Cpc

Hi everyone looking for answers I past my car test in 1996 I passed my pcv in 2003 I’ve done my theory and hazards now got my class c test on the 9 th of sep can I just do the 35 hrs cpc or do I have to do the computer based one and then module 4■■

Thanks Dave

You can do the 35 hours - you may be able to get some of that credited from your driving course. It’s possible you may have the option to go through the initial qualification route ie module 2 and module 4. This is a newish rule and, because of that, the system isn’t coping very well with it. Your trainer will be able to tell you if this is an easy option for you or not. It’s a simple computer check.

Best of luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Peter am thinking the 35 hr just coz the time it’s taking getting test so I would have to book module 2 then hope pass my test on the 9th then book module 4 is this correct?

I am not sure but as you are doing class 2 you may as well do case studies which is computer based one and mod 4 like you said this will only cost you 300 all in where as 35 hours of cpc is a lot more, to my knowledge.

But is it more time consuming doing it that way were if I do the 35 hrs it’s done in a week plus say I fail module 2 it’s just the waiting for Re test?

Like ash said, it’ll cost you more for the 35hours than to do Mod 2 & 4. Mod 2
Is £24 (having just passed mine) at your local dvla test centre (where you go for car theory tests). MOD 4 is about shopping around for as some “middlemen” companies are charging astronomical prices. The cheapest I’ve found in my is £250, I’m sure if I looked deeper or agreed to travel further (from Gloucester) I could probably find it even less.

Hope this helps
Sam

Yea I see what your saying thanks ash Sam and Peter I’ll have a good phone round tomorrow

It may cost less to do the 35 hours if you get dcpc hours for the LGV practical C and CE training because most training schools that offer this just add enough to cover their dcpc costs

SBenn:
Like ash said, it’ll cost you more for the 35hours than to do Mod 2 & 4. Mod 2
Is £24 (having just passed mine) at your local dvla test centre (where you go for car theory tests). MOD 4 is about shopping around for as some “middlemen” companies are charging astronomical prices. The cheapest I’ve found in my is £250, I’m sure if I looked deeper or agreed to travel further (from Gloucester) I could probably find it even less.

Hope this helps
Sam

I don’t see that doing Mod 2 & Mod 4 is cheaper than the 35 hours. You’ve just quoted £250 for Mod 4 and £24 for Mod 2 - that’s £1 cheaper than I charge for 35 hours periodic training. Plus a LOT won’t pass Mod 2 & 4 without some kind of training.

To answer the OP - do the 35 hours. This will make sure you are up to date with the latest legislation etc before hitting the workplace.

Shep I’ve just had a quote for £65 a day for 5 day so like you say if I fail then it would cost me more than doing the 35 hrs…

david70136:
Shep I’ve just had a quote for £65 a day for 5 day so like you say if I fail then it would cost me more than doing the 35 hrs…

£65 a day for five days makes it £50 more than I charge - surely they can discount a bit further for a five day course?

Is that for a Monday to Friday or five separate dates?

It’s 5 separate dates doing this sun Monday then Wednesday then another 2 days the week after