Applebys Wolverhampton

Yes that’s cocker Dave ,he took the rear lift off it ,before then it had been used in Scunthorpe steel works ,the engine in it is a turned up 350 out of Aden Hares old E14 ,E40 ANE as the original engine was knacked .

That’s the one, the original engine would be well worn by now because we put about 400 thousand kms on it plus what it had done with porky.

Searched everywhere for any pics to no avail,another named scania 143 was ■■■■ Turpin what Mervyn sold to an owner driver who lives on A49 by prees heath and another 143 went to a lad over Leicester area,sold him an engine for it collected it on a transit pick up from my yard in Kingswinford,only mention it cos someone may know lads and have pics,ta,Pete

Hiya Pete,heres a couple of pics from my collection…the rolling shot is my pic,the other isn’t…Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Great pictures thanks bubbleman ,any more to come ?

Thanks for pics Bubbleman,gonna dig out some old sales brochures and wack em on your thread,ta,Pete

Here you go Dan,only 2 pics i can unearth

Good man pete ,keep them coming ,cheers,smart looking lorries to a lad riding with his dad in a red b series with someone else s name rubbed off .

Not Applebys,but a firm i worked for early 90’s,bison tl 11 with 9sp fuller,Scania 93 250 with that strange gear set up range change with split on top two gears and the one i drove Foden 265 roller with 9 sp fuller ex Joseph Holloways Oldbury,sorry bout mark on pic in front of Bison but it is to block out a total knob end,Bison was YFC233V,Scania G68HOA and Foden PEA611W

The ones I always remembered were " Alabama bound & Ocean pacific " !
Didn’t they have plain white Renaults with a red stripe during their latter years ?

Don’t know ,don’t think so ,last ones were white or blue 4 series .

Last trucks Mervyn ran were 4 white DAF 85-430’s on r plates i think and half a dozen blue Scania r124 420’s v reg,all where auctioned off by Malcolm Harrison in 2006/7

Another photo popped up for you Dan,l’ll see if i can get any info off one of my drivers as he worked for Mervyn

applebys.jpg

Couple of Appleby’s Sed Ak’s,pic from Bubbleman’s scrapbook thread

Appleby.jpg

Good work Pete thanks .

Dan Punchard:
Good work Pete thanks .

Must have been amongst first artics Mervyn ran,he must have still been running 8 leggers alongside these as my uncle worked for him,Robin Hargreaves,and he only got a class 2,ERF B series with Roller in it

I used to travel some of the same routes as Appleby’s with similar loads. No matter what I was driving I never managed to pass one of theirs or one of Kendricks, even though Horace’s Red Perils only had 150 Gardners.
Until I got my F88. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

hi all,
there is a 142 scania being restored in appleby’s colours,somewhere in shrops.
regards andrew.

Its a 143 reg no N222 MRA. The cab and chassis has been painted but still a long way to go.

Great,sounds good to me !!