An original Friderici K100 under restoration

doh

A photo I took in Germany down towards the Basel frontier circa 1975.

robert1952:
A-J! You mentioned adjustable American trailors. I used to pull this American-built Strick frigo trailer in the early '80s (picture below). It had a rear bogie that you could adjust to become a wide spread-axle set-up if you wanted. I never saw it adjusted.

But all these adjustable items: sliding trailer bogies, sliding trailer pin, sliding unit turntable, unit turntable height etc etc were only any good if they were constantly maintained. When I worked for Breda Transport of Holland, I had for a while an Actros with an adjustable turntable height. If you didn’t use it every week it just seized up and became inopperable! Robert :slight_smile:

Hey Robert, keep your weight in balance and greased by triple solutions.

tiptop495:

robert1952:
A-J! You mentioned adjustable American trailors. I used to pull this American-built Strick frigo trailer in the early '80s (picture below). It had a rear bogie that you could adjust to become a wide spread-axle set-up if you wanted. I never saw it adjusted.

But all these adjustable items: sliding trailer bogies, sliding trailer pin, sliding unit turntable, unit turntable height etc etc were only any good if they were constantly maintained. When I worked for Breda Transport of Holland, I had for a while an Actros with an adjustable turntable height. If you didn’t use it every week it just seized up and became inopperable! Robert :slight_smile:

Thank you Doctor, that was just the advice I’ve been hoping for all evening!! :laughing: Robert

Eric, shame on you, too strong for Robert…while I am running out of West-Vleteren,
but allow him some genuine Liefmans!!! Like smooth diesel/gas oil through the vains

ERF-Continental:
Eric, shame on you, too strong for Robert…while I am running out of West-Vleteren,
but allow him some genuine Liefmans!!! Like smooth diesel/gas oil through the vains

’ oh that’s why I did so many German ale ■■■■ loads for Britain, so not a 12 degree for them of the Belgian Father’s . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Eric,

It’s always a pleasant surprise to see a kenworth in France or Belgium & Luxembourg I know the dealer was in Strasbourg ,quite a few times I’ve been in a French town and heard a jake brake and thought ooh a British lorry coming but no just a mighty kenworth to my surprise .

tiptop495:

robert1952:

I enjoyed one of those last month when spending a few days in Belgium also triple Brugge and a couple more as well as a few house beers which were very nice
cheers Johnnie

sammyopisite:

tiptop495:

robert1952:

I enjoyed one of those last month when spending a few days in Belgium also triple Brugge and a couple more as well as a few house beers which were very nice
cheers Johnnie

Cheers Johnnie, Lukily something we have still and isn’t closed down and moved to the East :smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing:

Eric,

Dan Punchard:
It’s always a pleasant surprise to see a kenworth in France or Belgium & Luxembourg I know the dealer was in Strasbourg ,quite a few times I’ve been in a French town and heard a jake brake and thought ooh a British lorry coming but no just a mighty kenworth to my surprise .

We’re hauling out of the high country at the moment so I have no choice but to listen to a Jake Break for about 7 hours a day…

I used to drag a Great Dane fridge van when I was in the U.S.of A. At that time nearly every state had different weight laws and just about every time I crossed a state line it would involve sliding the trailer bogie either back or forward to change the weight distribution. If you got it wrong they would fine you then make you have another go. You could have as many goes as you liked, just keep paying the fine…

Jeff…

A typical Swedish set-up of the period, with the trailer bogie well back.

Nice one Robert! The Volvo is Ivans åkeri from Malmö in the South of Sweden and they did M/E in 70-80is. Search Ivans åkeri on youtube :smiley:
The T Scania is Stjärnsröms from Nykvarn out side Södertälje,they were doing M/E and North Africa aswell for along time.
Both companys are still trading,Ivans i think is doing Italy and Stjärnströms are goning everywere,but almost al UNITAs are est,lt,lv…

Danne

Another Friderici wagon.
Oily

Found a picture of some Kenworth K-series Aerodyne parked next to a Volvo of Gentenaar
of then Baambrugge, one of the early Dutch transportcompanies in the tankbusiness.