Adelaide Insurance.

Anybody use these for their car or bike?
They offer discounts to IAM approved drivers and LGV/PCV drivers too, just cant seem to find much feedback on them, Sometimes the cheaper cheap Ins Co’s aint worth it should ■■■ hit fan.

adelaideinsurance.com/

I’m with them for my car.

They asked me for best quote, so I shopped around, and they beat it, and also included legal cover, full european breakdown cover, no claims protection and IAM membership.

No idea what they’re like as I just pay the insurance to stay legal :grimacing:

Hope this helps

I use them for my car insurance. They saved me over £100 this year. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out how their claims department holds up…Friendly helpful staff, based in Ireland.

Hope it helps

After about 8 years with Admiral, in the last two years of which my premium went through the roof, I switched to Adelaide and my premium reduced from nearly £600 to £280.

It was very easy to set up, I gave them my phone number online and they called me early evening and set it all up over the phone.

As for making a claim, I don’t know, like so many others I simply hand over several hundred pounds for a piece of paper which I am legally required to have but which has never given me any benefit. The less I pay for that piece of paper the better.

However, Adelaide aren’t the insurer, just a broker, the insurer is Royal Sun and Alliance so I guess making a claim would be little different to claiming through any other broker.

I use Adelaide as well, they easily beat my renewal quote from direct line.

Will see how they compare again in November when renewal time comes.

What is IAM? How much it cost ■■ Wha does it do ? Lol sorry for hi-jackin ur post op jw :slight_smile:

Smoggie89:
What is IAM? How much it cost ■■ Wha does it do ? Lol sorry for hi-jackin ur post op jw :slight_smile:

Institute of Advanced Motoring.

Free to Join although I believe there are advanced membership options which are chargeable.

Can you join if u just have car or only hgv etc ■■ And to get back on topic I’ve heard these are good at beating quotes , wonder how old most the drivers are who have been getting good quotes tho? Ill be 23 by time my insurance is due I currently pay £1050 ( cheapest it’s ever been and with 4yrs ncb) I’m gunna give them a go and hopefully I can be paying a bit cheaper :slight_smile:

Take a look on their www.

I think that the discounts apply if you are HGV or PSV driver. But as they are a broker they will take anyone’s money :wink:

waynedl:
I’m with them for my car.

They asked me for best quote, so I shopped around, and they beat it, and also included legal cover, full european breakdown cover, no claims protection and IAM membership.

No idea what they’re like as I just pay the insurance to stay legal :grimacing:

Hope this helps

Exactly as waynedl says. They also gave me a superb quote on my buildings and contents insurance too.

beat my renewal quote by £800. couldnt be happier with them or the extras they thrown in too

simmy:
beat my renewal quote by £800. couldnt be happier with them or the extras they thrown in too

wow that’s almost my full insurance lol

Smoggie89:

simmy:

wow that’s almost my full insurance lol

It’s more than mine :open_mouth:

And I’m not happy paying what I pay, I’d be disgusted paying what either of you 2 pay.

My brother’s little one is 17 and got his 1st car, a fiat rollerskate thing, and his insurance was over 2 grand, and all has to be paid in a lump sum because you can’t enter a credit agreement until you’re 18 :open_mouth:

Cue tapping the family for dosh - he works, but who can save up that kinda cash?

totally uncompetitive on my car,won`t insure the bike :cry:

All they will do for me is basically match the lowest quote,or beat it by a penny , yeah you get FREE(included in the price) legal cover something that i have never used, or envisage using ,But free breakdown isn’t offered or wasn’t to me But they do claim to be able to provide it as an addon option for a fee ,

had them on the phone a couple of hours ago and they refused to quote me as I am retired.
They will only quote for working drivers according to the ■■■■■■■ the phone.

hi all,
cheap motor insurance is fine…until you make a claim :wink: :wink: :wink: .
regards andrew.

Have the car and bike with them and they were really competitive - tell them the best price you have got (and prove it if they thing you are lying) and they will try and beat it - I also am an IAM member so it has been good for me.

Just insured my wifes bike with them (she is a non IAM person) and they were as cheap as one of the unknown online people.

Be aware they change 2.75% fee for using your credit card but 0% if you use debit card.

pete 359:
hi all,
cheap motor insurance is fine…until you make a claim :wink: :wink: :wink: .
regards andrew.

I don’t think that necessarily is limited to cheap ones :frowning:

Ive just taken a year with em. Got my renewal down from 276 to 245 and that was with an SP10 i collected in 2008.
The insurance itself is actually with Royal Sun Alliance, The “Adelaide” tab is merely the broker or whatever its called.
RSA are a respected organisation and are under written by the insurance onbudsmen so they cant be that bad.
I also got the IAM mag through the post about 2 weeks ago but ive not bother looking at it as yet .