An entertaining run in with Tesco heavies (security men)

amamdada:

bjd:
Tempting as it may be to just land one on the idiots the power of the printed word is a far more effective way to handle situations of this nature as luke said earlier he retained the upper hand intelligence over brawn will win every time

Yeah I acknowledge what you say mate and to be fair you are probably right,I do try to do the right thing in the main but unfortunately like most people I have a tip over point and people like that security guard seem to trigger it quicker than most,Still on the subject of the printed word I cant help feeling having the word ‘Buckler’ stamped on his forehead would satisfy both approaches.

i couldn’t agree more in my younger days that would have happened without doubt but with age i think you mellow and realise it dont solve it

new rules when parking at Tesco on entry to cab LOCK door as soon as Muppet tries to open door ring plod and claim hijacking in progress :open_mouth: watch plod arrive in force :grimacing:

switchlogic:

amamdada:
I would’nt even go for a pony in tesco’s and once Mr security guard has his hand on my truck door handle trying to rob me with his two accomplices as it was dark and I did not know that they were security guards as far as I am concerned I am entitled to give him a mouthful of Buckler steel toe cap safety boot as he would be standing at the ideal height to recieve it.

Yes but this way I retain the upper hand! Always stay calm I say. Nowadays with social media you’ve a chance of making it a much bigger problem for them than a few bruises

spot on :grimacing: :laughing:

shame your camera wasnt running

Lets make every 1st of March national 45 minute break in a tesco car-park day!! :laughing:

There’s a lesson to be learnt here, lock ya doors when your in in the cab, then you have the pleasure of looking down on morons like this…Kinda put yourself a risk there leaving the door unlocked…
Could have been someone hijacking your rig

He proceeds to tell me ‘the police are waiting over there to charge you with burglary’ that I’ve ‘been banned from every Tesco in the country’ and that ‘so have all the trucks belonging to the company you work for’.

Did you at least have some fun and challenge this at the time either with the law or the store manager :grimacing:

All this macho bravado :laughing: there were 3 of em ffs !
I’m a big lad, but I learned a long time ago the hard way, that you don’t try and fight numbers, which is why I have what looks like a Nike logo on the side of my shaved head (scar) caused by a boot going in.

sounds like the way u get treated in most of there fantastically run r.d.c…holes good luck with the cause :smiley:

This is why I never leave my doors unlocked. Morons.

Where exactly were you parked ?

switchlogic:

robroy:
I agree with everything you have put on this subject Luke. It’s disgusting that a customer was treat in that way.
Just because you drive a truck, and in their eyes have the audacity to use their parking facilities, they look upon you as a Second class citizen.
Send a letter to the manager of the store and a copy to the Tesco chairman see if you get any feedback.

Tesco are involved, I did a running commentary on twitter and when you’ve a decent amount of followers they tend to take you seriously. People often slag off the likes of twitter but I’ve had lots of good results from complaining on there!

I always use Twitter for complaining, once you get a few followers replying with hashtags the person you’re complaining about soon takes notice

It ain’t just Tesco Thurrock that is anti truck, it’s all of Thurrock from the Council down.
About 10yrs or so ago the whole of that area was rammed with overnight parked trucks, and Tesco restaurant was always full of drivers, I was a regular there myself and in the shop while waiting for a trailer out of Purfleet. It seems they would rather not have us low life driving types as their customers

crikey,Thurrock and the surrounding areas like Grays etc would benefit form being overrun with trucks to bring the area up a few notches.

switchlogic:
No I agree Puntabrava. They use third party security anyhow, but I thought Tesco should know about the people they have working for them.

I am taking it further. I’ll be firing off that link in a few emails tomorrow. It was all so unnecessary, all I want to do is get my shopping, put it away and be gone. Something I’ve done many times at that store. Its their stinking attitude that prompted this. If he’d been reasonable and polite from start you wouldn’t be reading this.

I agree 100% with you Luke. That is no way at all for them (the security) to speak or treat people. Moreso a customer, and to be honest i think that would catch anyone on the hop, i.e you wouldn’t expect to attract that level of vitriol for parking up to do a bit of shopping.

amamdada:
crikey,Thurrock and the surrounding areas like Grays etc would benefit form being overrun with trucks to bring the area up a few notches.

I avoid placez like that like the plague. Only go in if I have enough time tk get away again. As for spending my money there, I’d rather ■■■■ razor blades…

Mike-C:

switchlogic:
No I agree Puntabrava. They use third party security anyhow, but I thought Tesco should know about the people they have working for them.

I am taking it further. I’ll be firing off that link in a few emails tomorrow. It was all so unnecessary, all I want to do is get my shopping, put it away and be gone. Something I’ve done many times at that store. Its their stinking attitude that prompted this. If he’d been reasonable and polite from start you wouldn’t be reading this.

I agree 100% with you Luke. That is no way at all for them (the security) to speak or treat people. Moreso a customer, and to be honest i think that would catch anyone on the hop, i.e you wouldn’t expect to attract that level of vitriol for parking up to do a bit of shopping.

Mike-C Your comments would certainly resonate with a moral or ethical company which unfortunately Tesco is no more hence the love affair they have enjoyed over the past few years with Joe public is well and truly over.
I wonder if Tescos expect their security suppliers to pay them incentives like there food suppliers could explain the security guards bad attitude especially if they are a smaller firm and have just been leant on to up their incentive payment,

If time permitted, I would have gone back into the shop with my shopping, insisted upon seeing the shop manager at one of the checkouts because I had a serious complaint, made my complaint about his security staff and demanded a refund on all my now unwanted shopping. All in a very loud voice.

Reading this, one thing I will recommend as soon as you start getting into a heated debate with security anywhere, make sure you get your phone out and start to record it and let them know you are recording it. In the instances here, it sounds that security well and truly overstepped the mark of there powers. Watch them back off or down like a flash!

Sounds like a trio of gorillas with brain damage. :unamused:

amamdada:
Hate Tesco’s with a passion these days not the day to day staff as such but just the arrogant bullying management.
avoid them like the plague these days we wont spend a single penny of our hard earned with a bunch of charlatans and crooks.

+1

nick2008:
new rules when parking at Tesco on entry to cab LOCK door as soon as Muppet tries to open door ring plod and claim hijacking in progress :open_mouth: watch plod arrive in force :grimacing:

:lol::lol:

Terry T:
This is why I never leave my doors unlocked. Morons.

+1

What more would you expect from Tescos. The security guard is probably on less money than the shelf stacker because there job is too complicated for him to hand…

Should have recorded it on your mobile phone as it would have been Interesting addition to your blog and Twitter feed.

I think I would politely debated that ‘if the police is waiting to charge me with burglary I had better wait for them to come over as I don’t want to be seen to be running from the scene of the crime’. If you think I have stolen anything I had better pop into the store and have a chat with the store manager as well…

From a point of law for future reference as we know they were blagging the situation to try and scare you… The police don’t charge people on the spot… They might have a reason to talk to you, but would have to arrest first, detain you at the police station, interview you, take direction from a senior officer, probably then bail you while further investigation take place and then recall you if they were ever to charge you… As you know non of that was ever going to happen…

Anyway when are you going to be shopping there next… Lol