new job

Well I start my new job next Friday as I have just had to hand notice in were I am now worked out with the ours I was doing was been paid £6.80 to £7.43 an our it was salary pay but that’s what it ended up been a our and I’m not driving class 1 for that a our so new job lot less ours and more pay

Where you going now? When on salary always no how many hours you have to work to get it and what they pay when your over.

Congrats on the new job. Good to hear that you managed to get in someplace else so quickly too - Sounds like a good move!

thesalarycalculator.co.uk - This has been a good friend for the last few months lol :wink:

AKC180:
Congrats on the new job. Good to hear that you managed to get in someplace else so quickly too - Sounds like a good move!

thesalarycalculator.co.uk - This has been a good friend for the last few months lol :wink:

There is also an iPhone app, I’ve actually used it at N interview before to call their bluff haha

Congrats on the new job, cmon spill the beans, where is it!

Good shout! :wink:

Blimey Sam, that money was crap!
But you were a new pass, and you got enough experience from it to land a better gig. (I hope!)

Best of luck! :smiley:

That money is shocking, but if you gained valuable experience out of it then I take my hat off to you sir.

Where you off to now Sam??

No wonder they always have a sign up needing drivers.

The new job is miles better it’s only round the corner to me and is a lot less ours for more money and ye no wounder they always need drivers I was getting maxed out on my ours all the time I don’t mind doing that if I was getting paid for it but no way am I working for that money I no I need experience but that was taking the ■■■■ the money I was on I was earning more driving Lutton vans and I’ll let you no were I’m working once I’m settled in

samledger1212:
The new job is miles better it’s only round the corner to me and is a lot less ours for more money and ye no wounder they always need drivers I was getting maxed out on my ours all the time I don’t mind doing that if I was getting paid for it but no way am I working for that money I no I need experience but that was taking the ■■■■ the money I was on I was earning more driving Lutton vans and I’ll let you no were I’m working once I’m settled in

There’s loads of company’s in our area that pay a day rate, stay well clear of them… What type of work is it then? I know a few people after drivers atm anyway so if you get stuck, tippers, day work, nice scanias and a decent coin?? Pm if you like

yt03:

samledger1212:

There’s loads of company’s in our area that pay a day rate, stay well clear of them… What type of work is it then? I know a few people after drivers atm anyway so if you get stuck, tippers, day work, nice scanias and a decent coin?? Pm if you like

The thing with driving jobs is there are very few good firms looking for drivers because nobody leaves. Any firm who has trucks stood waiting for a driver is usally not worth working for but keep going by having a high staff turnover.

mac12:

yt03:

samledger1212:

The thing with driving jobs is there are very few good firms looking for drivers because nobody leaves. Any firm who has trucks stood waiting for a driver is usally not worth working for but keep going by having a high staff turnover.

I stick to the small family run firms, appreciated more and not just a number…

Sometimes thats right but not always, i,m also from Hull area and got asked by a man with 4 trucks to work for him good money driving grimsby to aberdeen and back 2 loads 4 days 1st week 3 loads 6 days 2nd. Sounding good untill he says that he like trucks kept cleaner than new so expected you to work for no pay on your time off to keep them clean he also did all his own servicing and wanted you to help with that. I gave that one a miss it was a good job spoiled.

mac12:
Sometimes thats right but not always, i,m also from Hull area and got asked by a man with 4 trucks to work for him good money driving grimsby to aberdeen and back 2 loads 4 days 1st week 3 loads 6 days 2nd. Sounding good untill he says that he like trucks kept cleaner than new so expected you to work for no pay on your time off to keep them clean he also did all his own servicing and wanted you to help with that. I gave that one a miss it was a good job spoiled.

Chap I worked for and hoping to get back with has 3, change your own tyres if needed to but his pay reflected it… I didn’t mind it one bit, could go weeks without hearing from him just let us come and go as we liked… Best boss ever

yt03:
I stick to the small family run firms, appreciated more and not just a number…

Yep , I work for such firm still owned by the man who started it and see him every day , reasonable hourly pay , 48 hours garneted

This one is a small set up and he doesn’t have a driver there who hasn’t been there under 10 years except me seems a nice bloke to which is good

samledger1212:
This one is a small set up and he doesn’t have a driver there who hasn’t been there under 10 years except me seems a nice bloke to which is good

You’ll be okay where you going I reckon mate

Nit pickin but your post was like immigrant’s OURS can’t you use the H to make it hours.
Good luck in the new job by the way

We don’t use hs in hull pal lol and cheers I’m owed two weeks in hand from this place aswell so I better get that or I won’t be happy