CPC Modules

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help as i’m confused about these CPC Modules, i’m working for Bibby’s at Magna Park at the moment of which i’m about to leave to do class 1 work as i passed it about 5 weeks ago, i have had 1 days training or 7 hours CPC so far which i did last year all about Drivers Hours, most of the lads here have had the next 7 hours this year of which i understand it was all about the vehicle, weights, loading etc, i was hoping to have done it before i left but i’ve missed out, so anyway, i’am confused about exactly what Modules i need to pass to complete my 35 Hours CPC and the cost, is there a website which explains everything, any help much appreciated

There are no set modules for periodic driver cpc

You can choose any 5 X 7 hours to make the 35 required

In some cases certain courses can count for more - ADR can count for 21 (or more) if the course is dcpc approved

You could go to the JAUPT site to find courses or you could google driver cpc and your location to see what comes up and then call the companies offering them to see what they can offer

You have to decide whether you are looking for specific courses which you want to do and accept the cost or whether you simply want to get the hours in as cheap as possible in which case do any cheap course and do it more than once if that works out to be the cheapest - YOUR CHOICE

Hi. It’s very easy once you know how the system works! You have to complete 35 hours as you know. You’ve done 7 which clearly leaves 28. You can do any combination of courses, including repeating courses and they will automatically clock up against your driver number. Once the 35hrs are done, you’ll receive your Driver Qualification Card within a week. This will be valid until Sept 2019 regardless of when you complete your training as long as it’s before Sept 2014.

The official website is drivercpc-periodictraining.o … es-courses

Costs vary but the mega cheap are around £30 per day and, at the other end of the scale you can pay £180 per day. There is a DSA charge of £8.75 which is often levied seperately so watch out for that. Also the VAT is often excluded in quoted prices.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

To Rog and Peter many many thanks for your replies thats helped me alot, yes i knew an ADR course counted towards your 35 hours but i didn’t know you could repeat courses if need be just to clock up to 35 hours and also once you did your 35 hours you get the Qualification card which lasts until 2019, so once again thanks chaps!! :smiley: