Abandoned Romanian rig

robroy:
It was dozy.
His guvnor told him to travel up in the van and collect Reg. Dozy being Dozy got it wrong, and Reg is still asleep in the cab waiting for a lift home. :laughing:
Come on it wasnā€™t THAT bad. :neutral_face:

8 o`clock in the morn on a bank holiday weekend. . . . OK.

Jayen4:

yt03:
Thereā€™s been a Romanian xf parked at the jet garage on the A63 for over a year mate lol actually doesnā€™t look a bad motor from the outsideā€¦ Often wonder what the story behind that was!

Bit of an update for you all on this oneā€¦
I went over and had a look at this truckā€¦As far as I can see,itā€™s not a Romanian vehicleā€¦itā€™s right hand drive,probably an 03 to 05 year,by the looks. Needs a set of tyres and some paint at the least. Asked in the garage shop and apparently,it belongs to some guy from Manchester,who has some other trucks,that work out of Hull. I have his name and phone number. Strangely the number plates have been removedā€¦? I passed there a couple of days ago and itā€™s still parked in the same spotā€¦So itā€™s not really ā€˜abandonedā€™ at all !!

ā€¦

yt03:

Jayen4:

yt03:
Thereā€™s been a Romanian xf parked at the jet garage on the A63 for over a year mate lol actually doesnā€™t look a bad motor from the outsideā€¦ Often wonder what the story behind that was!

I went over and had a look at this truckā€¦As far as I can see,itā€™s not a Romanian vehicleā€¦itā€™s right hand drive,probably an 03 to 05 year,by the looks. Needs a set of tyres and some paint at the least. Asked in the garage shop and apparently,it belongs to some guy from Manchester,who has some other trucks,that work out of Hull. I have his name and phone number. Strangely the number plates have been removedā€¦? I passed there a couple of days ago and itā€™s still parked in the same spotā€¦So itā€™s not really ā€˜abandonedā€™ at all !!

I thought it was a left ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  myself but then Iā€™ve not been across to it, What would you class is as if itā€™s not abandonedā– ā– ? Long term parking ā– ā–  Itā€™s been there agesā€¦ And quite clearly no one is interested initā€¦Iā€™m pretty certain it was on foreign plates before the read mudguards was all removed!! And yeah itā€™s the old 95 model going off the back of the cab

yt03:

yt03:

Jayen4:

yt03:

I thought it was a left ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  myself but then Iā€™ve not been across to it, What would you class is as if itā€™s not abandonedā– ā– ? Long term parking ā– ā–  Itā€™s been there agesā€¦ And quite clearly no one is interested initā€¦Iā€™m pretty certain it was on foreign plates before the read mudguards was all removed!! And yeah itā€™s the old 95 model going off the back of the cab

Since the garage owner seems to have the name and number of the owner, then presumably hes charging parking/storage fees? So guess its not totally abandoned?

I should of known this by looking at it every time i drive past, my fault guys false alarm :smiley: