Anyone for a pint

A lorry has shed its load of beer after overturning on a motorway slip road.

The crash on the M2 exit slip road at junction five for Sittingbourne a 05:45 GMT has caused several hours of delays, Kent Police said.

The force said it was investigating whether the load had been strapped to the lorry’s trailer and the condition of the vehicle’s tyres and brakes.

The driver suffered an injured arm and was taken to a London hospital.

Officers are also looking into how long he had been on duty and for how long he had been driving.

I bet the cleanup crew will be having a Merry Christmas :smiley:

Officers are looking at if the load was strapped to the trailer - I can help with that, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t

26.5 hour duty time and had driven for 11.5 hours.

Seems it is a British vehicle. If you are going to lay one on its side for a rest at least make sure the tyres are OK and all the brakes are connected.

kentonline.co.uk/sittingbou … rs-194371/

kentonline.co.uk/sittingbou … m2-194346/

harrawaffa:

Possibly started moving a minute or two early so that the previous day’s driving time was included in the total?

Vid:

harrawaffa:

Possibly started moving a minute or two early so that the previous day’s driving time was included in the total?

I reckon so, did a 10 the day before and then set off 4ishAM and rolled it at 5:45am.

Vid:

harrawaffa:

Just what the police had said on twitter. They also found corded tyres and some of the trailer brakes weren’t connected.

mrginge:

Vid:

harrawaffa:

I reckon so, did a 10 the day before and then set off 4ishAM and rolled it at 5:45am.

Bending to undue pressure by his unscrupulous firm I reckon :unamused:
Load not strapped, and his daily rest taken to nearest minute…or so he thought. :unamused: , and running on slicks with dodgy brakes into the bargain :unamused:

No sympathy from me, hope they throw the book at him and his ■■■■ bag of a co.
Knob head drivers and crap firms like that give us all a bad name, it aint 1980 anymore ffs. :smiling_imp:
Lucky the 2hat didn’t kill some poor innocent sod. :bulb:

mrginge:

Vid:

harrawaffa:

Exactly how it would be but Daily Fail readers will be saying he had driven for 37 hours without a cup of tea or a sleep

At least he / she was kind enough to show them the tyres in full without having to scrabble on the ground. Admittedly might have been better to call out Kwik Fit first (or Kwik Git as my phone wants to call them).

As for straps, might have had a 400KG internal per 1 ton pallet, maybe. Apparently thats perfectly alright and “you’re wasting your time strapping stuff properly” until it snaps. Hmm…

Those who are too low to hit bridges drop the loads - keep causing chaos out there!

probably had a little sample of the load

Some reports are saying they had to amputate an arm to get him out .
Somehow he won’t be working again .
I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for him and certainly none for his company.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bet there were some overloaded patrol cars constantly leaving the scene, assisting with the clean up.

I definitely feel for the driver. He didn’t mean to have an accident and hasn’t taken anyone else with him. On the other side of the coin, it’s yet another rollover on a corner/roundabout which is going to be caused by tearing around.

Would those self righteous commentators please explain how they would ‘strap down’ a load of canned beer with the equipment routinely available to you?

slowlane:
I definitely feel for the driver. He didn’t mean to have an accident and hasn’t taken anyone else with him. On the other side of the coin, it’s yet another rollover on a corner/roundabout which is going to be caused by tearing around.

Well after reading the police statement online, and knowing said exit, I would tncsi assume he ran out of non existent brakes…

Would have been coming downhill to the exit, wasn’t going slow enough to make the bend, whoops upsy Daisy, Morrison didn’t get there Christmas pop delivery.

I think there will be a lot more to this story before long , a very old trailer and possibly lorry, running with a full load of beer near the channel crossings very close to Christmas , obviously with a operator that hasn’t much respect in doing things right first thing id be looking for would be pod delivery cmr notes .

chipliner:
I think there will be a lot more to this story before long , a very old trailer and possibly lorry, running with a full load of beer near the channel crossings very close to Christmas , obviously with a operator that hasn’t much respect in doing things right first thing id be looking for would be pod delivery cmr notes .

That trailer/combo hasn’t come off the train, it’s too high,

biggriffin:

chipliner:

That trailer/combo hasn’t come off the train, it’s too high,

Also the beer in the foreground is clearly Special Brew which is brewed and canned in Northampton.

the nodding donkey:
Would those self righteous commentators please explain how they would ‘strap down’ a load of canned beer with the equipment routinely available to you?

There’s the problem. Is it
beyond the wit of man to have corner boards for loads like that so they can be secured properly. It’s been said before on here plenty of times, that you should treat a curtain sider like a flat, but there are too many that won’t do it right unless they’re being watched. If he had dodgy tyres and brakes he needs putting off the road whether he’s lost an arm or not and his boss should go with him.