Ad-Blue

Ad-blue make an excellent weed killer

Imp:
Actros Euro6 does 3500kms on its tank, put Iveco euro6 on same job it does a day 600/700 kms both keep passing mots etc so must be doing what maker intended but huge difference between the units.

IMP , I think the reason the IVECO uses more than the Merc is that Iveco do not use EGR .just SCR so will use more adblue to meet the EURO6 regs ,from what I know they were the only manufacturer to just stick to SCR ,though if im wrong someone will correct me

Diesels had egr valves fitted to reduce the amount of soot emitted from the exhaust by reintroducing some of the spent gases and soot back into the intake to be burnt again.

Then as they were still bad for us the next step was DPF filters which collect the nasty soot and hold and it is then burnt at extreme temps to turn into harmless Ash.

But still diesels were not good for us, so ad blu was the next step and that is used to reduce the nitrous oxides (gases) emitted from the exhaust.

So after 3 different systems were designed to make diesels as clean as possible they cost a fortune when they go wrong.

And even then there will be something else that is not good for us. And another system will be developed to make them meet even more stringent regulations.

truckyboy:
as far as i`m aware…there is no comparison,ad blue is a system devised to stop harmful particles reaching the atmosphere…thereby allowing us to breathe more easily,anyone cheating the system…deserves all they get…as was reported recently where an operator has lost his O licence after a roadside check on one of his vehicles…another rogue operator off the road.

Not quite correct. A Dpf collects particle matter aka spot and burns it into harmless Ash collected in the filter still.

What is left after a DPF is gasses, nitrous oxides and ad blue was designed to treat those gases and lower the nitrous oxides emitted at the tail pipe.

Muckaway:
All these O’licences being revoked for use of cheat devices I think is just being petty. The powers that be don’t like it that people have found a way around a money making con. We were told Euro 5 vehicles were clean and only produced water vapour. Then Euro 6 came out and people still bang on about emissions, it’s all ■■■■■■■■.

Euro 4 and 5 vehicles were a lot cleaner as they were not pumping out clouds of soot when accelerating.

But what’s left is some water vapour and nitrous oxides but the nitrous oxides are just as harmful so then ad blue was used to lower the amount of nitrous oxides emitted by the exhaust.

animal:
Ad-blue make an excellent weed killer

What a marvellous idea animal , I will try that and let you know result.
Applied neat or dilute ?
Ps I’ll watch out for formaldehyde !
Jim

Filling up an Isuzu puddle jumper, using an adblue pump is fun and games. As soon as you press the trigger it trips out as the filler neck/tank is too small. Not to mention the pointless underrun bars which get in the way aswell.
At least in my current job I drive a Y reg that’s Euro 3 at best.