wtf

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma … r-31688824

He had stopped to help the driver of an overturned lorry on the M602, near Salford, at about 08:30 GMT on Sunday.
Police said when the 28-year-old got out of his VW Caddy van, leaving his keys in the ignition, the lorry driver jumped in and sped off, dragging the man along. He suffered head injuries.

A 43-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Det Sgt Julie Connor, of Greater Manchester Police, said the man had been dragged “some distance” along the motorway, before he fell off the front of the van.

“The injured man is in a critical condition at hospital,” said Det Sgt Connor.

“We are keen to trace anyone who witnessed this incident and to recover the stolen VW Caddy van, registration number DY14 FPN.”

So they have the truckie but not the van he stole :open_mouth:

A new low for agency drivers. Turn it over and then escape in somebody else’s vehicle nearly killing them in the process.

Certainly very odd, guess it will come down to what was in the load, I reckon we only have half the story here, best of luck to the poor guy injured.

nick2008:

Probably arrested him at his home or somewhere but he had already dumped the van elsewhere and they haven’t found it yet.

Coffeeholic:

nick2008:

Probably arrested him at his home or somewhere but he had already dumped the van elsewhere and they haven’t found it yet.

well yes but what’s the point in not telling plod where it was left I suppose you cant do me with out the van as evidence mentality :unamused:

If, and it’s a big IF the truck driver was driving the truck legally then my keen Sherlock Holmesesque instincts tell me that early on a Sunday morning and after turning the truck over he probably figured he was still way over the limit after a heavy Saturday, so he panicked and did one. Obviously stupid is as stupid does as he’s swapped a potential DD charge for one of attempted murder.

Either way he deserves putting to sleep for doing that to a guy who was only trying to help.

nick2008:

Coffeeholic:

nick2008:

well yes but what’s the point in not telling plod where it was left I suppose you cant do me with out the van as evidence mentality :unamused:

Probably, he’s clearly not playing with a full deck at the moment so who knows what his thought process is.

Contraflow:
A new low for agency drivers. Turn it over and then escape in somebody else’s vehicle nearly killing them in the process.

class… :smiley: whats the betting he uses the crash as a tempory insanity clause to get off with it,though it has to be a good bit of a story for the real reason…possibly agency being told enroute his run has changed with the probability of an unplanned night out ,hence lost the plot and went into meltdown.

Seriously weird story…

the maoster:
If, and it’s a big IF the truck driver was driving the truck legally then my keen Sherlock Holmesesque instincts tell me that early on a Sunday morning and after turning the truck over he probably figured he was still way over the limit after a heavy Saturday, so he panicked and did one. Obviously stupid is as stupid does as he’s swapped a potential DD charge for one of attempted murder.

Either way he deserves putting to sleep for doing that to a guy who was only trying to help.

“Officer… one minute I’m driving a truck on the M602, next thing I know I’ve been missing for 2 days and I’m in a VW!!! I think I sustained a head injury… Would you like to breathalise me now!!!”

Goldilox:
Seriously weird story…

Scary stuff ,i had to read it a few times for it to sink in :open_mouth:

What a ■■■■■ :imp:

If he ever gets to drive them again it’ll be a bloody miracle!

C

Contraflow:

Has Conor been on recently :wink: :wink:

Man charged
manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … an-8755771

I really do feel sorry for the poor bugger that was trying to help, but whenever I get out of whatever I’m driving, the keys go with me.

Hope he recovers ok.

My guess is that professional lorry driver had been on the sauce, over the limit & desperately trying to scarper from the scene to avoid career ending breath test. Refusal to provide breath test when caught is ominous. However, didn’t quite think it all through.