Abandoned Romanian rig

alterego:
Update. Our tm has managed to contact the company. Would have loved to have heard the conversation, and they are going to send someone over to collect it. The truck has been parked in our trailer park out of the way.

Has the driver done a runner and abandoned ship then? or maybe he just went on the ■■■■? as said there’s a fair sized Romanian community here and he did want a shower first maybe he’s just on a good bender and may turn up when he’s sobered up?

RB84:
maybe he’s just on a good bender and may turn up when he’s sobered up?

This is my guess. Perhaps somebody in Romania warned him about tipping times at UK RDCs and he’s decided to go live his life while he’s waiting for his pager to go off.

yt03:
There’s been a Romanian xf parked at the jet garage on the A63 for over a year mate lol actually doesn’t look a bad motor from the outside… Often wonder what the story behind that was!

Hmmm…That’s interesting. Could do with a free truck to pull my motorhome trailer !! :wink: :slight_smile:

Could I claim salvage rights on it ■■

Did anyone collect it ?

Used to do sunny Europe years ago, a few Brits spat there dummies out or could not hack it and got a lift/flight home…but in them days you tended to get your running money in cash…

mark h:
Did anyone collect it ?

Nop. Still there as of 1630 this afternoon :exclamation:

alterego:

mark h:
Did anyone collect it ?

Nop. Still there as of 1630 this afternoon :exclamation:

Would imagine thats there to stay, its probably just another been put on the back burner to be slowly forgotten about…

wouldn’t surprise me if his employer made the mistake of sacking him while he was here and the driver has now given him a headache by dumping the lorry here,i hear of other drivers doing it here ie if you want to sack me then your motor is in Scotland,i’m getting a train back,that kind of scenario,mind you a lot of employers are wise to that now and wait for you to come back before you get the tin tack

Jayen4:

yt03:
There’s been a Romanian xf parked at the jet garage on the A63 for over a year mate lol actually doesn’t look a bad motor from the outside… Often wonder what the story behind that was!

Hmmm…That’s interesting. Could do with a free truck to pull my motorhome trailer !! :wink: :slight_smile:

If that was me I’d have er away!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

frenchflyer:
I may be cynical here but maybe he took the job to get to the uk,
Got to delivery plaice then does a runner knowing the truck would be secure
for another driver to collect.

What kind of sole does that?

eagerbeaver:

frenchflyer:
I may be cynical here but maybe he took the job to get to the uk,
Got to delivery plaice then does a runner knowing the truck would be secure
for another driver to collect.

What kind of sole does that?

All sounds a bit fishy.

Big Truck:

Jayen4:

yt03:

If that was me I’d have er away!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

thought this from the start o the thread aye BT many o my auld bosses would have had it away after the first week a white truck an trailer yes please :smiley: :smiley:

It’s been collected!!! 1400 this afternoon. 8 weeks and 1 day. Another daf from same company, with 2 ee,s in it, and a letter from the operator of the vehicle collected keys from security.

Batteries flat as a kippers ■■■■, a van from a local fitters turned up with a boost pack, fired it up, 10 mins later he was gone, left hell of a patch of oil though :open_mouth:

alterego:
It’s been collected!!! 1400 this afternoon. 8 weeks and 1 day. Another daf from same company, with 2 ee,s in it, and a letter from the operator of the vehicle collected keys from security.

Batteries flat as a kippers ■■■■, a van from a local fitters turned up with a boost pack, fired it up, 10 mins later he was gone, left hell of a patch of oil though :shock:

Its probably now abandoned for good two miles down the road…

How much parking/storage did you charge them? If not much you’ll have 'em queuing round the block. :slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I worked fo a guy about ten years ago who had a cafe with a bit of overnite parking. a big German firm Nickolas or something like that left a couple of year old Schmitz euroliner there for about 6 months when they finally came to collect it it was buried and locked in when they went in the office they was given a bill so his boss phoned my boss and told him to keep the trailer even sent all the documents for it over

I thought it was fishy when the OP said the driver asked where the shower was…[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

yt03:

Bit of an update for you all on this one…
I went over and had a look at this truck…As far as I can see,it’s not a Romanian vehicle…it’s right hand drive,probably an 03 to 05 year,by the looks. Needs a set of tyres and some paint at the least. Asked in the garage shop and apparently,it belongs to some guy from Manchester,who has some other trucks,that work out of Hull. I have his name and phone number. Strangely the number plates have been removed…? I passed there a couple of days ago and it’s still parked in the same spot…So it’s not really ‘abandoned’ at all !!

Jayen4:

yt03:

I went over and had a look at this truck…As far as I can see,it’s not a Romanian vehicle…it’s right hand drive,probably an 03 to 05 year,by the looks. Needs a set of tyres and some paint at the least. Asked in the garage shop and apparently,it belongs to some guy from Manchester,who has some other trucks,that work out of Hull. I have his name and phone number. Strangely the number plates have been removed…? I passed there a couple of days ago and it’s still parked in the same spot…So it’s not really ‘abandoned’ at all !!

Number plates removed? Wonder why?
Maybe another truck ran out of number plates and needed a number plate top-up?
Maybe the plates have been posted off to the Ro test station so they can get a new test cert?
Any other suggestions?

Franglais:

Jayen4:

yt03:

Number plates removed? Wonder why?
Maybe another truck ran out of number plates and needed a number plate top-up?
Maybe the plates have been posted off to the Ro test station so they can get a new test cert?
Any other suggestions?

It was dozy.
His guvnor told him to travel up in the van and collect Reg. Dozy being Dozy got it wrong, and Reg is still asleep in the cab waiting for a lift home. :laughing:
Come on it wasn’t THAT bad. :neutral_face: