Another shot

So, the World outside of Driving then - is a case of “Nice work if you can get it”?

TiredAndEmotional:

Captain Caveman 76:
Funeral director. People are always going to die and your customers aren’t ever going to complain. Decent company car too.

I’ll make the boxes for you!

First load after passing my HGV class one, taking 100 (EMPTY) coffins from Stockport to various funeral directors in London!

Pennineman:

TiredAndEmotional:

Captain Caveman 76:
Funeral director. People are always going to die and your customers aren’t ever going to complain. Decent company car too.

First load after passing my HGV class one, taking 100 (EMPTY) coffins from Stockport to various funeral directors in London!

That’s a great start to your career, a proper dead end job! :grimacing:

TiredAndEmotional:

Pennineman:

TiredAndEmotional:

Captain Caveman 76:

That’s a great start to your career, a proper dead end job! :grimacing:

I did secretly want a pull by the Ministry man - er what are you carrying driver :laughing:

The back load was incontinence pads!!!

Pennineman:
[

Stop taking the ■■■■ !! :slight_smile:

■■■■ star.

raymundo:

Pennineman:
[

Oui Oui :laughing:

Pennineman:

raymundo:

Pennineman:
[

:grimacing:

Pennineman:

raymundo:

Pennineman:
[

That pun’s Number 1 in my book.

Pennineman:

raymundo:

Pennineman:
[

I think this will dribble on and on.

Paramedic every day of the week for me

Bino10:
If you had a chance for a fresh start at another trade/career what that would be?

Holly Willoughby’s minder/bit of ‘muscle’ :sunglasses: …if you know what I mean. :wink: :laughing:

Yes I’d rather be her bloke though .

If I had my time again, I wouldn’t be a knob at school. I would have used the grey matter which I am fortunate to be blessed with to far greater effect.

Acting the clown and generally dicking around has meant that I now drive a lorry :frowning: I never knew what I wanted to do for a living, and if I was to be totally honest, I still don’t.

However, without wishing to sound like an elitist prick, I am seriously under achieving currently. Don’t know if it’s a mid-life thing, but I am starting to yearn for something far more rewarding and challenging. I ran my own business between 2003-2011, and to now have to put up with peoples crap is extremely frustrating.

Chasing the cash has lost it’s appeal :neutral_face: I have everything I want from a material point of view, it’s about time I started ’ enjoying ’ working. Getting home in one piece half the time in this job is a result in itself :unamused:

eagerbeaver:
If I had my time again, I wouldn’t be a knob at school. I would have used the grey matter which I am fortunate to be blessed with to far greater effect.

Acting the clown and generally dicking around has meant that I now drive a lorry :frowning: I never knew what I wanted to do for a living, and if I was to be totally honest, I still don’t.

However, without wishing to sound like an elitist prick, I am seriously under achieving currently. Don’t know if it’s a mid-life thing, but I am starting to yearn for something far more rewarding and challenging. I ran my own business between 2003-2011, and to now have to put up with peoples crap is extremely frustrating.

Chasing the cash has lost it’s appeal :neutral_face: I have everything I want from a material point of view, it’s about time I started ’ enjoying ’ working. Getting home in one piece half the time in this job is a result in itself :unamused:

Sounds like a mid life thing ok bud, wouldn’t worry about it.
As for me I done ok at school, I was still ‘one of the lads’’ but I got the balance of dicking about and sticking in about right.
Yeh I done ok with exams, but still ended up driving, …but through choice.

In your case you’ve finally landed a job at the better end of the market, so you’ve done better than most of us, so if I was you bud, I’d settle for it and be content, safe in the knowledge that there are those with much worse driving gigs, on a lot poorer money. :bulb:
Jeez H…,.I should be the Trucknet resident ‘Agony Uncle’ :unamused: :laughing:

Merchant Navy
Bottled it at 17 after being accepted because 3 months at sea wasn’t that appealing back then. Could probably still join but not willing to take the pay cut or attend college where I’d be 10 years older than everyone else on the course.

This really got me thinking. I was happy driving when I was young, in my twenties. The job paid very well. An HGV driver was valued and paid properly. However in the search for mental stimulation I went off and bought into a franchise fixing cars, then branched into car security in the 90s. Then had a go on a tool van round the garages. Had a couple of wedding cars. Worked in a main dealer motorcycle shop on spanners then in the showroom. Then back to driving.......the job has gone down the pan but it allows me to work the hours I want, on agency. Im glad I tried other stuff over about 20years but I dont mind seeing my time out now driving. Its such an easy job these days. (two years to go).
If I had my time over I think I`d have liked to open up a classic/vintage bike and car emporium. Or…as daft as it sounds buy my own truck.

robroy:

eagerbeaver:

Sounds like a mid life thing ok bud, wouldn’t worry about it.
As for me I done ok at school, I was still ‘one of the lads’’ but I got the balance of dicking about and sticking in about right.
Yeh I done ok with exams, but still ended up driving, …but through choice.

In your case you’ve finally landed a job at the better end of the market, so you’ve done better than most of us, so if I was you bud, I’d settle for it and be content, safe in the knowledge that there are those with much worse driving gigs, on a lot poorer money. :bulb:
Jeez H…,.I should be the Trucknet resident ‘Agony Uncle’ :unamused: :laughing:

You’d be a rubbish agony aunt.

Ill tell you what i told my future son in law ( hope not ) but he left school /college with no qualifications, but thinks he can succeed in the city earning hundreds of thousands of £££s…thats what he keeps saying…and wants to Wear a suit says he…theses youngsters today havnt a clue…but there you go…anyway i told him to get ab job as a trainee train driver…they start at around £45 thousand…once fully trained…the money goes up to £60 grand a year…+ all the perks…free travel and the family gets a pass too…hows about that…beats trucking anyday…a schoolboys dream…well it was mine, just couldnt lift a shovel. :smiley:

You can do any job you’re told to, or for the money, and hate it. What’s the point of living if you don’t enjoy yourself?!?!

I’ve worked in the City, I’ve got a degree in Economics, once I’ve had my fill of trucks I’ll probably go and do another degree or maybe get a masters in something. I want to live and work in another country or two.

The banks are filled with just as many moaning mertyls doing nothing to change their lot as haulage is. All it takes is a dose of bad luck and your “I’ll do something else later, once I’ve earned more money” plan turns to dust.