46% of UK Trucks Parked Up!

I have read an article that states currently 46% of UK trucks are currently parked up due to lack of work & drivers either made redundant or furloughed off.
If this is the case then why am I constantly seeing foreign vehicles, (mainly Romainian, Hungarian & Latvian) working in this country on cabotage? I am told by an owner driver friend (who incidently has no work), that he was on a job last year that paid £280 per run for 7 months through a well known 3pl co who have told him this year the rate is now £200, this week 4 Romainian vehicles were seen collecting the goods bound for Abingdon.
Shouldnt we really be supporting & looking after our own?

Only last Weds at Corley services southbound M6 I observed 2 Romainian 1 Czek & 3 polish drivers parked up drinking beers, chatting together without any consideration to social distancing. After which they all wondered off into the toilets with complete disregard for anyone else, brushing past others as they made thier way. Why are we allowing these vehicles probably passing though 4 or 5 countries to enter the UK in these times. The trailers can easily be dropped at European ports shunted onto ferry & collected in UK by our own trucks surely?

I have work 3 days a week at the moment so consider myself lucky in some respects, dont know how long for though, stay safe everyone.

Rant over.

I’m lucky enough to still be working full time, whilst driving about I have to admit that there appears to be far more foreign trucks on the road than UK ones. The laybys & closed down industrial estate’s around Immingham are full of mainly Romanian tractor units.
It’s worrying that the decline of the UK haulage industry will come to an end sooner rather than later.

BREXIT

there you are,someone had to say it… :slight_smile:

paulus171:
I have read an article that states currently 46% of UK trucks are currently parked up due to lack of work & drivers either made redundant or furloughed off.
If this is the case then why am I constantly seeing foreign vehicles, (mainly Romainian, Hungarian & Latvian) working in this country on cabotage? I am told by an owner driver friend (who incidently has no work), that he was on a job last year that paid £280 per run for 7 months through a well known 3pl co who have told him this year the rate is now £200, this week 4 Romainian vehicles were seen collecting the goods bound for Abingdon.

Only last Weds at Corley services southbound M6 I observed 2 Romainian 1 Czek & 3 polish drivers parked up drinking beers, chatting together without any consideration to social distancing. After which they all wondered off into the toilets with complete disregard for anyone else, brushing past others as they made thier way. Why are we allowing these vehicles probably passing though 4 or 5 countries to enter the UK in these times. The trailers can easily be dropped at European ports shunted onto ferry & collected in UK by our own trucks surely?

I have work 3 days a week at the moment so consider myself lucky in some respects, dont know how long for though, stay safe everyone.

Rant over.

Not part of the EU so in time it will cost them too much money to be sending there trucks from 3 world countries into the UK

dieseldog999:
BREXIT

and it had to be you didn’t it… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bigtruck3:

paulus171:

Rant over.

Not part of the EU so in time it will cost them too much money to be sending there trucks from 3 world countries into the UK

Probably as likely that in time they won’t want to send their trucks into a 3rd world country

paulus171:

Rant over.

RACIST !!!

LMAO !!!

Sorry couldnt help myself :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Without protectionist policies put in place it was always only a matter of time until the foreign competition did to the domestic side what it has done to the international side.They are just consolidating an advantage that they’ve been given in the case of a seeming double standards application of lock down rules.

This country has long had a vendetta against its blue collar workforce.First they came for its manufacturing workers then they came for its miners…

Funnily enough I noticed 2 or 3 ro plates couple of days last week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

m.a.n rules:

dieseldog999:
BREXIT

and it had to be you didn’t it… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well i can assure you theres nobody knows or cares less about covid riddled brexit than myself,so by that reckoning im well qualified to mention it similar to some of the other professors on here spouting waffle out of their jacksie… :smiley:

truckerjimbo:

paulus171:

Rant over.

RACIST !!!

LMAO !!!

Sorry couldnt help myself :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes file under I can only get 3 days work so blame the bloody foreigners. Nearly as good as all the are dying because their interbred, which was one I heard earlier.

46% of trucks are parked up so why is Jonny still in the country - because a big percentage of the 46% are own account restricted licenses that won’t be going to pick ferry trailers up.

That article has been going round for about 3 weeks , ignorant .

=====================

Please have a read of the forum rules. dd.

A few planes parked up as well, albeit these are in the U S of A

Its certainly a sight to behold.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimmy McNulty:

truckerjimbo:

paulus171:

Rant over.

RACIST !!!

LMAO !!!

Yes file under I can only get 3 days work so blame the bloody foreigners. Nearly as good as all the are dying because their interbred, which was one I heard earlier.

46% of trucks are parked up so why is Jonny still in the country - because a big percentage of the 46% are own account restricted licenses that won’t be going to pick ferry trailers up.

That article has been going round for about 3 weeks , .

Shut up you boring ■■■■

Jimmy McNulty:

Actually, I doubt that. From my own observations over 30+ years, I would be surprised if much more than 5% of trucks run on orange discs.

Stay home, essential journeys only, keep the NHS safe, protect yourself…So while you are all doing that, watch the foreigners do as they please and risk our NHS and not keep us safe!

You could not make this up…This country is a FARCE.

SuperMultiBlue:

Jimmy McNulty:

truckerjimbo:

paulus171:

Rant over.

RACIST !!!

LMAO !!!

That article has been going round for about 3 weeks , ignorant .

Shut up you boring [zb]

Tell you what you call people out for a bit of casual racism and get called a boring ■■■■■ .

Oh and it’s a bit rich coming from mr ‘I’m the best driver at wherever I have worked’.

Yes Harry I dare say I am wrong regarding the restricted, but probably not with the own account. A lot of these parked up will be those.

paulus171:
he trailers can easily be dropped at European ports shunted onto ferry & collected in UK by our own trucks surely?

Rant over.

I think this is not possible at Dober/Calais.Now each all ferry filled in 30 min(truck go out from fery/come in) .If this job will do shunting truck that will be required at least 3-5 hours for each ferry.And need thousand acre of land for parking,extra security staff.May be this is possible in some quit port where just 3 ferry per day.And can be problem about responsibily for trailer damages,load damages.

paulus171:

Rant over.

In Calais at least plenty of land around for building parking space.But in Dover side no space around port.But if build parking space 5 miles away from dock that one ferry unloading will taked about 12 hours.May be Uk need think and build bridge from Dover to Calais???And if do by you view that must shutdown train from Uk to France.How it is possible load trailer in present train??

Andrejs:
I think this is not possible at Dober/Calais.Now each all ferry filled in 30 min(truck go out from fery/come in) .If this job will do shunting truck that will be required at least 3-5 hours for each ferry.And need thousand acre of land for parking,extra security staff.May be this is possible in some quit port where just 3 ferry per day.And can be problem about responsibily for trailer damages,load damages.

Well the whole of Scandinavia does it with ferries on a one hour turnaround. I wouldn’t say Travemünde or Helsinki have three ferries a day?

Many of the 46% (if true figure) relate to manufacturing operations e.g. Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan etc as no cars are being built or sold, so no parts going in on curtainsiders and no cars out on transporters. I’m sure there’s a lot of similar examples.

Container fleets were some of the first to suffer with larger operations like Maritime, Wincanton, Turners and Stobarts moving vehicles to support supermarket deliveries during the panic buying. Smaller dedicated container hauliers furloughed their drivers as they didn’t have alternative work.

The reason we have non UK trucks running in the UK is they have cheaper operating costs (drivers wages) and we all as consumers want the cheapest goods we can get. Basically supply and demand.
As with the NHS PPE debacle, its a good job Turkey was able to assist a third world country by supplying PPE when we needed it.