image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Ron, nice collection there mate, better organised than my stuff. I particularly like the cab over Pete with the pipe load. I assume they are all 1:50 scale. No doubt you’re looking at a few bob there, I know from my own experience. But it’s for spending, right?

On reflection, I think it’s more likely a Kenworth.

Eddie Heaton:
On reflection, I think it’s more likely a Kenworth.

Your right 1/50 scale
It is a Kenworth in Air Products livery and the load is not pipes but containers for Air Products
I also have about 40 EFE models OO scale that have never been out of their boxes (trucks @ buses)

Nice collection mate,wish I had space,down to 1 bed flat these days. :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

I thought the colour scheme looked familiar Ron but I couldn’t put a name to it, and now that you’ve put me right on the load, I can make out the rounded ends on the cylinders. Did you acquire the American stuff in the states? as I don’t recall ever coming across them at any of the toy fairs I’ve been to.

I like the tank freight E series and the ferry masters 4000 very nice indeed .

Hi Eddie,

I had this Kenworth on trial for two weeks in Saudi when I was driving the Saviem on internals. I think it had a 290 ■■■■■■■ in, so it was way more powerful than the 230 Saviem. But the huge advantage was that as you were heading back for Dammam out of Riyadh, there was a long slog climb, not steep, just relentless. In summer, even empty, the Saviem couldn’t get higher than about fifth low without overheating. The KW temperature gauge, even fully loaded, with the built in air conditioning full on, didn’t flicker! Oh I loved that truck. I think it was about £35,000, but that may be a false memory.

However, I was talked out of it by the then transport manager, Peter Best, who reasoned that I wouldn’t make any more money with that than with the Saviem, and also that we had no conception of how long the good times would roll.

Yes, I wish I’d bought it!

John.

Hi John, nice looking rig that. I’ve never driven one or even sat in the cab of one for that matter but I’ve always liked the look of the cabovers. It would appear overall length constraints were prioritised over fuel economy when compared to the more aerodynamically designed conventionals. John, why not put a few photos up somewhere of Andy’s railway layout. I for one would find them very interesting. You could probably get away with it if you included a few trucks in the diorama. Cheers. Eddie.

Dan Punchard:

The ones you named were hand built models (very heavy all metal) also the rank hovis and T45 team Leyland
Made by A Smith Models of Camberley don’t know if they are still there could not find the on the Net … I rang them to ask if I could buy some of their models but they said no and that they only did limited runs of at least 50 for firms to give their customers as promotions . I got round this by hearing of a contact who was the storekeeper at ERF dealers in Brighouse . He got 5 for me but they were expensive at the time I got them . I sold AMEY Roadstone 8 wheel Foden to a chap in North of Scotland … I used to pick up models wherever I travelled I got two from when Caterpillar factory near Motherwell was closing down and I was loading some stuff out of there for France and a couple from a model shop in Trier Germany while on holiday
Your collection is very impressive are you still collecting ?
Cheers From Ron
P.S.Have you googled Van Bentum truck photos (now there’s a fleet that must be a world beater)

Dan Punchard:

Hi dan ,did you like some of my models,been in touch with Stephen hill,he’s going to sort me out with a weigher,regards graham

Eddie Heaton:
I thought the colour scheme looked familiar Ron but I couldn’t put a name to it, and now that you’ve put me right on the load, I can make out the rounded ends on the cylinders. Did you acquire the American stuff in the states? as I don’t recall ever coming across them at any of the toy fairs I’ve been to.

A model shop was closing down in Southport they had the Kenworth and a Seddon artic tipper I sold the seddon

Have a look on cranes etc on utube ,you could find it interesting if you like models :wink:

Ron shacklady:

Eddie Heaton:

A model shop was closing down in Southport they had the Kenworth and a Seddon artic tipper I sold the seddon

Would you consider letting the Kenworth go Ron? I might be interested. PM me. Cheers, Eddie.

seth 70:
Have a look on cranes etc on utube ,you could find it interesting if you like models :wink:

Much obliged for the info Seth, very interesting site, although some of the prices make your eyes water. Cheers. Eddie.