character Dean , wore glasses smoked a pipe short stocky chap you would definitely have met him.

Just to let people know Edgar funeral will be in Axminster on the Friday 23rd March not sure of time yet will post later.

What a great turn out for Edgar at his funeral he would have been very proud, at least 20 old work mates from Axminster Transport well done lads.
R.I.P. Edgar.

Ok I think we can eventually make it happen Axminster Transport drivers reunion 5th of may all welcome partners as well, please get in touch.

Not the best picture this was driven by my mate Roger White at the time.

A new one Cliff.

A02372.JPG

Great photo Dean that was the only tilt we had,I think. Hope all well with you mate.

Cliff luxton:
Great photo Dean that was the only tilt we had,I think. Hope all well with you mate.

Yeah all good Cliff. I reckon you will have to pop round and see the gaffer chap,see if you cant liberate
some more pics ! :laughing: :wink:

Dear all,
I’m sorry to inform you that unfortunately my dad, Peter Baulch, passed away on Thursday 19th April.
His funeral will be held on Friday 4th May at Axminster Church at 11:30. You will all be very welcome.
My brother and I have enjoyed reading this thread and hearing stories about dad’s working life.
We have found a large number of photographs that I will pass onto Cliff at some point.
Best wishes
Lindsey and Simon Baulch

rip peter the best boss i ever worked for////

Thank you Lindsey that wasn’t easy , I didn’t know the best way to say that on here. I have lost a really good friend and a boss that was second to none. R.I.P. Peter you will never be forgotten.