Applebys Wolverhampton

G144PRA Flying Scotsman
Mississippi Delta
Also remember E930 UOB not sure what that was called.

Hi,fairly sure thats a pic of the flying scotsman on page one with the bullbar on,a 143 450,driven by Barry (Ozzy) and N222 MRA was the Highway Man and had ■■■■ Turpin on front of cab,the last truck to run in the blue and white.Mervyn’s nick name was Dibble,cos the drivers reckoned he looked like officer dibble off the cartoon top cat,its 2 years this month that Mervyn passed away,RIP my friend.

image.jpgthe last time I saw Paul I thought he had a Renault ?

Hi Dan,Paul did have a couple of renault premiums in the same yellow livery,i think he has retired now and the last motor he had was a black topline scania which his lad Gary drove,and Porky still about,got a silver super space Daf,cheers Pete

image.jpg

A different slant on the more common ‘office fire’ Dan! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
A different slant on the more common ‘office fire’ Dan! :laughing:

Pete.

And a briefcase was stolen off the back seat of the BMW, guess what it contained ? :smiley:

Great picture in Heritage Commercials of ’ Luke’s Kingdom’ B755PDH a 112 scania .

Come on Pete dig deep there must be more pics !!

Punchy Dan:
Come on Pete dig deep there must be more pics !!

I’ve found a load of negatives looked through them all Dan…none I’m afraid Mate :frowning:

Bump ,just incase anyone has any photos to share ? Thanks .

Ex Appleby’s, not my pic will remove if requested,

14935481281_0b57efd9a3.jpg

Nice one Pete , shame the stripes are not blue .

Dean,
Hope you d not mind me re-posting this pic of Mervyns Sed Atki, its to bump the page up for Mervyns Daughter,Joanne, who has kindly gave me permission to post the picture of the Atki Defender,

A00278.JPG

Hiya,Not sure if this one is an Applebys motor…it has the usual mural and name on the front so hopefully someone can confirm the identity,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Top man Bubbs Thankyou .

pete smith:
Dean,
Hope you d not mind me re-posting this pic of Mervyns Sed Atki, its to bump the page up for Mervyns Daughter,Joanne, who has kindly gave me permission to post the picture of the Atki Defender,

A00278.JPG

Think this is also one of Applebys,same strip on cab but no signwriting.

BF0015.JPG

DEANB:

pete smith:
Dean,

Thanks Dean ,will your archives get us in to the 80s or even the 90s ?

DEANB:

pete smith:
Dean,

DEANB:

pete smith:
Dean,

Hi Dean, Thank you for posting, Cheers Pete

bubbleman:
Hiya,Not sure if this one is an Applebys motor…it has the usual mural and name on the front so hopefully someone can confirm the identity,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi Bubbs,
Could be Billy Bean or Barry Osbourne driving, not sure, but some one has done some badge engineering as Mervyn never had any 500 143’s only up to 450 as he didn’t trust the EDC but would “tickle” them anyway!, Cheer’s Pete