Adelaide Insurance.

Smoggie89:

ROG:

Smoggie89:
Called these up the other day for a quote I got told find my best quote and they will undercut it, how do I show them proof of my best quote ? He asked me if I was a full time driver wich I was at the time but now I’m not …

You get another insurer to send you their quote either by post or on line and then scan the posted one and send it as a photo or PDF
If quote is online then forward it to them

I have returned to Adelaide this year as they beat the other quotes this time around - I get the special IAM member rate

I’ve read that some people who have c+e but no longer drive are refused insurance ? As I am no longer driving shall I just keep my trap shut lol

You will be taking a big risk should they find out especially if you need to claim perhaps through a fault not of your making

I’ve got a cat c but don’t use it. I’m a train driver. I’m hoping to go back k on the coaches soon and my renewal isn’t till march so hopefully I’ll be back using my pcv by then.

I’ll see what they say when they phone back if not I’ve got a decent quote from Hastings direct anyone had any dealings with them

Just this month gone to them. Beat my original renewal quote by £140.

They just asked me to shop around for quotes and would phone me back end of week. Said they would beat my best quote by 10%.

Got quote off compare market for around £300, they rang me back and agreed to do me year for £270.

Not bad that the best quote I’ve found so far is £782.26 from hasting direct works out £75 month wich is better than what I’m paying now, ill just wait for Adelaide to phone and see what they say

Class2ldn:
I’ve got a cat c but don’t use it. I’m a train driver. I’m hoping to go back k on the coaches soon and my renewal isn’t till march so hopefully I’ll be back using my pcv by then.

What■■? You want to give up trains and go back on the road!!! Have you lost the plot?:shock:

Smoggie89:
I’ll see what they say when they phone back if not I’ve got a decent quote from Hastings direct anyone had any dealings with them

Just make sure they phone you back and not Vice Versa, The number I got given was premium premium rate, what I could’ve saved on my Insurance would’ve cost more in phone bills.

I hate phoning these places up so if they don’t phone me back I may go elsewhere

damoq:

Class2ldn:

What■■? You want to give up trains and go back on the road!!! Have you lost the plot?:shock:

+1

Just taken out house insurance with them now, our existing insurer was very competitive but Adelaide beat them so give them a go.

Just thought I’d bump this back up for a bit.

As a few of you know, I’ve been with Adelaide for a while now.

Some people ask what they’re like, price, service etc.

So, after a taxi decided it wanted to share the lane with me on the Mancy Way last night, I’ll be able to answer some of these questions over time.

For now though, phone call to an advisor, seemed decent, asked questions and organised for the relevent people to contact me - BUT, this won’t be until Monday.

So, I’m now car-less until Monday, meaning I’m missing Mondays work and house bound over the weekend.

Updates will follow.

Any idea when they send their renewal quotes out?? My car insurance policy runs out on jan 17th and hope they don’t leave it til the last minute to send renewal quotes out.

Hope they are as good on renewals as they are on 1st quotes

selby newcomer:
Any idea when they send their renewal quotes out?? My car insurance policy runs out on jan 17th and hope they don’t leave it til the last minute to send renewal quotes out.

Do what I do - check out the competition then present them with the lowest quote unless they have already given you a lower quote

ROG:

selby newcomer:

Do what I do - check out the competition then present them with the lowest quote unless they have already given you a lower quote

Sounds like a plan, will get onto it now while I’ve got a quiet house

waynedl:

So, after a taxi decided it wanted to share the lane with me on the Mancy Way last night, I’ll be able to answer some of these questions over time.

For now though, phone call to an advisor, seemed decent, asked questions and organised for the relevent people to contact me - BUT, this won’t be until Monday.

So, I’m now car-less until Monday, meaning I’m missing Mondays work and house bound over the weekend.

Updates will follow.

Any update?

All insurance companies try and put the price up each year, a percentage of customers don’t query this and just pay up and a percentage do either query it and get a lower price or go elsewhere. Simples.

dle1uk:
not with adelaide but will give them ago next time around,

but i will stay way clear of swinton and advice all to do the same…

after about 4 years with swinton renewal came through and was approx £100 more then what was quoted by swinton on compare sites, the quotes on compare also included a £50 cash back offer which my renewal did,nt. So I got a cheaper quote and changed companies. 2 weeks later a letter arrived from new insurance saying that my insurance was cancellled as I had lied on the info. they had got in touch with swinton for the proof of no claims, of which I have full no claims having never being involved in accident or any claim. Swinton told them I had been in accident. when i challenged swinton on this i was told I had been in accident the previous winter. i asked for the claim details ect and was told no claim was made but someone had contacted them to say I was involved in accident. No further details were known and they did,nt even have a contact number or name of who had reported it, they just simply put it on the computer that i was in an accident. I have never been involved in any accident incident or anything on the road. now it as took ages to get this record removed and I still envisage having problems in the future. but people I have spoke with about this it seems I am not the only one with this similar problem involving swinton. all had their insurance with them for 2 years+.

spot on about the ghost claims by swinton that crap happened a good few yrs back to me !
took a long while before it stopped popping up at renewal time. wouldnt ssip on them if they were on fire. jimmy.

Well it looks like Adelaide won’t be getting my business this year, just had my renewal quote through, £868 they want, not a chance am I paying that, already got it down to £630 with direct line

selby newcomer:
Well it looks like Adelaide won’t be getting my business this year, just had my renewal quote through, £868 they want, not a chance am I paying that, already got it down to £630 with direct line

Tell Adelaide the quote - be surprised if they don’t at least match if not better it.

Yorkysays:-:

waynedl:

Updates will follow.

Any update?

Oops, yes, sorry.

Right, courtesy car didn’t come until TUESDAY :open_mouth: , so 2 days off work, which I’ve lost the money for - should be able to get it back off the other party EVENTUALLY though, but also my boss wasn’t happy at me having the time off at a busy period and the agency bod who covered my duties missed the pin on the trailer and has damaged the new truck :unamused:

Anyway, it’s now nearly a month since the accident, but xmas period in the middle, car has been written off as a Cat D (cosmetic damage not worth repairing) so I’ll be having that back, but nothing else so far, party that caused the accident has until 11th Jan to respond, so it’s all a waiting game now :imp:

Will keep updated - promise :grimacing: