Career change 2?

Hi all, so a little about me. I’m 27 and currently work in a factory that makes concrete flooring. Thinking about Hgv, and all that. But I got paid yesterday (here’s the honesty) £2,200 after tax. From what I’ve read on here a driving job would struggle to get near that, but could be wrong?

And last month got only £1,600 as its quieter in December, so a different contrast in months. I’m just after some honest opinions guys/gals, as it could decide the near future for me.

I know it’s not always about the money, but in a way it kinda is, if you know what I mean :wink:

Really appreciate any comments, cheers

Stick with your current job.

You’ll struggle to beat that on a regular basis.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks guys, won’t mention company but it’s classed as piecework, good day’s pay well - bad days not so well.

Still thinking about training though, maybe a bit of weekend driving :wink:

Hello again Pete, hope all is well.

Dan Bear 87:

I was going to suggest that, another string to your bow & all that, especially as you can probably afford it at the moment.
You never know when Life’s Gonna Bite you on the Arse !

Dan Bear 87:
Thanks guys, won’t mention company but it’s classed as piecework, good day’s pay well - bad days not so well.

Hello again Pete, hope all is well.

If doing mon to fri in usual job then in general you can drive one day every other weekend due to weekly rest rules and the usual job must be officially recorded in the week you drove under EU regs