Another CPC question... but not the normal one

Oh the courses were £42 each by the way including upload fee, the trainer suggested he does them for 37 pp for group bookings but didn’t say a minimum group size. In Northampton. Mind you it’s still a day out of your life.

dekka:
Untill 30 min ago I didn’t know that JAUPT approved courses specifically for HGV or PCV or both, having looked at ROG’s link I refined the search to find the courses I have booked and paid for - they are indeed only approved for HGV.

However it appears to me that only JAUPT recognise this difference and as they are not the organisation that issue DQCs I don’t believe it matters (At least not in terms of doing the minimum required to comply with the law) and that it’s meant to be that way.

FROM gov.uk/driver-cpc-training-courses

“You only need to complete one set of training every 5 years if you drive both lorries and buses professionally.”

Following the link on that page “Find Driver CPC training courses” leads to this:

“Only approved courses taken with approved training centres count towards periodic training.”

A link on this page will then lead to the list of approved courses posted by ROG.

It seems that whether JAUPT have approved a course for HGV or PCV is not relevant but only that they have approved the course to count towards periodic training for “Lorry, bus and coach drivers”.

That’s my take on it anyway and once again if anyone can show evidence to the contrary please do - not because I’m looking for an argument but if Iv’e got it wrong I need to do something about it quickly.

Look at the back of your Driver Qualification Card.
Mine has the “C” (truck) classes on it, but not the “D” (bus) classes.
Looking on the gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours my entry shows (top left) that my card is category “Lorry”.

Franglais:

dekka:
Untill 30 min ago I didn’t know that JAUPT approved courses specifically for HGV or PCV or both, having looked at ROG’s link I refined the search to find the courses I have booked and paid for - they are indeed only approved for HGV.

However it appears to me that only JAUPT recognise this difference and as they are not the organisation that issue DQCs I don’t believe it matters (At least not in terms of doing the minimum required to comply with the law) and that it’s meant to be that way.

“You only need to complete one set of training every 5 years if you drive both lorries and buses professionally.”

Following the link on that page “Find Driver CPC training courses” leads to this:

“Only approved courses taken with approved training centres count towards periodic training.”

A link on this page will then lead to the list of approved courses posted by ROG.

It seems that whether JAUPT have approved a course for HGV or PCV is not relevant but only that they have approved the course to count towards periodic training for “Lorry, bus and coach drivers”.

That’s my take on it anyway and once again if anyone can show evidence to the contrary please do - not because I’m looking for an argument but if Iv’e got it wrong I need to do something about it quickly.

Looking on the gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours my entry shows (top left) that my card is category “Lorry”.

You can’t have two cards though.

Own Account Driver:

Franglais:

dekka:

You can’t have two cards though.

I would expect that anyone who holds both C and D licences, and who has done sufficient courses approved for both trucks and buses to hold one card PC…DCPC…CCCP…3CPO or whatever card, with all relevant C and D classes marked on the back.
No personal experience of that, nor trainer’s expertise speaking here. I only hold a bog standard driver’s plastic ticket.

My current one which expires soon has 8 pics of various size trucks and buses with and without trailers.

I can’t go online and see what is on there as I registered some years ago with an email address that no longer exists, the system recognises me as already being registered so won’t allow me to register again!

I can’t be sure what I did to get it but I definitely didn’t do 10 X 7.5 hour courses, I already had a HGV DQC (the first “free” one given to all old gits) when I took my PCV test so I might have got the bus stuff added to my card when I did the PCV mod 4

I hold both catergories PCV and LGV. I’ve just checked online and it shows cpc for both running out on the same date.

I’ve only ever done LGV based courses, rules and regulations and similar, all LGV based.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk