What a dick i am

just done a delivery to a big warehouse cant say what one. pulled on to loading bay as instructed goes to transport office they said they need the truck keys, mmmm thinking to myself if i give them the keys then i cant listen to the radio or open any windows… so i go to the cab get my CAR keys out my bag hand them to the transport office, ok thanks drive we will give you a call when tipped, off i trot back to my cab with a little smurk and giggle to myself.
i sit there for about 2 hours listening to the radio truck keys in the ignition, green light comes on the bay door so i go into transport office collect my paperwork that was waiting for me all stamped … right then off i go to my next delivery some 50 minuets later im doing well no traffic all the traffic is on the other side of the motorway. my stomach just came into my mouth oooooohhhhhh my god my CAR KEYS
yes youve guesed it i left my bloody car keys with the transport office,
im not kidding it cost me over 3 hours to get back to where i was until i remembered. it was also very embarissing when i got to the transport office asked them can i have my truck keys please. where have you been he said with a grim look he wasnt ammused… uummm aaa uuummmm.

i thought i would share this with you.im not saying i wont do this again but i will definatly be collecting my keys after being tipped … anyone else done anything embarissing and time consuming

john

ive never done it myself but you wont be the first or the last to do it.
one guy i knew was over 2 hours away when he realised what he had done and because he had enough driving time he went back to fetch his car keys.
when he got there the goods in guy told him he had done a bad thing by swapping the keys and because he had thought they was a spare set for the truck he had put them in a jiffy bag and posted them back to the company. :open_mouth:
three days later the car keys turned up (second class) and it cost the lad a few quid in taxis because he did,nt have a spare set of car keys.

perhaps i got away lightly that would be a nightmare

ALWAYS leave an old set of keys, never your car keys DOH!!!

Coddy:

Yes, and don’t ever leave them a set for a BMW, VW, Lotus or Skoda cos even the dumbest ZB in goods in will work that one out :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Coddy:

Yes, and don’t ever leave them a set for a BMW, VW, Lotus or Skoda cos even the dumbest ZB in goods in will work that one out :laughing:

But as you are well aware Malc Skoda do (or did) make trucks.

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

Coddy:

But as you are well aware Malc Skoda do (or did) make trucks.

Yes, but not many are tipping in South Elmsall :laughing:

you could`ve back onto the bay and not opened the trailer doors

Just give the correct keys in next time…and stop being a selfish idiot…If ya want to listen to something get yourself an MP3 player…

peirre:

been there done that :blush:

or like someone else you could have taken the box on back to front didnt realize it was the wrong way till backing on the bay

One of our lot got tipped and drove up to the transport office to get his keys. He wasn’t invited back :laughing: :laughing:

SuperSmiley:
Just give the correct keys in next time…and stop being a selfish idiot…If ya want to listen to something get yourself an MP3 player…

How is this selfish ? :confused:… Do tell… :unamused:

I always keep an old set of truck keys to hand in. Its not selfish why should you give them your keys and sit in a waiting room whilst they then have access to all your stuff, I dont trust them so thats why I do it.

HAIRYGORILLA:

peirre:

been there done that :blush:

or like someone else you could have taken the box on back to front didnt realize it was the wrong way till backing on the bay

Me too. :blush: :blush:

Goaty:

SuperSmiley:

How is this selfish ? :confused:… Do tell… :unamused:

Oh yes,do tell. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

SuperSmiley:
If ya want to listen to something get yourself an MP3 player…

An MP3 player - something else to buy, keep charged, drop, programme, lose, get nicked, arse around with, etc - but wiv traffic reports too? That’s some toy, but some of us are content to simply drive with the basic tools & not have to be Gadget Man.

Goaty:
‘…How is this selfish?..’

Goaty, it’s so that he can have a clear run home when we without a special toy are stuck in a jam.

simple answer when you are ordered to hand your keys in is a polite “NO”.
then write on your POD, “load refused”. take it back to where you picked it up and get paid double.

limeyphil:
simple answer when you are ordered to hand your keys in is a polite “NO”.
then write on your POD, “load refused”. take it back to where you picked it up and get paid double.

A cracking idea Phil. I’d love to know if anyone’s done it and still been paid for the job !

You ■■■■■
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You can get a Apple Nano…(cheap versions also available off ebay)…very light, and you just simply drag and drop…it’s a no-brainer

When you give the keys in it’s for the safety of the warehouse staff…cos drivers have done very silly things before…and people have got very seriously hurt…if not given a wooden box as a leaving present…I’m not saying you would do such silly things…but nobody is perfect…better safe than sorry…
Handing in your keys was introduced for the fun of it…there is usually a history and reason behind it…The warehouse folks lives and health are worth much more than drivers behind able to listen to the radio…

As far as getting your gear nicked…then bloody don’t leave stuff on display…and if it turns out your not going to return to it soon…then get the keys back and lock it…