Are you happy with your NTL service ? (not for small eyes)

Hilarious :smiley:

Dear Cretins,

I have been an NTL customer since 9th July 2001, when I signed up
for your 3-in-one deal for cable TV, cable modem, and telephone. During this
three-month period I have encountered inadequacy of service which I had
not previously considered possible, as well as ignorance and stupidity of
monolithic proportions. Please allow me to provide specific details, so
that you can either pursue your professional prerogative, and seek to
rectify these difficulties - or more likely (I suspect) so that you can
have some entertaining reading material as you while away the working
day smoking B&H and drinking vendor-coffee on the bog in your office.

My initial installation was cancelled without warning or notice,
waiting for your technician to arrive. When he did not arrive at all, I spent a
further 57 minutes listening to your infuriating hold music, and the
even more annoying Scottish robot woman telling me to look at your helpful
website… how? I alleviated the boredom to some small degree by
playing with my testicles for a few minutes - an activity at which you are no
doubt both familiar and highly adept. The rescheduled installation
then took place some two weeks later, although the technician did forget
to bring a number of vital tools - such as a drill-bit and his cerebrum.
Two weeks later, my cable modem had still not arrived.

After several further telephone calls (actually 15 telephone calls
over 4 weeks) my modem arrived … a total of six weeks after I had
requested it, and begun to pay for it. I estimate that the downtime of
your internet servers is roughly 35%… these are usually the hours between about 6pm
and midnight, Monday to Friday, and most of the useful periods over the weekend. I am still waiting for my
telephone connection. I have made 9 telephone calls on my mobile to your
no-help line this week, and have been unhelpfully transferred to a
variety of disinterested individuals who are, it seems, also highly skilled
bollock-jugglers. I have been informed:

that a telephone line is available (and someone will call me back),
that no telephone line is available (and someone will call me back),
that I will be transferred to someone who knows whether or not a
telephone line is available (and then been cut off), that I will be transferred to someone who knows whether or not a
telephone line is available (and then been redirected to an answer
machine informing me that your office is closed), that I will be transferred to someone who knows whether or not a
telephone line is available (and then been redirected to the irritating
Scottish robot woman… and several other variations on this theme.

Doubtless you are no-longer reading this letter, as you have at
least a thousand other dissatisfied customers to ignore, and also another one
of those crucially important testicle-moments to attend to. Frankly I don’t
care, it’s far more satisfying as a customer to voice my frustrations in
print than to shout them at your unending hold music.

Forgive me, therefore, if I continue. I thought BT were ■■■■, that
they had attained the holy ■■■■-pot of God-awful customer relations,
that no-one, anywhere, ever, could be more disinterested, less helpful or
more obstructive to delivering service to their customers. That’s why I chose
NTL, and because, well, there isn’t anyone else is there? How surprised
I therefore was, when I discovered to my considerable dissatisfaction and
disappointment what a useless shower of ■■■■■■■■ you truly are. You are
sputum-filled pieces of distended ■■■■■■ - incompetents of the highest
order. British Telecom - ■■■■■■■ though they are - shine like brilliant
beacons of success, in the filthy puss-filled mire of your seemingly
limitless inadequacy. Suffice to say that I have now given up on my
futile and foolhardy quest to receive any kind of service from you. I suggest
that you do likewise, and cease any potential future attempts to extort
payment from me for the services which you have so pointedly and
catastrophically failed to deliver - any such activity will be greeted initially with
hilarity and disbelief - although these feelings will quickly be replaced by
derision, and even perhaps a small measure of bemused rage.

I enclose two small deposits, selected with great care from my
cat’s litter tray, as an expression of my utter and complete contempt for both
you, and your pointless company. I sincerely hope that they have not
become desiccated during transit - they were satisfyingly moist at the time of
posting, and I would feel considerable disappointment if you did not
experience both their rich aroma and delicate texture. Consider them
the very embodiment of my feelings towards NTL, and its worthless
employees.

Have a nice day - may it be the last in you miserable short life, you
irritatingly incompetent and infuriatingly unhelpful bunch of [zb]

Yours psychotically,

■■■

Edit Notice, Sorry Rob! Had to remove naughty word, Bully

Ive been with NTL for 2/3 years have never had any problems and am very happy with the top broadband service they give me.

Having used BT in the past and knowing friends who use BT i would say there seems to be much of a likeness for the couldnt give a ■■■■ attitude from both companies but apart from that i have had no probs.

That text, or slight variations of it, has been floating around the net for a good while now and it isn’t always aimed at NTL but a variety of companies, last time I saw it I think it was Sky who were the alleged recipients of this so called letter of complaint.

Don’t know where it originated, but it would certainly fit the bill for many companies over here too.

This post seemes as though it is being devalued by other posts hinting at a level of service some people can only dream about.My experience of NTL would have the most mild mannered of people having a fit at the level of incompetence experienced.And yes,I am speaking from personal experience :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I certainly wasn’t hinting at a good level of service from NTL and if my post read that way then I didn’t mean it to. I had brief dealings with NTL a few years ago and after that experience I won’t ever contemplate doing any sort of business with them again.

I moved house in August and the only TV or telephone in the house was through NTL, no arial, Sky dish or BT line, and about the first thing I did was remove all their cables, boxes and other bits of kit that were affixed to or in the property, stuck it all in a box and called them and told them if they wanted the stuff I would hang onto it for two weeks and then it was being binned. It got binned. In my opinion they are a useless company.

Rob didn’t post this claiming it was his experience of NTL but as something he had found and thought funny and would share it with us.

:smiley: don’t ask questions about the time of the post, BUT… :smiley: I’ve briefly had experience of NTL and this letter to them is more or less spot on to what I would have sent if I could’ve been bothered to.

No experience of AOL (God, thank you sooooooooo much :smiley: ) but have been on the receiving end of BT Anytime (arghhhhh) and Virgin broadband (arghhhh but not quitttttttttte as painful).

I can say as I’m with Demon broadband now, that I highly recommend them. They’ve got a good promo going at the moment too as well. I’ve been with them 3 months now without one single hickup and I “work” on my PC online for 75%+ of the weekend. demon.net/broadbandpromo

I’m with Plusnet never had any trouble to speak of and when you do contact them they are very knowledgeable and helpful,most of the teething difficulties I had early on were down to me and they didn’t make me feel like an idiot

Might be a daft question,but why is there three kisses at the end of such a nasty letter!■■ :confused: :blush: :unamused: :smiley:

Dan.

Think you’d find that thats what ya call Sarcasm…LOL

:confused:
I’ve been with ntl for the past 4 years(since they past my house)also being employed by them for 7 years since they put my installation in I’ve had NO problem with them at all the broadband I’ve got works well and the phone line dosn’t breakdown. So the only thing that I can think of is that it is a rogue :imp: install team, you get them in every part of the country. They come in do a [zb]-poor job and go away and get paid which I think is a load of [zb]. The supervisors :smiling_imp: don’t check the installation which dosn’t help.
Hope that makes sense as it does to me
:smiley:
Andy

Minor language edit, if you have to put stars in to get it past the auto Censor that is the clue it’s not allowed. Coffeeholic. :smiley:

AndyD:
:?
I’ve been with ntl for the past 4 years(since they past my house)also being employed by them for 7 years since they put my installation in I’ve had NO problem with them at all the broadband I’ve got works well and the phone line dosn’t breakdown. So the only thing that I can think of is that it is a rogue :imp: install team, you get them in every part of the country. They come in do a ps-poor job and go away and get paid which I think is a load of Bs. The supervisors :smiling_imp: don’t check the installation which dosn’t help.
Hope that makes sense as it does to me
:smiley:
Andy

Its funy you should mention that Andy when they came to install mine in the cellar they tried to attach it to the sky cable and not the ntl one , luckily i was watching them.

I have a Digital cable TV service which inludes Broadband internet. We have 500 TV channels and high speed internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week but it costs $134 + tax per month. Back there in Blighty I had BT dial up which hardly ever got through and Sky TV I can’t remember how much it cost but my son who still lives there says he can’t afford broadband which is a shame because I only manage to chat on line to him on rare occasions.

How much would a service like I have cost in the UK ?

I pay £40 a month for my main Sky package, that’s the top package they do, and an extra £10 to have another Sky feed to a second digibox in my sons room. That total includes SKY+ subscription. BT Broadband, 24/7 unlimited access, £29.99 a month.

So a similar package to yours which works out to about $125, including all tax.

Pat I’ve got the 512k Broad band which costs me £24:99 a month. Digital TV would be about another £35 with some of the premium sports and film channels, that will include a phone line as well. I have no idea if that service would give as many as 500 channels but the 35 that I get with anologue cable I find quite limited with the high number of repeats, not really aa all sports fan so don’t subscribe to these channels.

I like the News channels, Discovery channel and have just found World Poker Tour on Challenge. My ankle snappers like the Music channels and teen progs, Trouble and Nickleodeon.

Thats not bad !

My Son must just be very carefull with his money which I praise him for.

When I lived there I think my Sky package alone was 45 quid a month.