Adelaide Insurance.

Not sure of the best insurance broker but the worse by far is ‘Adrian Flux’, I only used them for one year but was totally ripped off by the ‘extras’ they failed to mention. The original quote was £380 fully comp, they asked if I would like to spread the payments over 10 months. I usually pay everything up front, by the time I’d paid them over the 10 months the total was just over £500, thats £120 extra just for spreading the payments. I’ve now gone back to the NFU (where I have my house/building insurance) and pay £320 fully comp (cheapest quote elswhere was £285) but I have a local NFU office where I can go to in the event I have a problem (no call centres).

Tiger.

I didnt like their attitude.
Refused to give me a quote, instead told me to phone around and they would beat any quote. Guy on phone got a bit shirty when I asked for his best quote so I went elsewhere.

Smoggie89:
Can you join if u just have car or only hgv etc ■■ And to get back on topic I’ve heard these are good at beating quotes , wonder how old most the drivers are who have been getting good quotes tho? Ill be 23 by time my insurance is due I currently pay £1050 ( cheapest it’s ever been and with 4yrs ncb) I’m gunna give them a go and hopefully I can be paying a bit cheaper :slight_smile:

Hey smoggie just gone with them im 24 with 5 years no claims and a skoda octavia vrs, £680 fully comp not too shabby in my eyes (quote was £995 from my previous “swift” insurer)
Hth

Car £240 tptf & bike fully comp £170, nobody came close

oddzpop:

Smoggie89:
Can you join if u just have car or only hgv etc ■■ And to get back on topic I’ve heard these are good at beating quotes , wonder how old most the drivers are who have been getting good quotes tho? Ill be 23 by time my insurance is due I currently pay £1050 ( cheapest it’s ever been and with 4yrs ncb) I’m gunna give them a go and hopefully I can be paying a bit cheaper :slight_smile:

Hey smoggie just gone with them im 24 with 5 years no claims and a skoda octavia vrs, £680 fully comp not too shabby in my eyes (quote was £995 from my previous “swift” insurer)
Hth

good that like I’ll deffo be giving them a ring when mine is due like

Havent had a chance to look though all the post so sorry if this has been mentioned but do you just have to hold a hgv licence or do you have to be working aswell, and what are they like with young drivers because i’m only 19 at the moment
Cheers,

MGR1610:
Havent had a chance to look though all the post so sorry if this has been mentioned but do you just have to hold a hgv licence or do you have to be working aswell, and what are they like with young drivers because i’m only 19 at the moment
Cheers,

Ask them - every quote will be different, and you don’t have to take it :sunglasses:

according to the girl I spoke to, you have to have a HGV/PSV and be using it.
However as they are ins brokers I imagine that they will quote for most.
having said that , they refused to quote me 'cos I am not working
worth a phone call surely?

I’m with them too. The bloke on the phone quoted me £327 and then asked is that ok? Knock it down to 300 I said and you got a deal. Couldn’t believe it when he said ok! Wish i said 250 now.

Regarding young drivers, my step son is a 21 yr old soldier who bought himself a VW Sirocco, so you can imagine the insurance quotes he was getting. He has his cat C licence so i told him to phone Adelaide and he was well chuffed. Can’t remember exactly what he paid but it was 3 figures rather than 4

You have to be working full time…Waste of time in my opinion.
Who wants to work full time?

not with adelaide but will give them ago next time around,

but i will stay way clear of swinton and advice all to do the same…

after about 4 years with swinton renewal came through and was approx £100 more then what was quoted by swinton on compare sites, the quotes on compare also included a £50 cash back offer which my renewal did,nt. So I got a cheaper quote and changed companies. 2 weeks later a letter arrived from new insurance saying that my insurance was cancellled as I had lied on the info. they had got in touch with swinton for the proof of no claims, of which I have full no claims having never being involved in accident or any claim. Swinton told them I had been in accident. when i challenged swinton on this i was told I had been in accident the previous winter. i asked for the claim details ect and was told no claim was made but someone had contacted them to say I was involved in accident. No further details were known and they did,nt even have a contact number or name of who had reported it, they just simply put it on the computer that i was in an accident. I have never been involved in any accident incident or anything on the road. now it as took ages to get this record removed and I still envisage having problems in the future. but people I have spoke with about this it seems I am not the only one with this similar problem involving swinton. all had their insurance with them for 2 years+.

Just renewed mine with them and saved £175 and got better cover than old policy :smiley: :smiley: , just hope they are as good next year at renewal time

very rare for me to stay with the same company more than 2 years.
New customers at a different company always get a better deal.
Just done ins for my next door neighbours, who are both in their late 70’s and have been with SAGA for years.
Sagas quote= 1375
on line with Admiral = 635
(no no-claim bounus as they backed into my new car ) :frowning:

Just renewed my car with them.

Elephant who i was with last year want £489
Compare the market cheapest was £268
Adelaide promised to beat any renewal i had so they quoted me £220.

Happy days. Thats fully comp with 12 years protected no claims on a 3 year old 2.0 petrol focus and im 36. Thats also with clean licence and i told them about my accident in the truck 2 years ago where a motorbike rode into the side of the unit. Its also with obstructive sleep apnoea.

just had my renewal from adelaide £560 fully comp 15+ years no claims protected, for my 03 vectra 3.2 v6, thats £160 more than what i payed last year, so went on compare the market, exact same details and was quoted £324, i be phoning adelaide to see wtf is going on

They knocked about £200 off my car insurance so I did my bike with them from £180 tpff to £120 fully comp. When I checked the documents they said tpff so I rung them up and said oi! I thought I was buying fully comp! It turned out to be an error so no problem they sent me out new documents, no hassle, no charge and lovely chap on the end of the phone who couldn’t be more apologetic. For that reason alone I’d use them again.

At first they where only offering the same price as the other cheapest quote i had had else where, but a little bit of haggling later i saved around £30 cover was virtually like for like, but £30 is better in my pocket than some greedy insurance companies

Called these up the other day for a quote I got told find my best quote and they will undercut it, how do I show them proof of my best quote ? He asked me if I was a full time driver wich I was at the time but now I’m not …

Smoggie89:
Called these up the other day for a quote I got told find my best quote and they will undercut it, how do I show them proof of my best quote ? He asked me if I was a full time driver wich I was at the time but now I’m not …

You get another insurer to send you their quote either by post or on line and then scan the posted one and send it as a photo or PDF
If quote is online then forward it to them

I have returned to Adelaide this year as they beat the other quotes this time around - I get the special IAM member rate

ROG:

Smoggie89:

You get another insurer to send you their quote either by post or on line and then scan the posted one and send it as a photo or PDF
If quote is online then forward it to them

I have returned to Adelaide this year as they beat the other quotes this time around - I get the special IAM member rate

I’ve read that some people who have c+e but no longer drive are refused insurance ? As I am no longer driving shall I just keep my trap shut lol