Adelaide Car Insurance

I’ve just had my insurance renewal quote, and it seems to be up around 20% from what I can make out for “red lining” reasons.

Had a quick look at the link, but I’m not happy sticking in my details online, so I’ll make a phone call in the next few days.
If I get fobbed off (no quote there and then on the phone!) then I probably won’t be sticking around, as I have a very short attention span. Either they can beat my quote, or they can’t. Registration with IAM and Being a C+E driver is supposed to be what makes this firm a cushy number from what I read, so let’s see if the quote goes sky-high once my personal details get bunged onto the END of proceedings!

I dunno about everyone else, but I object to paying over the odds just because there have been an “increase in claims in my area” which quite frankly I would not be believing in the first instance! This isn’t a sink estate, and I have not seen so much as a busted wing mirror on neighbourhood cars for some years now!

What I guess I’m looking for is a firm that can match my current quote, and then give me a discount on top of that for being C+E or joining some membership thing or whatever. A certain building society got my goat the other year because they promised to beat my incumbent renewal quote, and the moment I gave them my address, they DOUBLED it! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: They then reckoned they could still beat my current quote IF I took on a £1250 excess - WTF?? :open_mouth: :imp: :angry:

Rocketman:
Plus them being based in Ireland makes for a long trip if you need to go speak to some one face to face to sort out any problems or claims.

You are having a laugh, aintcha? When did anyone have to travel to meet someone face-to-face about an insurance claim?

Incidentally, why are you using Mike-C’s avatar?

I tried Adelaide for my renewal in May. Not only could they not beat my best quote from elsewhere, they couldn’t even match my renewal from my previous insurer. In fact, the nearest they got was £400 MORE!!

Needless to say, they didn’t get my business.

“I wrote” = Plus them being based in Ireland makes for a long trip if you need to go speak to some one face to face to sort out any problems or claims.

“Harry Monk wrote” = You are having a laugh, aintcha? When did anyone have to travel to meet someone face-to-face about an insurance claim?

“I wrote” = Well i am using a local insurance company who have a office where i can go to talk to some one if i have a problem, they were the cheapest quote with the lowest excess.

“Harry Monk wrote” = Incidentally, why are you using Mike-C’s avatar?

“I wrote” = I suppose great minds think alike thats why we independently picked the same avatar, and incidentally what has it to do with you which avatar i use ?

i couldnt be any happier with them, renewal came thru in may at £1760, adelaide have charged me £980 and thats including the finance charge

Rocketman:
“Harry Monk wrote” = Incidentally, why are you using Mike-C’s avatar?

“I wrote” = I suppose great minds think alike thats why we independently picked the same avatar, and incidentally what has it to do with you which avatar i use ?

Well,it’s just that an avatar is usually used as a personalisation and it’s generally considered to be bad form to use an avatar which somebody else is already using.

Harry I have used Bluefin for 30 years,excellent service.

Someone else on here is using my avatar too. I ain’t complaining because the guy has good taste and how do you argue with a guy with good taste

keebs26uk:
Someone else on here is using my avatar too. I ain’t complaining because the guy has good taste and how do you argue with a guy with good taste

Whereabouts in Ipswich is their ground? :stuck_out_tongue:

keebs26uk:
‘…Someone else on here is using my avatar too. I ain’t complaining because the guy has good taste and how do you argue with a guy with good taste…’

Off-post, it could be argued (trolled?) that living approx 200 miles from a glory team is arguably more sheeplike than ‘…good taste…’ - though I’d never allege such a thing :wink: