Am I a tightwad for doing this?

I’d just like some opinions please,

I was being tipped this morning and I noticed a discarded McDonald’s hot drink cup laying on the floor. So I walk over and pick it up, and sure enough it’s still got the sticker on it for a free drink,

Now I don’t go rifling through the bins on my travels, but this isn’t the first time I’ve peeled a sticker off a discarded cup!

I don’t know whether it’s people’s sheer laziness or stupidity that they leave them on the cup but it’s me that’ll be laughing when I get my next free latte!

So does anyone else have the same mindset when it comes to stuff like this?

Regards

D 'Bear

Have you thought about working on the highways? :wink:

No I do it too.
Also I pick lost wheel trims up from the roadside,earn a few bob from selling them on eBay over the years.not the cheap ones the manufactures originals,just got £15 for a vw Passat one.
Would you leave £15 on the floor■■? That’s how I see it.
My wife however thinks I’m a bit of a steptoe type :smiley:

Got to love the free coffee scam, I have managed 11 free drinks from the same free drink voucher so far :smiley:

Just need one more and I have another two vouchers for free coffees.

DA DA DA DE DA MMMMMM I’M LOVIN’ IT

I must admit that i and another guy[both in our 60s] who work part time in the mines collect discarded drink cans.Here in Sweden they have a deposit of 1 kroner,big bottles 2kr[£1 -10kr].About every 3 months we take them in and collect the deposit Money,last time it was about £35 which we spent on a slap up meal for the two of us.People throw Money away so easily now.
I remember my grandfather Always saying ‘‘look after the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves’’.

Couldn’t be like it myself… :blush: :blush:
Although mines tea.

You need the stickers for the free drink :laughing:

I used to drive a rolonoff skip loader on local authority civic amenity site work at one time.

Long before recycling became the norm used to strap the better dumped colour telly’s to the lorry fuel tank and me TV engineer mate would fix them up if possible flog 'em on and we’d share the proceeds…big market in used colour telly’s back in the day cos unless you bought a new colour you could get away with a black and white licence for years, so they tell me… :smiling_imp:
Car batteries too, oh dear how sad the tips were open to all then overnight but i’d be picking the first bins up before the non travellers got out of bed… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It is astonishing how long the throwaway society has been going on, more bloody money than sense, or rather too easy credit for too long and look where that ends up.

Yes i too grab any McD coffee stickers going… :sunglasses:

I have a similar thing going on but with roadkill [emoji4]

Can’t beat a nice rabbit roast or hedgehog casserole el gratis after a hard days tipping.The meat has to be fresh,preferably still warm.I ain’t no scruff when it comes to what goes in my cooking pot [emoji14]

I have lots and lots of McDonald’s coffee stickers…

Honked:
You need the stickers for the free drink :laughing:

Do I ? Where are they then ? Bugger I should pay more attention.

bald bloke:

Honked:
You need the stickers for the free drink [emoji38]

Do I ? Where are they then ? Bugger I should pay more attention.

Hahaha you might want to pm x Chris pmsl

Ha, I do this too. Always look to see if a cup I happen upon has the sticker

xichrisxi:
I have lots and lots of McDonald’s coffee stickers…

The obvious question is where did these come from? :laughing:

BeakFreak81:

Can’t beat a nice rabbit roast or hedgehog casserole el gratis after a hard days tipping.The meat has to be fresh,preferably still warm.I ain’t no scruff when it comes to what goes in my cooking pot [emoji14]

How do you cook your hedgehog ? (now we’ll see if his talking b/s :laughing: )

HaHa you got me there.Course i’m talking rubbish.I may be a tipper driver but i can still afford to visit the butchers on a weekly basis [emoji2]

raymundo:

BeakFreak81:

We used to bake 'em in mud when I was in “The Regiment”. Bugger, blown my cover now! :smiley:

Nothing wrong with a bit of wombling. When Tescos did an offer where you got a voucher on your receipt for money off your next shop, I’d often see people picking receipts up in the car parks.

the maoster:

raymundo:

BeakFreak81:

We used to bake 'em in mud when I was in “The Regiment”. Bugger, blown my cover now! :smiley:

If done properly you use clay which goes hard and does not fall off as easy as mud, then you crack it like you would a hard boiled egg and the skin and prickles came away in lumps leaving the meat. Taught to me by true Romany’s years ago when I was about 8, they used to stay every year for a couple of weeks just down the way from us and had a son the same age as me.

raymundo:
If done properly you use clay which goes hard and does not fall off as easy as mud, then you crack it like you would a hard boiled egg and the skin and prickles came away in lumps leaving the meat. Taught to me by true Romany’s years ago when I was about 8, they used to stay every year for a couple of weeks just down the way from us and had a son the same age as me.

Ray Mears is in the house! :laughing: