Apologies for the A249, Kent today

For those of you stuck in the road closures and long tail backs…

Twas a lorry that was supposed to deliver baled waste into the paper Mill that I am working in at the mo, came down off the M2 and rolled it…

i was called from the mill under police ■■■■■■ in a 4 wheel steer shovel thingy, to assist in getting the load out of the trailer and into roll on/off bins…

The driver escaped with minor injuries, the truck, a DAF space cab was written off, all in all it took 8 hours, most off that was waiting for the Highways guys and Police to get the road fully closed after the rush hour.

For me it was a really interesting time working with the police and HA’s (Not HATO I might add) and seeing what goes on behind the scenes involving road closures, safety, recovery, repairs of barriers and cleaning up.

what Mill did you come out of Kemsley ■■? :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yes mate, thats the only one left now :slight_smile:

Coddy:
Yes mate, thats the only one left now :slight_smile:

Used to go there a lot
There was a guy there that used to collect buses and coaches ( toy ones )
He had a hell of a collection what i can remember he said about them went all over the place collecting them think his name was Bob ??Mind it was a long long time ago.
Had my first real ■■■■■■■■■ BALLER there
Hooked up a strap to secure the sheets on the trailer hook came off and swung up very fast to hit me in the Crown Jewels :open_mouth:
I was on the ground curled up in a ball for about 20mins got home on the friday night walking like John Wayne Mrs took me to a+e told to pack em up with frozen peas and rest for a day or 2
■■■■ makes me friends tingle even now thinking about it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: