Adblue by pass systems

mattecube:
If the vehicle is in a smash an insurer could suggest and argue possably that the vehicle has been modified ie it is no longer in the manufacturers spec through modification of the ad blue system therefore try and avoid a payout,Im no expert its just a thought and we all know insurance companies will trry any argument to avoid payouts

you could say the same for extra lights , running bars ,shiney fuel tanks .etc etc
but its performance mods are the ones that affect insurance :wink: turning off adblue does not make it go any better

So where would one go to get an addblue system disabled properly ie reprogrammed, just out of curiousity of course

Try google adblue doctor

You might like to consider just why we have ad blue. Sure we managed without it since Adam was driving a team of horses, but the idea is to reduce the amount of nasty stuff that belches out of the truck’s exhaust.

Or it could be that the manufacturers and the governments are, through lower emission requirements, in it together so that our lorries are obsolete in three years, requiring a new one to be purchased to remain legal.

If it was purely in the name of reducing pollution then it would be illegal to export older pre emission lorries, after all we share the same atmosphere no matter where our exhaust gases go…

Radar19:

newmercman:
So how come the engine hasn’t derated, the sensors that meter the flow of adblue will realize it has none and light up all the warning lights at first, then the engine will derate. All that is set in the programming in the ECU.

Go over a speed bump at more than 10mph and you get a disco of lights on the dash. Hell I was coming to a roundabout, hit a pothole that knocked it out of gear! An auto, knocked out of gear! I don’t think no adblue is going to matter.

you work for taylors :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Or it could be that the manufacturers and the governments are, through lower emission requirements, in it together so that our lorries are obsolete in three years, requiring a new one to be purchased to remain legal.

If it was purely in the name of reducing pollution then it would be illegal to export older pre emission lorries, after all we share the same atmosphere no matter where our exhaust gases go…

Its simply because the law makes it harder and harder to be able to make the same power output from the engines with lower emissions. In my eyes its far better to spray a bit of pig ■■■■ into your exhaust than it is to ■■■■ in dirty exhaust gas and balls up your engine. Id certainly want to use the former.

And for the export of vehicles that is regulated its just the 3rd world type country’s are not at the same level as us yet. They wouldn’t be able to afford to buy or have the ability to fix more modern stuff anyway.

burnley-si:

Radar19:

newmercman:
So how come the engine hasn’t derated, the sensors that meter the flow of adblue will realize it has none and light up all the warning lights at first, then the engine will derate. All that is set in the programming in the ECU.

Go over a speed bump at more than 10mph and you get a disco of lights on the dash. Hell I was coming to a roundabout, hit a pothole that knocked it out of gear! An auto, knocked out of gear! I don’t think no adblue is going to matter.

you work for taylors :laughing: :laughing:

I was offered work there through an agency but sod traveling an hour to drive some clapped out motor.

Why would you want to bother removing the ad blue system anyway. It’s not like it is particular expensive to buy.

It is there to reduce harmful emissions from trucks. True back in the day we managed without it, but then again we had pea souper fogs which killed 100s in the cities. Caused essentially by pollution from industry, coal fires and vehicle emissions.
We used to have lead in petrol. Do you want to go back to that ? Or May asbestos in your break pads. Just because we used to breath in ■■■■■ doesn’t mean we have to carry on doing so. It’s called progress.

Theshrew:

newmercman:

Its simply because the law makes it harder and harder to be able to make the same power output from the engines with lower emissions. In my eyes its far better to spray a bit of pig ■■■■ into your exhaust than it is to ■■■■ in dirty exhaust gas and balls up your engine. Id certainly want to use the former.

And for the export of vehicles that is regulated its just the 3rd world type country’s are not at the same level as us yet. They wouldn’t be able to afford to buy or have the ability to fix more modern stuff anyway.

Yes but the new emission requirements mean EGR, DPF and SCR, that is a world of trouble waiting to happen. The systems themselves are not the problem, it’s the electronics that run the systems, they can’t cope with it yet.

In Nth America where they run 12v they are a nightmare, maybe 24v will be better…

As for third world countries not having the money or knowledge to keep emission controlled engines on the road, well so what? If the tree huggers really want to save the planet, this is where their attention should be focused, the pollutants that they put into the atmosphere are being spread around the globe.

