Adblue by pass systems

I have noticed ads on the net for a box to by pass the ad blue system as the adblue system is a money maker and a bit of a con because they cost a fortune to get fixed because they are not fit for purpose dose anyone think it will be ok if I fit one

fuse:
I have noticed ads on the net for a box to by pass the ad blue system as the adblue system is a money maker and a bit of a con because they cost a fortune to get fixed because they are not fit for purpose dose anyone think it will be ok if I fit one

Just do what I do, just ignore it. The wagon I drive hasn’t seen any adblue since it was new I reckon.

So how come the engine hasn’t derated, the sensors that meter the flow of adblue will realize it has none and light up all the warning lights at first, then the engine will derate. All that is set in the programming in the ECU.

newmercman:
So how come the engine hasn’t derated, the sensors that meter the flow of adblue will realize it has none and light up all the warning lights at first, then the engine will derate. All that is set in the programming in the ECU.

Go over a speed bump at more than 10mph and you get a disco of lights on the dash. Hell I was coming to a roundabout, hit a pothole that knocked it out of gear! An auto, knocked out of gear! I don’t think no adblue is going to matter.

Not the pride of the fleet then :laughing:

Radar19:

newmercman:

Go over a speed bump at more than 10mph and you get a disco of lights on the dash. Hell I was coming to a roundabout, hit a pothole that knocked it out of gear! An auto, knocked out of gear! I don’t think no adblue is going to matter.

Sounds like an old Eaton Twin Split I used to drive hahahahaha, awesome

newmercman:
Not the pride of the fleet then :laughing:

Don’t get me wrong, its great to drive. Its like a Tonka toy, just plant it and go! That being said, the sleeper pod leaks at night. The night heater is pants and cuts out after 5 minutes. The tacho is wacko, displays faults 14 and 13 all the time. The seat is crap and squeaks all the time. It did do a trip from the fuel station at Mopeth to Edinburgh and then to Glasgow and finally back to Lincoln on just over half a tank of fuel!

Hi All.

… I was told that ‘Ad-Blue’ thing was nothing more than industrial ‘pigs-pee’ and that to be caught without it at a roadside check was on the same lines as burning ’ cherry ’ ( RED ).

Am I right or stand corrected?..

There was an article about this in the Sunday Times.Appently some hairy truckers are by-passing the adblu system or having it removed entirely.This criminal behaviour results in the DEATH of children in our cities.The firms doing the work state that the trucks are for the export market and the truckers x their hearts and hope to die if they ever use a truck without ad-blu in this country.It wont matter if children in foreign countries die beause the trucks dont use ad-blu.We all managed fine for 80 years without ad-blu in our diesel engines.

is there anywhere lady truckers can buy AD PINK ■■
■■■■■■ equality and all that…

newmercman:

The ad blue system is removed from the ECU, as in all sensors are switched off, as long as there is adblue in the tank no one would know it has been switched off.

I know about the delete modifications, but just running it dry is another thing entirely, which was my initial question.

I caught the pipe that goes into the exhaust and emptied my adblue tank. Evening was fine until I switched the engine off and then it went into limp mode

newmercman:
I know about the delete modifications, but just running it dry is another thing entirely, which was my initial question.

The ECU is reprogrammed to ignore everything to do with the adblue system, including removing the ability to derate the engine.

How will the removal effect manufacturer warrenties and insurance as the vehicle has been modified?

mattecube:
How will the removal effect manufacturer warrenties and insurance as the vehicle has been modified?

You will void the warranty.

and probably in validate the insurance which is my point

weeto:

newmercman:

The ECU is reprogrammed to ignore everything to do with the adblue system, including removing the ability to derate the engine.

I didn’t realise people could do that. That will also be handy for cars if you can do the same to them as they wont even start with no ad blue in the system.

Im sure lots of people will take the risk although Im told if you run with no ad blue you will get book thrown at you.

mattecube:
and probably in validate the insurance which is my point

No its nothing to do with insurance. Just the warranty will be effected and then you might get away with it. Depends how keen the dealer / manufacturer look into it.

If the vehicle is in a smash an insurer could suggest and argue possably that the vehicle has been modified ie it is no longer in the manufacturers spec through modification of the ad blue system therefore try and avoid a payout,Im no expert its just a thought and we all know insurance companies will trry any argument to avoid payouts