Free coffee when fuelling

Isnt it time the MSAs garage n fuel stops had the good grace to say ," wanna coffee/tea driver", being as youve just put £150 - £200 ++ through the till for them, I mostly fill up at BP / Keyfuels, and have dropped subtle hints , like “spose a nice hot coffee`s in with the price eh?” usualle answered with a shrug or a laugh!!. It used to be the norm when i was “over the water”, usually got a bikky too lol.
Maybe we should start a petition on facebook ! :confused: :laughing:

about 2 years ago i was up ■■■■■■■ way and was offered a coffee whilst I paid for the fuel, I bet they must be more around, lets compose a list.

pooky:
Isnt it time the MSAs garage n fuel stops had the good grace to say ," wanna coffee/tea driver", being as youve just put £150 - £200 ++ through the till for them, I mostly fill up at BP / Keyfuels, and have dropped subtle hints , like “spose a nice hot coffee`s in with the price eh?” usualle answered with a shrug or a laugh!!. It used to be the norm when i was “over the water”, usually got a bikky too lol.
Maybe we should start a petition on facebook ! :confused: :laughing:

I think youl find those sort of courtesses are onl’y extended to truckers when over the water.After all that sort of action would come under the heading of humane treatment which in my 30+yrs on the road is taboo in the uk.Thats why i was always happier over the water,better treatment,better food,cheap or free parking,and safer.
regards dave.

Junction 38 truckstop on the m6 offer you coffee, i was only doing a trailer change and was offered one…though i dont drink the stuff

In Norway, if you visit a Statoil fuel station, you can buy one of there Statoil stainless coffee mugs.

I think the cost was around a tenner. This allows unlimited coffee fill ups for a year, at any Statoil station.

Ideal for repeat business,

Ferryman

I noticed yesterday something at Ferrybridge yesterday about when fuelling with 200LTRS or more that a driver gets £5 off a meal or something along those lines??

I think we mentioned this subject once before and remember how tearful I became when I was told Granthouse had closed so it was an end to the free Mars bar :frowning:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Many fuel stops on the continent will give you a free coffee or a discount voucher to use in the resturaunt, over in the USA all the major chains offer a rewards card, you swipe it at the pump as you fuel, it gives you a free coffee/drink & a shower or two each time, they also send vouchers out by mail to the address that the card is registered to, an average driver will get $200 a year this way, you can use it to buy wi-fi or in the online store to buy crap you dont really need, Euroshell & Total used to do similar things in France in the 90s, maybe they still do? It’s a good idea, I always use a particular truckstop chain to get my fuel, they all offer the rewards schemes, but no point in having a wallet full of cards & if I find myself in a truckstop that I have no shower voucher for I just ask for one on the CB, another driver will almost always have a spare on his card.

Wheel Nut:
I think we mentioned this subject once before and remember how tearful I became when I was told Granthouse had closed so it was an end to the free Mars bar :frowning:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: yeah, they sometimes even gave you a free cuppa too if they were in a good mood

I know that Todhills Shell and Forth Bridge Shell Services give a free coffee when you fill up.

No they should not be offering free Coffee, thats just an excuse for arrogant drivers to hog the pumps, bad enough now with some taking breaks at the pumps, dont encourage morre FFS!!

r900ver:
I know that Todhills Shell and Forth Bridge Shell Services give a free coffee when you fill up.

Shell at Sourton Cross and at Ilminster do the same ( over 200 litres IIRC)

Years ago I used to go to Scotland each week, Dundee, Aberdeen, Elgin, Inverness and down to Fort William and Oban would come up regular. I never used to go in the main fuel stops, the independant ones which Im sure are will be all gone now used to give you whatever you were wanting to buy, like a can of coke, sandwich and mars bar if you had put a fair bit of fuel in your tank. I thought it was decent and a really nice thing to do. I would always try and go back to that station even if I didn’t want a drink or food whilst fuelling up, but they would still give you something. It’s good practive.

BP @ Bradbury, nr Sedgefield, Co Durham gives a free coffee with fuel if you ask for it, (they dont advertise the fact so dont shout about it lol)

The Teboil stations where I usually fill up give you a coffee and sandwich when you fill up with over 200 - 250L. It varies somewhat between the individual places, and with how much diesel you actually put in.

koffie gratis and a gehaktstaaf met mosterd, it’s the law :laughing:

newmercman:
Many fuel stops on the continent will give you a free coffee or a discount voucher to use in the resturaunt, over in the USA all the major chains offer a rewards card, you swipe it at the pump as you fuel, it gives you a free coffee/drink & a shower or two each time, they also send vouchers out by mail to the address that the card is registered to, an average driver will get $200 a year this way, you can use it to buy wi-fi or in the online store to buy crap you dont really need, Euroshell & Total used to do similar things in France in the 90s, maybe they still do? It’s a good idea, I always use a particular truckstop chain to get my fuel, they all offer the rewards schemes, but no point in having a wallet full of cards & if I find myself in a truckstop that I have no shower voucher for I just ask for one on the CB, another driver will almost always have a spare on his card.

I suspect I use the same chain, Mark. If you go to the driver services machine and apply for another card in another name, then take your card and the piece of paper the machine gives you to the fuel desk and get them linked then you will get a double helping of coffees and showers, and if you go over 150 gallons in the US, or 600 litres in Canada, then you get double again- 4 coffees and 4 showers. I bought a 34 oz cup from there and I get my thermos (34oz) and cup (34oz) filled up twice for every fuelling. As I use most of the 150 gallons every day I am seldom short of a caffeine infusion.

bobthedog:

newmercman:

I suspect I use the same chain, Mark. If you go to the driver services machine and apply for another card in another name, then take your card and the piece of paper the machine gives you to the fuel desk and get them linked then you will get a double helping of coffees and showers, and if you go over 150 gallons in the US, or 600 litres in Canada, then you get double again- 4 coffees and 4 showers. I bought a 34 oz cup from there and I get my thermos (34oz) and cup (34oz) filled up twice for every fuelling. As I use most of the 150 gallons every day I am seldom short of a caffeine infusion.

I’ll be doing that then, cheers Rob, I normally fill every other day & get 220-250gals at a time so should get enough coffee from that to keep me going for a while :wink:

In Poland is very common that if you fill with 200 l of fuel, you have free meal in the restaurant.

First example from google:
pizzabp.pl/tir.php

200l - free lunch (but “lunch” in Polish is something more than in UK, it’s rather like your dinner, usually two course hot meal).
300l - free lunch and shower.

And parking is usually free, as far as I am concerned.

I have to tell you one thing: If we are talking about garages and truckstops, that would be (propably only) reason why I would choose Poland over UK to drive there.

Crooklands,J36 M6 usually offer you a coffee.I’ve filled up a time or two at the BP station on the A17 E/bound at Heckington(?) and been given a small nosebag (Mars bar,bag of crisps and a few boiled sweeties)