Smog was mentioned, the most famous smog nowadays is in the LA basin, most of that is blown across the Pacific from China and S E Asia, yet all the emission control ■■■■■■■■ on modern lorries is to meet CARB (California Air Resources Board) requirements (the same EGR, DPF, SCR ■■■■■■■■, just introduced at a different schedule in Europe) and the main scientist there was found to have a moody science degree and that his research was complete crap, the “lethal” N0X levels that diesels were pumping out of their exhaust were not in fact any danger to the human race whatsoever.

I thought Euro 5 was zero emissions; If that’s the case, what is the need for Euro 6, apart from sparing tipper drivers from a new Hino?

Muckaway:
I thought Euro 5 was zero emissions; If that’s the case, what is the need for Euro 6, apart from sparing tipper drivers from a new Hino?

I’ve heard this statement a few times, found links to it but can’t find any FACTS that back it up…

Euro6 info sheet:
This reduction in exhaust emissions can have a significant impact on pollution levels, and it has even been claimed that in some build-up urban environments, the air leaving a Euro 6 exhaust could be cleaner than the air ingested through the engine intake filter!

waynedl:

Muckaway:

I’ve heard this statement a few times, found links to it but can’t find any FACTS that back it up…

Euro6 info sheet:
This reduction in exhaust emissions can have a significant impact on pollution levels, and it has even been claimed that in some build-up urban environments, the air leaving a Euro 6 exhaust could be cleaner than the air ingested through the engine intake filter!

Strangely enough, I’ve read the same about Euro 5. And there’s me, running around with a filter-free Euro 3 truck without a thought for orphaned mongals in an undiscovered rainforest.

Secretelephant:
Why would you want to bother removing the ad blue system anyway. It’s not like it is particular expensive to buy.

It is there to reduce harmful emissions from trucks. True back in the day we managed without it, but then again we had pea souper fogs which killed 100s in the cities. Caused essentially by pollution from industry, coal fires and vehicle emissions.
We used to have lead in petrol. Do you want to go back to that ? Or May asbestos in your break pads. Just because we used to breath in [zb] doesn’t mean we have to carry on doing so. It’s called progress.

Indeedy!

I dont think the system is fit for purpose,to expensive to fix ect ect,10 lt plastic drums laid all over the place and those blue plasic locks of the tops that entrap birds,still the germans who I have heard are the only ones to make the knox sensor at £300 a snort will do ok

fuse:
I dont think the system is fit for purpose,to expensive to fix ect ect,10 lt plastic drums laid all over the place and those blue plasic locks of the tops that entrap birds,still the germans who I have heard are the only ones to make the knox sensor at £300 a snort will do ok

It’s NOx not knox, so, with that level of research shown in your post, we’ll take the rest with a pinch of salt eh?

How much diesel is wasted in the manufacture and distribution of AD-BLU?As we all know if you have got it then a lorry brought it.

alamcculloch:
How much diesel is wasted in the manufacture and distribution of AD-BLU?As we all know if you have got it then a lorry brought it.

Good point!!!

If you do it dont tell anyone and yes they do work and a truck will pass mot

A mate had a prob with system 2500 later still not fixed
Fitted box no problems and mpg went up

Know of two others fitted them
On new trucks and still on rm
Dealers not picked up and one had other probs that had to be diagnosed still not picked up and both mpg better with box

Muckaway:

Euro 5s main job was to reduce NOX to a specific level,Euro 6s is to reduce it even more …I can’t remember the levels ,but I will hav a look at course notes next week and give the levels of NOX produced for all the Euro levels and how much emissions have improved …Euro 6 has also targeted soot/ particulate levels ,hence the DPF …From what I have been told ,the NOX is as low as they can get it ,and for future Euro regs ,soot , particulate and co2 will be the main targets with Euro 7 due roughly in 2017…Being a mechanic I truly miss good old mechanical throttle pedals and in line Fuel Injection Pumps …But times move on …I always remember when in the army on exercise ,all he vehicle camoflagued so the pretend enemy couldn’t see them .Then 1st thing in the morning you’d start the vehicles and it was just exhaust smoke everywhere which could be spotted for miles :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: