Another driving/shift hours question

tachograph:
You can get a printout for any days records that’s still on the driver card.

When your card is in the tachograph and the tachograph is on the standard display press the down arrow and scroll to the driver 1 printout menu, enter the date for the printout you want and press OK.

Alternatively offer your boss a copy of the printout (if he wants one), if you don’t do 2 printouts you should keep the printout with you for the next 28 days then hand it in to the transport office.

Thanks mate. There is a lot to learn about tachographs, but I’m getting there, it was only my second day today after all [emoji1]

I will offer him my copy and make a new printout for my own records if necessary. Thanks a lot for your help.

Fingers crossed that I do it right on Monday now, but I think I will be ok [emoji23]

tachograph:

When your card is in the tachograph and the tachograph is on the standard display press the down arrow and scroll to the driver 1 printout menu, enter the date for the printout you want and press OK.

Alternatively offer your boss a copy of the printout (if he wants one), if you don’t do 2 printouts you should keep the printout with you for the next 28 days then hand it in to the transport office.

Ok I have my tacho card back.

Now I’m guessing on Monday I need to do a printout for every day I didn’t have my card, Inc Friday.

Do I need to do any manual entries other than my weekly rest period from Friday shift end to Monday shift start? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

oldwelshdude:

tachograph:

Now I’m guessing on Monday I need to do a printout for every day I didn’t have my card, Inc Friday.

Do I need to do any manual entries other than my weekly rest period from Friday shift end to Monday shift start? Or am I missing something?

“A printout for every day I didn’t have my card” :confused:

When you drive without using a driver card because your card is faulty or lost/stolen you should do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift.
On the pinouts you should write:

• The driver’s name or driver card or licence number, so the driver can be identified
  • Any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability, and rest or break
  • The driver’s signature

You cannot just drive a HGV without a card or printouts, that’s a good way to get parked up and fined.

Just got your card back from where/who? What have you done in the time you’ve not had your card?

In all cases other than what tachograph mentioned regarding printouts due to loss/stolen card you simply shouldn’t drive without a card.

Manual entries can be confusing at first, I once did a manual entry for 15 minutes and ended up with no recorded weekly rest. Tacho was complaining at me for the next week.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I also try to avoid manual entries Had to do one on Friday to cover other work and wound getting an infringement. Apparently I had worked non stop for the last 2 weeks when I last drove lol

Manual entries are dead easy to do but until you’re used to doing them they require a little concentration, after a couple of times it’s like second nature.

@ oldwelshdude

Ignore my previous post I can see from another thread that you did printouts at the start and end of the shifts :slight_smile:

I can’t remember the procedure for new driver cards but when you put your card in, if prompted for activities prior to inserting the card use the ? symbol for time up-to the start of the current shift.

tachograph:

oldwelshdude:

tachograph:

“A printout for every day I didn’t have my card” :confused:

When you drive without using a driver card because your card is faulty or lost/stolen you should do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift.
On the pinouts you should write:

• The driver’s name or driver card or licence number, so the driver can be identified
  • Any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability, and rest or break
  • The driver’s signature

You cannot just drive a HGV without a card or printouts, that’s a good way to get parked up and fined.

I did printouts at the start and end of every shift and write on them like you suggested all last week.

I’m just asking what I do now that I have my card back?

tachograph:
@ oldwelshdude

Ignore my previous post I can see from another thread that you did printouts at the start and end of the shifts :slight_smile:

I can’t remember the procedure for new driver cards but when you put your card in, if prompted for activities prior to inserting the card use the ? symbol for time up-to the start of the current shift.

As I did my last printout on Friday shift end, when I put my card in on Monday it will tell me when it was last removed.

Let’s say it was removed on Thursday for argument sake.

It will ask me if I want to make a manual entry from last removal so I will use ? up until Friday shift end yes?

Then input my weekly rest manually and start as normal from Monday shift start?

oldwelshdude:

tachograph:
@ oldwelshdude

As I did my last printout on Friday shift end, when I put my card in on Monday it will tell me when it was last removed.

Let’s say it was removed on Thursday for argument sake.

It will ask me if I want to make a manual entry from last removal so I will use ? up until Friday shift end yes?

Then input my weekly rest manually and start as normal from Monday shift start?

Correct

Thanks. I did as you suggested.